Northern Nights Featherbed TSV...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Daisy2911

Registered Shopper
Hi, just some advice please... The TSV Featherbed looks impressive & comfy - but it does seem similar to this featherbed: http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.821809.cm_scid.KeywordSearch
They both have a 4" gussett & a down top (though with different stitching).... I've been caught out by a featherbed before - the featherflex from last year, was so uncomfortable, so back it went... Does anyone here have a down on top FB & are they any good?..... Thanks for any help xxx :bandit:
ps.. Have noticed how the p&p for featherbeds is creeping up!

Last edited:
I have the ~original~ one of these, bought quite a few years back when a tsv (£72? single) ..love it and should anything happen to it would not hesitate to replace it with the same and can honestly say in the years owned have only had about 5 feathers migrate to the surface and need to be picked out.

The advantage on this new style is obviously in the stitching as mine just has rows/channels down the middle and every day I need to shake it to move the feathers back ...can see a good improvement with them being in box fashion :up:

daydreamer

one of the issues with qvc featherbeds is that they tend to slip off the bed near enough every day. i am put off replacing my featherbed because i only have to plump it up once a week when i change my bedding would be interested in this one if it was heavy enough not to slip and soft enough to cradle my old bones lol

You could stitch some lengths of elastic on each corner making a loop big enough to go over the corner of your mattress it might stop it slipping.

one of the issues with qvc featherbeds is that they tend to slip off the bed near enough every day. i am put off replacing my featherbed because i only have to plump it up once a week when i change my bedding would be interested in this one if it was heavy enough not to slip and soft enough to cradle my old bones lol
With my current (old) featherbed, I do something that does help with it slipping off, Boffy.. I use a fitted sheet on my mattress, then put the featherbed on top (so the FB is not slipping about on the bare mattress), then a Northern Nights fitted sheet over the FB & mattress... It works really well xx
I have gone for the TSV - if it doesn't work out, it can go back :bandit:

Sorry just slightly off topic.
Where do you manage to get hold of extra deep fitted sheets other than those sold in Northern Nights sets please?

Thanks Bags

I use a plain white fitted sheet (deeper) from Next, over the mattress, Bags... though, it wouldn't really be deep enough to use over the featherbed - but the NN sheet on top keeps it all in place :bandit:
Just wanted to add - NN sheets seem to be the only ones that are elasticated all the way round, not just at the corners.. It seems to make all the difference though x

Last edited:
I use a plain white fitted sheet (deeper) from Next, over the mattress, Bags... though, it wouldn't really be deep enough to use over the featherbed - but the NN sheet on top keeps it all in place :bandit:

Thanks Daisy, I've had a look and can't seem to find deep fitted sheets.
These days with such new deep mattresses and a feather bed or memory foam toppers you really do need extra deep fitted sheets.

Very do deep sheets elastic acted all the way around in the Hotel range( I think that's what it's called). It's the no elastic that puts me off NN featherbeds, I have a dorma one which has been great but I think after 7 years I could do with a new one but mine has elastic at the corners and it's great never moves and you can shake it without having to strip the whole bed

I've gone for the TSV as my FB is well past it's sell by date (seen a lodda action......:happy: ).

I've never had a problem with it moving, however I have a cotton mattress protector on first, that does the trick.

The new one looks very high with that gusset. I'm wondering if my FB cover is going to fit ok. I do think a cover is pretty essential, it's amazing how grubby it gets even with a sheet between it and you.

I've gone for the TSV as my FB is well past it's sell by date (seen a lodda action......:happy: ).

I've never had a problem with it moving, however I have a cotton mattress protector on first, that does the trick.

The new one looks very high with that gusset. I'm wondering if my FB cover is going to fit ok. I do think a cover is pretty essential, it's amazing how grubby it gets even with a sheet between it and you.

I'm shocked with all the action, you have never had a problem with movement.:mysmilie_8:

Latest posts

Back