Not cheap, but....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

She's selling things that she believes us ladies out there want to buy and having watched her show last night it would seem she's got it right. I wouldn't buy any of her things though as they are too mumsy for me, I hate animal prints and those trainers that you see old ladies wearing, trying to be trendy. OK, I know I'm not young any more but none of this range tempts me. Especially not that pink plastic jacket that someone was actually asking for and bought. You can buy similar in Asda and as I'm not a label snob that does me fine. Each to their own. I'd rather spend my cash on holidays.

CC

Sadly she always wears the same thing; almost a uniform of 'slim' jeans, ankle boots, a T shirt and a jacket that can't be fastened. I know many of us are guilty of this but she has a fashion range so her look should vary a little.

She's selling things that she believes us ladies out there want to buy and having watched her show last night it would seem she's got it right. I wouldn't buy any of her things though as they are too mumsy for me, I hate animal prints and those trainers that you see old ladies wearing, trying to be trendy. OK, I know I'm not young any more but none of this range tempts me. Especially not that pink plastic jacket that someone was actually asking for and bought. You can buy similar in Asda and as I'm not a label snob that does me fine. Each to their own. I'd rather spend my cash on holidays.

CC
I have an aversion to trainers with a zip and/or a wedge. There's just something about them....

What really gets me with her range is it has all been done before, there is everything that you can get on the high st, but she sells it at a much higher price and tries to justify that price with harping on about the quality,which is just an excuse to try and justify her ridiculous prices .
She has the absolute nerve to charge more for her shoes and handbags than proper designers on QVC, such as Ben De Lisi and Julian McDonald, who have studied their craft. If I was her I would be embarassed to stand there flogging such overpriced tat!!

Sadly she always wears the same thing; almost a uniform of 'slim' jeans, ankle boots, a T shirt and a jacket that can't be fastened. I know many of us are guilty of this but she has a fashion range so her look should vary a little.

I have an aversion to trainers with a zip and/or a wedge. There's just something about them....
Me too, they look stupid

What really gets me with her range is it has all been done before, there is everything that you can get on the high st, but she sells it at a much higher price and tries to justify that price with harping on about the quality,which is just an excuse to try and justify her ridiculous prices .
She has the absolute nerve to charge more for her shoes and handbags than proper designers on QVC, such as Ben De Lisi and Julian McDonald, who have studied their craft. If I was her I would be embarassed to stand there flogging such overpriced tat!!
She has made millions personally selling the range thats why she is on QVC every minute possible. Millions!

The thing is this - You cannot buy "style" you can curate a collection of trendy, "edgy", bold coloured clothes but they're not gonna make you look stylish if you haven't got it, and imo it's a rare thing. I can only describe Ruth's look as "fashion by numbers" which results in her looking like a showroom dummy. Style is effortless and not to be confused with a person's "go to" look. We all know people who dress a certain way and have done since the year dot. It's all about those people who just seem to have the knack of throwing any outfit together and looking fabulous.
Occassion wear I'd class differently, it can make anyone look stunning. I can remember back in my distant days of the office Christmas dinner/dance and one particular lady who lets say dressed for comfort turned up in an fitted evening gown, the heels, the jewellery, the full make up and we didn't actually recognise her for a good few minutes - she looked amazing!
The biggest problem about Ruth's clothes for me is the bliddy price. The only time they're realistic is when they reach clearance and even then I consider them overpriced. She won't change the formula when people are so eager to buy. I've noticed that when she brings something new to the collection she'll limit the colours to about 3 to test the water, the fans will buy so we can expect the barbie jacket to be available in silver, gold, lime green and sky blue pink with yellow spots!:sick:

So many of the presenters and models (who wear what they're told to wear) wear clothes that are a combination of too tight, too low, too transparent, too gaudy. I suppose Q imagines it's what the Great British Public wears. I personally have a thing about buttons down the front - they're there for a purpose, so DO THEM UP! I don't want to view anyone's boobage, thank you.

I did laugh when she said twice during the last show,she is a designer after apparently getting a message saying she was not a designer.
All said in very jovial manner with a smile from her,then minutes later she says I sit down with the team and choose the colours etc it’s hard work being a designer 🤭

I personally don't like any of her "collections" . Imo they are overpriced, cheap looking boring with absolutely no personality! And as for that hideous Argyll cardigan 50% poly/viscose for £55 plus p and p!!!!! She has 233 items currently on the website, I don't for a minute believe she designed all of them. Rant over😂

Ruth Langsford, as a woman, appears to have a certain amount of class, but when she is photographed modeling her too tight jeans and her too tight plastic jacket, she looks cheap. No other word for it.
I agree a couple of years maybe three ago, I bought one of her tops and it has the little three inch zip behind the neck. It is the only top of hers I bought and later bought a blouse, they are still as good as new but I honestly wouldn’t buy anything else for the reasons you say. I do wonder who she and others take their advice from, however.

I did laugh when she said twice during the last show,she is a designer after apparently getting a message saying she was not a designer.
All said in very jovial manner with a smile from her,then minutes later she says I sit down with the team and choose the colours etc it’s hard work being a designer 🤭
LoL it sure is but a designer designs and tells his/her team “this is what I trained years for, and this is what you must do with my design” or similar words. You don’t qualify as a designer without first learning at art college, working with a fashion house and then setting up your own couture business, or being part of a well known designer’s business. Who dies she think she is, my goodness you don’t qualify as a designer by virtue of being on that awful Loose Women how many more will become “designers”, it’s too laughable for words.

The thing is this - You cannot buy "style" you can curate a collection of trendy, "edgy", bold coloured clothes but they're not gonna make you look stylish if you haven't got it, and imo it's a rare thing. I can only describe Ruth's look as "fashion by numbers" which results in her looking like a showroom dummy. Style is effortless and not to be confused with a person's "go to" look. We all know people who dress a certain way and have done since the year dot. It's all about those people who just seem to have the knack of throwing any outfit together and looking fabulous.
Occassion wear I'd class differently, it can make anyone look stunning. I can remember back in my distant days of the office Christmas dinner/dance and one particular lady who lets say dressed for comfort turned up in an fitted evening gown, the heels, the jewellery, the full make up and we didn't actually recognise her for a good few minutes - she looked amazing!
The biggest problem about Ruth's clothes for me is the bliddy price. The only time they're realistic is when they reach clearance and even then I consider them overpriced. She won't change the formula when people are so eager to buy. I've noticed that when she brings something new to the collection she'll limit the colours to about 3 to test the water, the fans will buy so we can expect the barbie jacket to be available in silver, gold, lime green and sky blue pink with yellow spots!:sick:
Men who wear miliary uniform or black tie usually look extremely handsome even if, in their everyday wear, they are totally blah. (This comment follows yours about women in occasion wear.)

Agreed! I suspect she had a chat behind the scenes with other Q brands/ their leather suppliers / designers and bunged the same premium markup on her 'designer' gear . She's not daft

A lot of her jumpers/ tops/ T-shirts have wide gaping necklines, of which I’m not a fan. If you are small and slim,with narrow shoulders, that can make you look like a tortoise poking his head out from his shell.
I'm slim and tall with fairly wide shoulders and I don’t like myself in wide necklines. They seem to get wider and baggier the more you wear them.

I personally don't like any of her "collections" . Imo they are overpriced, cheap looking boring with absolutely no personality! And as for that hideous Argyll cardigan 50% poly/viscose for £55 plus p and p!!!!! She has 233 items currently on the website, I don't for a minute believe she designed all of them. Rant over😂
100% agree

Ruth's as much a designer as Danni Minogue is but at least Ruth's clothes look as if she might have had some input into their manufacture. Danni's look like they've come off the reduced rail in New Look.

I did once order one of Ruth's dresses but when it arrived it looked cheap and nasty (it was about £60) and the waist was in the wrong place on me so back it went. Never ordered again as I always think the range is for bigger/taller people.

CC

Latest posts

Back