NOWS!!! OPI ones that is ….

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

A Brummie one — where you would say ‘anyway’ we say ‘any road up’ or ‘any road’ ( anyone old enough to remember Beryl Read as ‘Marlene’?) Although I must admit I don’t hear it as much nowadays

People from Liverpool say "erm" a lot and at my old secondary school we all said "he/she were a gait" which was a sort of way of saying he was doing this/that/anything. Nowadays young people can't speak a sentence without having the word "like" in it about 20 times.

CC

A wide vocabulary is something Ophelia lacks. She could work on it. She could improve.
The way she constructs her sentences is clumsy at best. Then she will add words to a sentence that is poor grammar and feel/look quite smug.

A couple of days ago I had the misfortune to hear her saying (of fragrance) that it was enveloping her. She pronounced this in the paper stationary way. She makes Mrs Malaprop look good.
I heard that as well and, unfortunately, because they keep using a replay of that, I keep hearing it. I’m surprised that Alexis didn’t correct her or say “You are correct. The fragrance does ENVELOP you.”

If I do have QVC on, I now mute the sound when Ophelia is the presenter. The constant use of “now” was starting to grate on me, never mind anything else.

Latest posts

Back