Nutri Ninja Blender with Auto IQ TSV 19/10/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

But there are so many weird things.

They may be trying to start up a new business from home (I knew someone who started one in his garage) but this house didn't even have one lol.

Or the address on their website may be just a random false address.

Or perhaps they bought up Q's unsold stock?

But there are so many weird things.

They may be trying to start up a new business from home (I knew someone who started one in his garage) but this house didn't even have one lol.

Or the address on their website may be just a random false address.

Or perhaps they bought up Q's unsold stock?

The trouble is there aren't any reviews about this site nor any online 'buzz'. But they may just be very new.

You could always call their local Trading Standards office (normally details are on the local council website) - they will tell you if there have been any other concerns raised about the company.

Do they take PayPal? They normally do extensive checks because of their fraud guarantee so I tend to use that instead of credit cards if I'm unfamiliar with the site.

Take some screen grabs for future reference just in case the details change.

I've visited large importers before who live in apartments - they just ship from storage (or supplier) direct to the customer... so an address isn't always an indicator as it may just be the registered office of the company and not a trading address.

Here is the photo of the address, taken from PC screen with iPad. Click to enlarge.

Also, my order number was 57, yes, just 57.

image.jpgimage.jpg

It's come up twice.

I just rang the credit card for the 2nd time, but this time I recorded it and asked them to make a note of my call.

The payment has not gone through yet, it is "pending". Apparently it can take a day or more to go through, although I don't understand this.

Even though it was still only pending, I could not cancel it, another surprise.

They couldn't tell whether the payment had come from a secure site and was encrypted etc. It seemed to be all normal and genuine when I made the payment, but this can be scammed as well.

But they assured me that I would be refunded if the goods did not arrive. At least I have this assurance on tape now, so not much need to worry.

Heard about another scam on the radio recently. Solicitor's emails have been hacked. Solicitor sent a genuine email giving the account number to send money for a house purchase. Shortly after, another one was sent, looked genuine, apologising that solicitor had given the wrong numbers, and correcting tham. That was the scam. This person lost £77,000 and no one would take responsibility, neither Barclays who received the money, nor the solicitor, nor the Law Society. So she has lost all that money.

Did anyone see BBC1's Rip Off Britain in the last week where a man had bought a Nutribullet which turned out to be a dodgy (and dangerous) fake?

I think you'll be fine Strato (with your credit card company on board) but I think the site isn't very professional looking, and pinching another website's photo's doesn't inspire confidence that they actually have even a single unit "in stock". It only takes seconds to take and upload a picture. It could well be a drop-shipper - just taking orders that are fulfilled by another company who has the stock in their possession. I'd be tempted to take delivery of the one from QVC and compare and contrast with the WIGIG site ninja....then Auntie might accidentally return the WIGIG on to QVC by mistake! Naughty Auntie!

If you're even considering #89 suggestion remember that they each have a serial number and QVC will check it, then you'll be done for theft and fraud when the one you receive from WIGIG will more than likely ok. If you're worried about it being fake, just ring or email Ninja direct and quote the serial number, they'll tell you if it's fake, if it is then threaten them with Trading Standards and they'll soon give you the money back.

I've just received an email, apologising for delayed reply (but was less tan 24 hours).

I then asked when it would be sent, got this reply -

Dear Alan

We only received your order yesterday. It will
be sent to the warehouse tommorow. The warehouse will be in touch later
tommorow via email regarding dispatch details

Regards, etc

So a bit reassuring, but still loads of anomalies on the website, all previously listed, but the strangest are the QVC photos and descriptions, including exclusive colours.

The trouble is that counterfeiting is highly sophisticated and organised crime groups are often involved - not suggesting that this is the case with Strato's website.

Clever counterfeiters will use a serial number that is copied from a legitimate item - yes, there'll be 1000s of them all with the same number but that won't matter unless a buyer gets more than one.

It's more likely that it's *just* a rip-off site set up to receive payments and then disappear. Any address can be shown on the site - it could have been picked at random and be completely unrelated.

Only time will tell... hopefully Strato will be OK.

I've just received an email, apologising for delayed reply (but was less tan 24 hours).

I then asked when it would be sent, got this reply -

Dear Alan

We only received your order yesterday. It will
be sent to the warehouse tommorow. The warehouse will be in touch later
tommorow via email regarding dispatch details

Regards, etc

I'm assuming you copy and pasted this? Is it just me who thinks it should've been addressed to Mr ....... And spelt tomorrow correctly?!

The website includes the now defunct Comet as a comparable. Surely, if it was a fake business, it would not be stupid enough to use a company, which we all know no longer exists?

The site Strato ordered from is "anomalous" and definitely looks unprofessional, however there are plenty of honest e-sellers who can't spell; plenty of them on ebay. If it's a scam site it's unlikely the contact address is real. Even if a scammer isn't accomplished as a web designer they'd be a bit dim to post their home details; also just because a site appears to be based in the UK it might not be. Keep us posted Strato, at least other's will see your posts here if they're looking for reviews of that site and if it turns out to be perfectly ok, they'll help someone else make an informed choice. :mysmilie_59:

If it was me I would be less worried about not getting the goods/it being a fake but paranoid about them having my credit card details. If in doubt but want to take a chance use pay pal and immediately change your password.

If they wanted to clean out my CC they've had plenty of time to do it.

I can check my CC online, it all looks ok.

I'm fairly sure the payment was done through a secure, encrypted payment service.

I've got screenshots of everything except the payment page as I didn't want to keep that visible, but I'm fairly sure it was SagePay.

Just looked them up, they are ok, and I don't think they were "impersonated", in which case WIGIG won't have my card details.

LATEST UPDATE

I have not yet had an email from "Wigigs warehouse" (if it actually exists) to arrange my delivery, as was promised.

In the meantime, I have been tracking my QVC Ninja with Hermes for 2 days, and it was supposed to be delivered today.

I left a note on the front door saying that (1) I was in (2) Please ring the bell (3) I wanted to refuse delivery and have it returned to QVC.

He or she didn't ring the bell, and I continued to check the tracking, only to find that it had changed to:

"22/10/2015 10:14 Refused - No Longer Required"

I was a bit annoyed that I wasn't able to speak to him or her, but rang QVC to tell them what had happened.

In fact, they could see the above message on their system as well, so they will start to process my refund when they receive it back.

So if it doesn't turn up from Wigig then I won't have one at all!

Oh, and I've also emailed Ninja to find out if there are any counterfeits that they they know about.

I've also been enquiring with Ninja whether they are aware of any counterfeits.

So far, they have avoided answering, as you can see from the following emails. I wonder why?

(I've removed all the personalisation)

Subject: Nutri Ninja

Are you aware of any counterfeits of your blenders?

I have one on order online, how can I check if it is genuine?

Thank you for your email, which website have you bought the blender from?

I don't want to say this at the moment as it may be genuine, but certain aspects of the site are not quite right, and the price was very good.

But this doesn't affect the answer to my question, are there any counterfeits on the market?

Once you have received your Ninja if you could take a picture of the base with the ratings label on, then we will see if we would be able to tell you your answer to your question.

If you know that there ARE counterfeit models on the market then I will cancel my order and the payment for it.

I don't want the hassle of receiving it and then trying to do something about a counterfeit.

It is a 1000W Auto-IQ.

So I would still like to know if there ARE counterfeits available, and I am surprised that you haven't answered this question.

Latest posts

Back