Oh dear Craig,

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
I know many of you on here are fans of Craig, so look away now !!

I'm aware that he is gay, but honestly, I'm sure he's getting worse with his 'girly' antics on air. I watched cringefully when he was skipping about with Kim last night. I respect that a lot find his arm waving and hyper mannerisms reminiscent of a toddler quite 'fun', but to be honest I find them an irritation; and to a degree I think that Kim did too, he was shouted down by her a couple of times when she went into Item no. mode and he quickly shut up. Will is gay (although I've only just discovered this) and is always professional in his manner, and in this respect I find Craig quite toe-curling in his enthusiasm for beauty creams and all things feminine.

I would also say that equally, I get queezy at the way Charlie Brooks 'strokes' the fabric when he does a fashion hour.

I didn't see last night's show so I can't comment on that. I do find Craig's over-enthusiasm a bit annoying at times for example the silly voices but I'm not bothered by his enthusiasm for beauty products. I know I'm probably in the minority but I really don't mind Charlie except when he asks "How do WE wear this?" when presenting fashion as it sounds like he will actually wear the item.

I cannot watch fashion on Q but the fabric stroking which makes me really queasy is done by the Northern Nights woman. Ugh! When she starts caressing those pillows I switch channel.

I think Craig gets a bit over-excited at times, and also comes over as a bit needy, oh please like me, no love me! Join my Twitter group! Has his sexuality ever been mentioned on Q? Yankee Stephen often mentions his husband for instance.

I like Craig too. He's sometimes a little over-enthusiastic, but he's generally very professional and informative. I don't see anything wrong with anyone taking an interest in the products they are paid to sell, whether that's beauty products or fashion which do seem to be 2 of the biggest departments at QVC.

I'm not sure that anyone's sexuality has anything to do with what products they sell and how they sell them.

Men's grooming is one of the fastest growing sectors of the beauty industry, so it's no longer a female preserve. Craig, like the other male presenters would quickly get pulled up if he didn't put effort into his appearance. He may be the only one who is as open about enjoying beauty and grooming products, but you can be sure he's not alone in using them on and off air.

I don't mind Craig, either. He's less put-on affected than mecharlie or Julia.

I like Craig too. He's sometimes a little over-enthusiastic, but he's generally very professional and informative. I don't see anything wrong with anyone taking an interest in the products they are paid to sell, whether that's beauty products or fashion which do seem to be 2 of the biggest departments at QVC.

I'm not sure that anyone's sexuality has anything to do with what products they sell and how they sell them.

Men's grooming is one of the fastest growing sectors of the beauty industry, so it's no longer a female preserve. Craig, like the other male presenters would quickly get pulled up if he didn't put effort into his appearance. He may be the only one who is as open about enjoying beauty and grooming products, but you can be sure he's not alone in using them on and off air.

Er, I don't recall saying anything about his appearance actually (I do wish people would read the posts properly before passing comment); but you have your opinion and I have mine - hence the reasons for me starting this thread ! you like him, I'm not keen on the constant grinning hyena look - I even prefer Richard Jackson and Simon Biagi and that's saying something !

Er, I don't recall saying anything about his appearance actually (I do wish people would read the posts properly before passing comment); but you have your opinion and I have mine - hence the reasons for me starting this thread ! you like him, I'm not keen on the constant grinning hyena look - I even prefer Richard Jackson and Simon Biagi and that's saying something !

I did not say that you mentioned his appearance as far as I can see.

I don't mind Craig but he can be a bit simpering. He does go a bit OTT but mostly I think he's quite professional. They all go overboard at times. Anyone hear Claire Sutton screeching her head off on the gardening show this morning - she ruined it for me squealing and hyperventilating over everything. Bring back Julian.

CC

She was funny though. I laughed when she said you could write something rude on your neighbour's patio with Wet & Forget!

I quite like Craig though l agree he can gat a bit over excited at times! I love him on the Yankee shows because he really loves the products and that shows.l would rather have him over Michal and Simon!

I think Craig is good in a way he lets the guests speak, I'd sooner watch him than childish Claire Sutton who constantly interrupts, unprofessional Chloe Everton indeed, simpering Chuntley who loves all things QVC sooooo much she would marry it if she could and of course the hard sell self promotion queen that is Debbie Flint, actually I find the majority irritating come to think of it, which is probably the reason why I don't watch much any more.

Didn't see the show. I'm not a fan, anyway but, in any of his shows I have watched, he does not behave in an overtly gay manner. Why should it matter, however, if he did?

I know many of you on here are fans of Craig, so look away now !!

I'm aware that he is gay, but honestly, I'm sure he's getting worse with his 'girly' antics on air. I watched cringefully when he was skipping about with Kim last night. I respect that a lot find his arm waving and hyper mannerisms reminiscent of a toddler quite 'fun', but to be honest I find them an irritation; and to a degree I think that Kim did too, he was shouted down by her a couple of times when she went into Item no. mode and he quickly shut up. Will is gay (although I've only just discovered this) and is always professional in his manner, and in this respect I find Craig quite toe-curling in his enthusiasm for beauty creams and all things feminine.

I would also say that equally, I get queezy at the way Charlie Brooks 'strokes' the fabric when he does a fashion hour.

I can't think of anything worse than Kim M and the cringeworthy smarmy little gnome... together for a full hour vying for attention....

I'm not keen on Craig's presentation style but he is immaculately groomed and has good dress sense, his own style, which I like to see in a man.

Compare and contrast with Simon B, he doesn't hit the mark for me but hey, he doesn't have to !

TBH I think all the presenters are ok. it's a difficult job with some crappy products, poor pricing, irritating guests and the p&p annoyance.

P.S. I don't mean it's a difficult job as in doctor, politician etc, more that you've to fill such a lot of time !

I think Craig is good in a way he lets the guests speak, I'd sooner watch him than childish Claire Sutton who constantly interrupts, unprofessional Chloe Everton indeed, simpering Chuntley who loves all things QVC sooooo much she would marry it if she could and of course the hard sell self promotion queen that is Debbie Flint, actually I find the majority irritating come to think of it, which is probably the reason why I don't watch much any more.

Same here. you have taken the words out of my mouth. Literally!

I definitely find Craig pretty annoying at times tbh but it's 100% to do with his over-enthusiasm and puppy-like personality! As for his appearance, he always looks very smart and well-groomed which is surely a plus in a presenter male or female! I've never heard him speak about a partner of either gender, though he does mention his little niece and folks, so I only 'know' he's gay from this forum. Not that it makes any difference either way!
Miceal also certainly looks after himself and never mentions an off-air family other than his mum so does that make him gay too? Or maybe they just both value their privacy....

My dad came round the other say when I had qvc on, which he enjoys mocking! Charlie was playing with a Charlie bear and my dad asked if he was gay. After telling him off for being so judgemental/homophobic (neither of which he is at all but will do anything to get a laugh...), I told him his gay dar was obviously malfunctioning! But then it makes presenters of all ages and genders sound like 5 year old girls!

Last edited:
I think you can tell looking at Charlie and his flirting with the female guests he's not gay, as for Miceal and Craig, it couldn't be any clearer if they had a neon sign and an arrow pointing to them saying "I'm gay!" above their head. Doesn't bother me either way to be honest, but Craig is more camp than Miceal.

Latest posts

Back