Oh dear Craig,

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Awww, I like watching Craig, much prefer him to some of the others who do go on a bit!! Never really thought about him being gay, but always had a hunch and it doesn't really matter anyway. His presentation on the box is usually funny and he seems fairly honest!:mysmilie_852:

Me too Glittergirl! At one time or another all the presenters get on my nerves but Craig just seems to love his job; he gets a tad over-excited sometimes but doesn't make me turn off.

I think we just need to differentiate between his sexual orientation and his personality.

Craig is a puppy-dog kind of guy that likes to please and gets super excited over the little things in life... That's his personality.

His sexual preferences don't need to be discussed - he never comments - so let's leave him some privacy.

Well 'puppy-dog' kind of guys drive me nuts and need to grow up - an excitable 40 something is almost as bad as a precocious 11 year old.

So, it's his personality you object to then? Why mention your perception of his sexual preferences - as it's not relevant?

If all of us went around moaning all the time then the world would be a depressing place - thank heavens for the puppy-dogs :mysmilie_7:.

At the moment simpering Chuntley and smug Alexa are sitting washing their hands looking (because I can't bear to listen) like 2 witches from Macbeth. ANYTHING would be better than that (well not SG or Marv)

I think we just need to differentiate between his sexual orientation and his personality.

Craig is a puppy-dog kind of guy that likes to please and gets super excited over the little things in life... That's his personality.

His sexual preferences don't need to be discussed - he never comments - so let's leave him some privacy.

There's nothing wrong with discussing someone's sexual preference, unless it's in a bigoted way of course, but otherwise it's no different to discussing someones heterosexuality, if they've got a partner or who they fancy. Gay people have fought for years to be open and honest about their sexuality, so why be private about it, there's nothing to be ashamed of.

Gawd some people would get you hanged for expressing an opinion - especially on here lately, talk about quick to jump.

I'm getting to not like this Forum much anymore, it used to fun, mickey taking and educational, but its all getting a wee bit too politically correct for me.

I think you can tell looking at Charlie and his flirting with the female guests he's not gay, as for Miceal and Craig, it couldn't be any clearer if they had a neon sign and an arrow pointing to them saying "I'm gay!" above their head. Doesn't bother me either way to be honest, but Craig is more camp than Miceal.

The point is confusing campness with sexuality... A camp man isn't necessarily gay by any means, that's a stereotype and there are tons of very macho gay men as well as effeminate straight ones. Which I think Charlie can be!
I don't agree you can tell that Charlie is straight, his mannerisms are quite in feminine

Gawd some people would get you hanged for expressing an opinion - especially on here lately, talk about quick to jump.

I'm getting to not like this Forum much anymore, it used to fun, mickey taking and educational, but its all getting a wee bit too politically correct for me.

Whilst I am no fan of the PC brigade either Brissles, especially in it's extreme format.. what"s the point of just having posts that are Mickey taking or even down right put downs? Surely for a genuine debate to happen there must be a place for the views of those who think it's going too far to bring sexuality into it? I wasn't going to contribute to this particular thread at all and my post is unrelated to my view of the OP at all. However I very much like this forum because of the variety of views expressed. The Mickey taking and the put downs of all things Q can be hilarious. But the opposing or balancing views are just as valid and I for one want to read them and heaven forbid... express them sometimes!

The point is confusing campness with sexuality... A camp man isn't necessarily gay by any means, that's a stereotype and there are tons of very macho gay men as well as effeminate straight ones. Which I think Charlie can be!
I don't agree you can tell that Charlie is straight, his mannerisms are quite in feminine

Charlie often refers to his partner Michelle and his children on air, so let's go by those points then that we know he's not gay, not that it would matter either way of course. I said Craig is more camp than Miceal, well, because he is. Miceal is gay and when he first started at QVC he did used to mention his partner, maybe he doesn't now because he hasn't got one, who cares?...........I need to clarify though that I don't give two shakes about a presenters sexuality or home life one bit in the slightest.

Whilst I am no fan of the PC brigade either Brissles, especially in it's extreme format.. what"s the point of just having posts that are Mickey taking or even down right put downs? Surely for a genuine debate to happen there must be a place for the views of those who think it's going too far to bring sexuality into it? I wasn't going to contribute to this particular thread at all and my post is unrelated to my view of the OP at all. However I very much like this forum because of the variety of views expressed. The Mickey taking and the put downs of all things Q can be hilarious. But the opposing or balancing views are just as valid and I for one want to read them and heaven forbid... express them sometimes!

I don't recall seeing any put downs and the "Mickey taking" I call tongue in cheek. If you can't talk about someone's "sexuality" then of course that would rule out people saying things like "ooooh isn't that guy off the Aurora shows voice sexy" or "ooh I really think Ralf Rossini is a silver fox" therefore comments like these, in that case, should not be said on this forum because they're sexual leading to of course expressing ones "sexuality". I myself think people need to lighten up and not take things so seriously and not over analyse every single comment.

I don't recall seeing any put downs and the "Mickey taking" I call tongue in cheek. If you can't talk about someone's "sexuality" then of course that would rule out people saying things like "ooooh isn't that guy off the Aurora shows voice sexy" or "ooh I really think Ralf Rossini is a silver fox" therefore comments like these, in that case, should not be said on this forum because they're sexual leading to of course expressing ones "sexuality". I myself think people need to lighten up and not take things so seriously and not over analyse every single comment.

My post used Brissles term "Mickey taking". The key word is "just". I was not saying folks should stop taking the Michael or put downs or being tongue in cheek. There's room for everyone though. My post was about the right of the contrary view to be expressed too... including the more politically correct views.

I know many of you on here are fans of Craig, so look away now !!

I'm aware that he is gay, but honestly, I'm sure he's getting worse with his 'girly' antics on air. I watched cringefully when he was skipping about with Kim last night. I respect that a lot find his arm waving and hyper mannerisms reminiscent of a toddler quite 'fun', but to be honest I find them an irritation; and to a degree I think that Kim did too, he was shouted down by her a couple of times when she went into Item no. mode and he quickly shut up. Will is gay (although I've only just discovered this) and is always professional in his manner, and in this respect I find Craig quite toe-curling in his enthusiasm for beauty creams and all things feminine.

I would also say that equally, I get queezy at the way Charlie Brooks 'strokes' the fabric when he does a fashion hour.

That, for those of you who've forgotten, was the opening post. What's homophobic about that? It's a criticism about the way a presenter acts on air, nothing more.

I like Craig (as I said earlier) but people here need to (a) lighten up, (b) stop being PC police and jumping on anything they would like to be offended by,

and (c) trust the moderators to delete posts that are really offensive, eg homophobic. I've said this before but here it is again.

If the PC brigade keep on trying to spoil threads by stifling freedom of speech, a very boring forum it will be indeed and this thread will end up being deleted like others recently.

Hang in there, brissles. We're not all PC fanatics waiting to jump on any little thing that we think might score a point or two.

I cannot watch fashion on Q but the fabric stroking which makes me really queasy is done by the Northern Nights woman. Ugh! When she starts caressing those pillows I switch channel.

I think Craig gets a bit over-excited at times, and also comes over as a bit needy, oh please like me, no love me! Join my Twitter group! Has his sexuality ever been mentioned on Q? Yankee Stephen often mentions his husband for instance.

Suzy Adams! I'd forgotten about her! Another guest I haven't seen in ages. I think it's just because I haven't tuned into QVC for a long time. I wonder what look she will be sporting next? My guess is it will be "Earth Mother with a wild side," you know, the sort of woman you see selling organic cookies at the boot fair! I bet her house is full of cotton and pillows etc! She makes me laugh!

Latest posts

Back