OPI

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The brown Debbie was wearing is something like "you don't know Jacques" and it's a fabulous neutral. Not sure I'll order as I have loads of colours but I might be tempted.

Call me old fasahioned but why this current craze for sludge grey nails?? :dull:

Call me old fasahioned but why this current craze for sludge grey nails?? :dull:

I know! It sounds weird but it's actually a really versatile colour. It goes with everything. You don't know Jacques is quite sludgy but it's brown rather than grey.

I really prefer the nudes and neutrals. Dulce de leche by OPI is my favourite and has been for a while now but I like brighter or darker colours on my toes.

If it's 'you don't know jacques', then my money is safe as I have this one already. I must admit to being a little disappointed as I'd really hoped for the lovely pastels in the new Pirates collection

Another one saying how boring. Why do they always have to have the pink polishes in these collections when the unusual colours are the ones in all the blogs.

Okay off to the bay to buy some of the new Essie African Resort. Fair Game metalic airforce blue.:happy:

have just checked the colour out as I am always looking for something new :blush: and what a great colour Donna. Might have to have a look if I "need" that one too. :blush:

The brown Debbie was wearing is something like "you don't know Jacques" and it's a fabulous neutral. Not sure I'll order as I have loads of colours but I might be tempted.

Could it be San Tan-Tonio from the Texas collection then perhaps? If so it's really nice (bought it a while ago).

Strange how AY has been wearing that pale shade from the PoC collection but its not in the TSV.

Greige as the grey/brown shade is known was first done by Chanel about 2 years ago. Then all the other brands caught on to it and did their own versions. I have a few Essie ones. Now I admit I only wear polish on my toe nails so love all the greens,blues,blacks,greiges and purples.

The real big colour this summer is yellow. Chanel have a yellow coming and the other brands have had them on and off for ages.

Has anyone ever tried Deborah Lippmann polishes? I bought Diamonds and Pearls a soft pearlessence(sp) with gold shimmer. Its great for putting over old colours to give a umph.

How would you day the essie polishes compare to the OPI Donna? I know there are rave reviews on the top coat:happy: like you I only put polish on the toes, so I like to experiment a bit not sure I could carry off yellow though :happy:

Strange how AY has been wearing that pale shade from the PoC collection but its not in the TSV.

Greige as the grey/brown shade is known was first done by Chanel about 2 years ago. Then all the other brands caught on to it and did their own versions. I have a few Essie ones. Now I admit I only wear polish on my toe nails so love all the greens,blues,blacks,greiges and purples.

The real big colour this summer is yellow. Chanel have a yellow coming and the other brands have had them on and off for ages.

Has anyone ever tried Deborah Lippmann polishes? I bought Diamonds and Pearls a soft pearlessence(sp) with gold shimmer. Its great for putting over old colours to give a umph.

I thought the one AY had on was the pale blue one from the Texas Collection called "I Vant To Be A-Lone Star".

Anyway the TSV contains the following

15ml Nail Envy (original)
15ml Guy meets Gal-veston (coral),
15ml Houston We have a Purple Lacquer (red-violet)
15ml You don't know Jacques Lacquer (taupe)
15ml Silver shatter coat
7.5ml Avoplex cuticle oil

Going to say we will get Nail Envy as usual( I don't use it so don't buy the TSVs. Not for a long time), two colours and the crackle plus no doubt avoplex.

I'm seriously hoping it does have Nail Envy and Avoplex in it as these are staple products for me and the TSV usually works out that you're paying for these plus one colour and then getting a couple of colours for free. Hope this is still the case. Would love it to have Pirates colours in plus silver shatter. No doubt though, because of QVC's older viewers, whether a sedate colour will be chucked in as well.

I'm seriously hoping it does have Nail Envy and Avoplex in it as these are staple products for me and the TSV usually works out that you're paying for these plus one colour and then getting a couple of colours for free. Hope this is still the case. Would love it to have Pirates colours in plus silver shatter. No doubt though, because of QVC's older viewers, whether a sedate colour will be chucked in as well.

There are photos up on what it is and there is Nail Envy but no Avoplex.

Ah right Sazza. I thought since everyone was going on about the PoC she must be wearing that pale colour.

I have seen the Texas Collection in real life and was not WOWed by it.

Another one saying how boring. Why do they always have to have the pink polishes in these collections when the unusual colours are the ones in all the blogs.

Okay off to the bay to buy some of the new Essie African Resort. Fair Game metalic airforce blue.:happy:

As I mentioned in my last post they always tend to play it safe with one or two colours for the older viewers.

TBH it may depend on the price for this one. I'd love the silver shatter and as said need some more Nail Envy but would have preferred a bottle of Avoplex. Guy Meets Galvaston is the only colour from the Texas collection that I really like and maybe it will be different to other corals I own because it's a jelly. The taupe and purple don't do anything for me, in fact I've tried Jacques on before and wasn't won over. I did own Essie Mink Muffs which was like this and it didn't suit my skin tone and likewise for any purple colour.

Having had a look at swatches online I'm gonna have to see these colours being applied before I decide and see what price they are of course. I got the Leighton Denny TSV in Feb for my birthday and the OPI Houston and Guy colours look very similar to Berry nice and Lollipop. Plus I'm not that bothered about YDKJ either. Looking on ebay the cheapest you could buy this kit for is £51.69. Decisions, decisions but I'm thinking I may pass.

I got a bottle of silver shatter and the PotC minis from the Bay - I want Nail Envy to work but doesn't see to do much for me and I have enough nail polish to last me for ages so I think the minis are the better choice in this case. Shame that the Texas minis don't have any of the colours I really like.

I got a bottle of silver shatter and the PotC minis from the Bay - I want Nail Envy to work but doesn't see to do much for me and I have enough nail polish to last me for ages so I think the minis are the better choice in this case. Shame that the Texas minis don't have any of the colours I really like.

Wasn't aware that there was a POTC mini set. Will have a look for this. After my last post I have had a look at swatches of YDKJ and it's not very different to Essie Mink Muffs which did not suit me at all. Think I will be bypassing this TSV after all.

Your post also made me reconsider my purchase of Nail Envy as well. May try without it for a while as my nails are strong enough and I'm pretty sure that using the Leighton Denny crystal file has helped their strength as well.

I went and had a look at the Texas collection instore, and none of it appealed to me.

With my Essie Fair Game from ebay US I ordered an old OPI colour(well collection from last year) Meet Me At Star Ferry for £2.40. So I got two full size polishes one not released here yet for £12.64 including shipping.

Latest posts

Back