Peony flars

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

amelia

Registered Shopper
Has anyone had the same problem as me with PEONY still water arrangements? The "still water" has gone all green and murky. Seriously it has! I have emailed Peony to ask for advice a couple of times but I wonder if they think this is a mickey take so I haven't received a reply.

I have Peony for years and never had a problem.
I've also visited the Ruckley Estate Shop - it's astonishing all those lifelike flowers , even my husband was impressed.
Why don't you ring them for advise.

i have some bloom faux flowers. very very good but i have had them at least 10 years and yes the still water turns like real murky water minus the smell..now i just buy the bouquets from peony with no water which does give the game away but hey!

My Peony acrylic water has a layer of dust on it and I've tried shifting it with hot water and suds, but no good. Does anyone have any tips?

My mum had a faux rose in "solid" water when the concept first appeared many years ago and she had it on her bathroom window and the gel or resin "water" turned yellow in the sunlight so maybe that's the reason? I'd ring or email QVC and see if they'll refund for them. Even outside their guarantee period (is it 6months?) if you mention how Julie always claims in her sales pitch that the flaars would last for years, and that you relied on this claim when you ordered. If you can attach a photo when you email Peony or QVC they might take notice.

My mum had a faux rose in "solid" water when the concept first appeared many years ago and she had it on her bathroom window and the gel or resin "water" turned yellow in the sunlight so maybe that's the reason? I'd ring or email QVC and see if they'll refund for them. Even outside their guarantee period (is it 6months?) if you mention how Julie always claims in her sales pitch that the flaars would last for years, and that you relied on this claim when you ordered. If you can attach a photo when you email Peony or QVC they might take notice.

Thanks - yes, photos are the answer me thinks. I'll email them straight to Peony!
Maybe they'll have the decency to answer third time lucky,

the water does go green eventually i dont think she should say it stays clear because it does not. does not bother me looks more realistic murky water lol

I have an arrangement in 'still water' and had no problems I'm afraid. I would contact Julie, she seems helpful and responsive.

My mum had a faux rose in "solid" water when the concept first appeared many years ago and she had it on her bathroom window and the gel or resin "water" turned yellow in the sunlight so maybe that's the reason?

I had some of the very small peony vases and trying to be 'clever'(!) I thought I'd add some of the reed diffuser fragrance and the sticks to try to get achieve a more lifelike and 'smelly' arrangement. I know there are warnings on the bottles not to splash it on paint etc and I can see why. The 'water' immediately went yellow as if it was burnt so they looked a right two-and-eight. And the scent didn't even waft along either. Oh well; live and learn. ;(

Ive got a few small arrangements with the still water and have had them since Peony first arrived on QVC (5 years ago?) and they're all still as clear as the day they arrived ........ at the moment anyway.

It may depend on the amount of daylight that reaches the fake water.

The thing that bugs me about these arrangements is the level of the 'water'.
If the stems are standing in just 1 inch of 'liquid' then they are obviously fake!
No one would have a lovely bunch of flowers standing in so little real water - they would be dead in a day.

I would only buy bouquets that i could put in opaque vases, or potted plants.
The flowers in clear vases just dont work for me.

Latest posts

Back