Perfumes & Peter Sherlock

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

i said £68 on air - i was surprised that the price had gone up. It was human error I guess. And i wouldn't be on here if I didn't mind criticism, I just feel I have the right to answer back if I think I can...

We appreciate you coming and taking the time. Please can you ask the watch buyer to come answer some of our concerns?

PJ

Sent from my Nokia 3210 using Snake.

Because they don't want hordes of people going onto the website and saving the money, when they can rip them off on the TV channel instead.

It's cynical business practices. Preying on the elderly and vulnerable and people without access to computers and the internet.

Peter... can't you get in some fragrances people have heard of?

Your trying to sell unknown perfumes and aftershaves at prices higher than those of leading brand names!

The Deal Channel seem to be matching if not undercutting the cheapest sellers of Calvin Klein and other men's aftershaves.

I've purchased a good few of the 'unknown' aftershaves from bid shopping, most recently the laurelle sphere, laurelle L, and then the JPD Maestro and Personal notes, and you know, sometimes I think the lesser known ones are much nicer, and makes you kind of more unique since its not going to be a fragrance that everyone has.

The problem with the unknown brands is that you're buying completely blindly, ok, the presenter might do a really good job of describing the smell, but that doesn't tell you a) whether you're going to like it b) whether the smell has any staying power on your skin, and c) or whether it's going to react with your skin and smell like cat's pee ( that can happen). Sadly they're not cheap enough to put down to experience if you don't like them (mainly due to the p&p). At least with the ones you've heard of, you can go into Debenhams or Boots..give em a little spritz, walk around for a while and decide whether they're worth having. Peter, I know you're trying to do your best, but could you procure some samples, even those little bits of paper impregnated with scent would be better than nothing, or do some kind of "try me" deals. Mind you, I guess if they're selling well, you wouldn't really need to, but it would be good. Thanks x

Peter... can't you get in some fragrances people have heard of?

Your trying to sell unknown perfumes and aftershaves at prices higher than those of leading brand names!

The Deal Channel seem to be matching if not undercutting the cheapest sellers of Calvin Klein and other men's aftershaves.

This is yet another Sit-up 'market stall' ploy.

They hype a totally unknown brand, usually made up by themselves, put up 'pretend' website to make it look 'legit'. Then they stick a high price up on it the fake website.

They then hype up the unknown crap to the hilt, sometimes employing the 10 minute monologue brainwash crap and voila!

It's quids in via the Del Boy School of Dodgy Marketing, where integrity, honest and value take a backseat.

delboy.jpg

This thread is perfectly within reason as it's based on a misleading sales pitch earlier this evening, if you can't deal with constructive criticism, then maybe you should refrain from turning your computer on.

Hark at you! Why was the previous thread closed then? There was a REASON. I shouldn't turn my PC on if I don't like "Constructive criticism", maybe you don't turn your TV on if you are going to not pick at everything.

Picking something as silly as a web check challenge which is perfectly reasonable.

Some presenters in my opinion, look clearly out of place when Sherlock takes over with sales ramblings - quantity left, number of callers on the line, phone number etc.

I haven't known any presenter who looks out of place with him. In fact, they look forward to being on with him. Also, being a presenter on the channel for 5 years, of course he is going to but in occasionally about quantity etc. And many people would still call him a presenter, so why on earth not?

Hark at you! Why was the previous thread closed then? There was a REASON. I shouldn't turn my PC on if I don't like "Constructive criticism", maybe you don't turn your TV on if you are going to not pick at everything.

Picking something as silly as a web check challenge which is perfectly reasonable.

Speed Auction comparing themselves against Harrods is what you call a joke... not 'perfectly reasonable'.

Why do you insist in near every thread on any Sit Up matter to defend them? Just because you visited their studio and met presenters doesn't mean you should wear rose tinted glasses.

I haven't known any presenter who looks out of place with him. In fact, they look forward to being on with him. Also, being a presenter on the channel for 5 years, of course he is going to but in occasionally about quantity etc. And many people would still call him a presenter, so why on earth not?

Mark Stewart looked like a loose screw when I saw them on air together recently....

Why do you insist in near every thread on any Sit Up matter to defend them? Just because you visited their studio and met presenters doesn't mean you should wear rose tinted glasses.

I don't stick up for them when I don't think they should. Peter is a great guy, and I will defend him, as some of the comments made have been quite vicious.

Please try and find the last 3 times I "defended" sit up. Yeah, not as often as you think, but matter like this I will defend presenters, as people make them out to be the bad ones, when half the time, they're not.

The problem with the unknown brands is that you're buying completely blindly, ok, the presenter might do a really good job of describing the smell, but that doesn't tell you a) whether you're going to like it b) whether the smell has any staying power on your skin, and c) or whether it's going to react with your skin and smell like cat's pee ( that can happen). Sadly they're not cheap enough to put down to experience if you don't like them (mainly due to the p&p). At least with the ones you've heard of, you can go into Debenhams or Boots..give em a little spritz, walk around for a while and decide whether they're worth having. Peter, I know you're trying to do your best, but could you procure some samples, even those little bits of paper impregnated with scent would be better than nothing, or do some kind of "try me" deals. Mind you, I guess if they're selling well, you wouldn't really need to, but it would be good. Thanks x

This is exactly what I said in post 20 Merry. OK I agree not everyone has their perfume blended for them as I did. But what I have said about cold selling perfume applies to us all

Latest posts

Back