Shocking Pressure Tactics From Peter Sherlock

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Surely you don't expect ANY company to defend an ASA complaint with "sorry. Our mistake. It won't happen again"? They have the right to offer an explanation as does every retailer. You might not agree with their explanation. Or more to the point, take issue with the fact they have dared have one. But thankfully this is the society we live in. A society where the accused have the right to defend themselves.

I have seen links from the ASA website with complaits upheld against bid with that exact attitude, sorry the presenter is live and makes mistakes won't do it again guv etc.

PJ

You're not making any sense Bingo. If, as you suggest, it was merely a mistake then surely they should just say so?

You don't have to defend yourself against a mistake. You just say 'we got it wrong', then the case could possibly be dealt with informally. I would accept their apology and agree to close the case. End of story.

But that hasn't happened in the past. Hopefully it will happen this time as, trust me, there is absolutely no ambiguity with this 'mistake'.

How do you know it wasn't a mistake? How can you possibly be THAT sure it was intentional? You can't. You are assuming. Guessing, predicting. You are making a statement you CAN'T possibly substantiate. Unless of course you where there when peterr Sherlock said outloud 'ha - I'm going to mislead them by saying this' as I doubt you where. Then you HAVE to accept it could be a mistake. I know mistakes Are not tolerated around here. But people do make them.

How do you know it wasn't a mistake? How can you possibly be THAT sure it was intentional? You can't. You are assuming. Guessing, predicting. You are making a statement you CAN'T possibly substantiate. Unless of course you where there when peterr Sherlock said outloud 'ha - I'm going to mislead them by saying this' as I doubt you where. Then you HAVE to accept it could be a mistake. I know mistakes Are not tolerated around here. But people do make them.

I thought I said if they put their hands up and said 'we got it wrong, it was a mistake' and just apologise I would be happy for the case to be dealt with informally and leave it at that, end of story? :confused2:

I think the best thing is to wait and see what Sit Up say, i'll let everyone know in due course. Until then we are merely playing Devils Advocate, which is pointless.

I thought I said if they put their hands up and said 'we got it wrong, it was a mistake' and just apologise I would be happy for the case to be dealt with informally and leave it at that, end of story? :confused2:

I think the best thing is to wait and see what Sit Up say, i'll let everyone know in due course. Until then we are merely playing Devils Advocate, which is pointless.

Very fair. I'm sure Peter Sherlock is a man of integrity.

Very fair. I'm sure Peter Sherlock is a man of integrity.

Thank you Bingo. I think if you haven't personally complained about Sit Up you might not understand where I was coming from, which is fair enough. I genuinely haven't complained many times but when I have it's because I have been totally confident in the concerns I have raised.

Sadly on all but one occasion they have tried to offer a defence which, to be frank, has been laughable and those complaints have been Upheld. Only once did they admit they made a mistake (Guy Kean said you cannot use a rooftop aerial for Freeview and instead you needed one such as the one he was selling). On that occasion I was happy to have that complaint resolved informally, and leave it at that.

But you only have to look through the most recent 31 Upheld complaints to see that some of their excuses beggar belief. Let's hope they just admit they were wrong, because wrong they most certainly were!

Pj

I have noticed you twice now ask were the bid defenders are

I would love to continue to comment but when your most vocal member of your gang will not read my comments it is even more pointless than before

Dont worry very soon you will have the forum just as you like it, oh you already have

Fwiw I did not see this incident if it was as reported then it is wrong and disgusting if you could pass that onto captain wirral

thanks

Have you forgotten the example of his selling used on the radio to highlight the 'situp hard sell'? This latest example hasn't surprised me at all.

Have you forgotten the example of his selling used on the radio to highlight the 'situp hard sell'? This latest example hasn't surprised me at all.

That wouldn't be when he was selling the 'Expose' top drawer false tan that's sold in Poundland would it? :giggle:

That wouldn't be when he was selling the 'Expose' top drawer false tan that's sold in Poundland would it? :giggle:

Now Wirral, would a nice man like P.Sherlock do a thing like that? he's our best friend don't you know:wink:

Now Wirral, would a nice man like P.Sherlock do a thing like that? he's our best friend don't you know:wink:

Oh I know Hillary, I feel blessed! Can you imagine what the listeners of Radio 4 made of that low key sale? :eek:

Mind you, the Radio 2 audience were treated to the dulcet tones of a certain Michael Mason.

Lucky them :giggle:

Pj

I have noticed you twice now ask were the bid defenders are

I would love to continue to comment but when your most vocal member of your gang will not read my comments it is even more pointless than before

Dont worry very soon you will have the forum just as you like it, oh you already have

Fwiw I did not see this incident if it was as reported then it is wrong and disgusting if you could pass that onto captain wirral

thanks

We are not a gang but a group of friends who love to shop and talk about it. If we were a gang we wouldn't ever disagree with one another but we do. Sometimes my friends don't agree with me and vise-versa. I don't know who you are referring to when you say the most vocal but unless you mean me I can't answer for them. We are not Borg and don't answer for each other.

The reason I keep asking what the bid defenders think is because a)they are quick enough to praise so they should be equally out when things go wrong. After all, I and other people who are more vocal about bid are the first to give praise when it is true b)I want to know an opposing view to mine so that if the argument is valid my mind can be changed as it has been in the past.

PJ

well done for those points PJ, we're not a 'gang', far from it in the way NTB means
we don't gang up on people, neither do we always agree with each other (it'd be a very dull forum if we did!!)
we're ready and prepared to give credit where it's due - and we do - I find NTB rarely contributes when we praise and congratulate
I feel NTB's comments are deliberately nasty to wind people up and pick a fight with us - I've noticed NTB also makes quite unpleasant personal comments about forum members, please don't do this NTB, we're not here to be insulted, we don't do it to you - if you've got valid and constructive arguments then bring it on! we'd welcome that
all we want is truth, transparency and fairness from all channels we watch but I've noticed NTB may not understand this
we're all friends on here NTB and you're very welcome but you won't gain friends by being rude and insulting
come and join us in a healthy discussion, we want your views and opinions but please could you do it without being nasty to people? :flower: :up:

I suppose Peter could have made a mistake, he seemed to make quite a few last week.

And he wasn't the only one :wink:

The warehouse is only next door to the studio and the presenters go and have a look all the time (James Russell and Peter Simon always made that claim so it's surely a mistake on Peter Simons behalf... maybe they were on that pallet on top of the shelves?).... and the Tanzanite mine is under the studio.... whilst Tommy Earnshaw's workshop is upstairs..

The warehouse is only next door to the studio and the presenters go and have a look all the time (James Russell and Peter Simon always made that claim so it's surely a mistake on Peter Simons behalf... maybe they were on that pallet on top of the shelves?).... and the Tanzanite mine is under the studio.... whilst Tommy Earnshaw's workshop is upstairs..

:grin:

Rosa Benini is in a broom cupboard with a needle and cotton, sewing scraps of leather together.

She can't half churn them out though.

correct no gang mentality on here at all deedee

post implying that i had made a story about a face cream about my dead Mother

Posts deleted for asking somebody if they need to watch a bit less bid

Suggesting a poster who has over 100 posts all slagging bid presenters of but wanting a job there it was not perhaps a great idea deleted

Personal comments made about presenters look, appearance or both aloud to stay on forum

Yep it is all fine

Anyway no problem from here on in will stay quiet and agree with the big kids makes life a lot easier

correct no gang mentality on here at all deedee

post implying that i had made a story about a face cream about my dead Mother
NTB, I actually read this post and that was not suggested by Wirral at all, I think that one was misread

Posts deleted for asking somebody if they need to watch a bit less bid
I don't know anything about this one so can't comment but my instinct would be to respond with surely people can watch as much Bid as they want? it may be a bit excessive to delete these posts unless they contained nasty comments

Suggesting a poster who has over 100 posts all slagging bid presenters of but wanting a job there it was not perhaps a great idea deleted
Yes, I must admit this one mystified me too NTB!!

Personal comments made about presenters look, appearance or both aloud to stay on forum
I agree that personal attacks on presenters appearance etc. is rude although sometimes the comments are tongue in cheek

Yep it is all fine

Anyway no problem from here on in will stay quiet and agree with the big kids makes life a lot easier
you don't need to stay quiet, we welcome your input and you can discuss, argue and debate to your heart's content but, and I hope you don't mind me being honest, there are times when some of your posts are nasty, it's that we don't like not a difference of opinion, if you've got something to discuss then bring it on!

the warehouse is only next door to the studio and the presenters go and have a look all the time (james russell and peter simon always made that claim so it's surely a mistake on peter simons behalf... Maybe they were on that pallet on top of the shelves?).... And the tanzanite mine is under the studio.... Whilst tommy earnshaw's workshop is upstairs..

no its not!

Latest posts

Back