Will Peter Sherlock Give It A Rest?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Found it! I didn't realise but on the description of the video I found the manufacturer of these perfumes is listed...

They are from a company called CFFC Fragrances which have offices in China and Paris.

http://www.cffc-paris.com/

and I quote directly from the video description...

So sod all to do with 'Palace of Versailles'.

http://www.cffc-paris.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=34&product_id=98

398 Japanese Yen equates to £2.50.

I initially thought the price was in Yen but I think it actually relates to Chinese Yuan so it's around £40. I wouldn't take any notice of the price anyway, much like you wouldn't with Laurelle and Skin Pharmacy!

Their website also states they are also the authorized licensed developer and distributors of “Chateau de Versailles” perfumes but of course that's not what is being questioned.

The search for where it's sold goes on...................:Laugh:

Last edited:
I initially thought the price was in Yen but it actually relates to Chinese Yuan so it's around £40. I wouldn't take any notice of the price anyway, much like you wouldn't with Laurelle and Skin Pharmacy!

:grin: I'd imagine the base cost wouldn't be far off £2.50 anyway...

Imagine they are made in China though with the cheaper labour costs etc.

:grin: I'd imagine the base cost wouldn't be far off £2.50 anyway...

Imagine they are made in China though with the cheaper labour costs etc.

Indeed Paul and it goes back to the very reason I became interested in this.

If the fragrance is so exclusive then why on earth (according to Peter Sherlock) the only place in the world that you can buy it outside of French Palaces is Bid TV?

That just dosen't make sense.

Last edited:
Indeed Paul and it goes back to the very reason I became interested in this.

If the fragrance is so exclusive then why on earth (according to Peter Sherlock) the only place in the world that you can buy it outside of French Palaces is Bid TV?

That just dosen't make sense.

Hi Wirral, if you where just watching, Pete responded to your question mentioned your name and question on tv "in the boutique bodoir just inside the entrance"

:)

Hi Wirral, if you where just watching, Pete responded to your question mentioned your name and question on tv "in the boutique bodoir just inside the entrance"

:)

That's something similar to what James Russell said (I think he said DuBois) but I cannot find it.

I wonder if they are referring to a Hotel Shop? Hopefully Peter will come on here again and tell us exactly where!

Has anyone asked the ASA to look into this confusing mess? I mean, btw the way, not the product but the way posters have had to do their own investigating and are still not clear.

Has anyone asked the ASA to look into this confusing mess? I mean, btw the way, not the product but the way posters have had to do their own investigating and are still not clear.

I was just interested where it was on sale at Versaille, James mentioned something and I believe Peter also said on air where it's sold but personally I am still unable to find it.

Hopefully he'll kindly come on here and provide the name of the boutique, it could be Boutique Du Bois but I don't think anyone is exactly clear what Peter & James said.

Last edited:
I was just interested where it was on sale at Versaille, James mentioned something and I believe Peter also said on air where it's sold but personally I am still unable to find it.

Hopefully he'll kindly come on here and provide the name of the boutique, it could be Boutique Du Bois but I don't think anyone is exactly clear what Peter & James said.

Since when did BID have to start answering to YOU and this Forum? i appreciate when you spend so much time dedicated to a cause and living on a forum creating a persona of authority you must start believing it all. but you must try and remember you are just a forum member with an opinion, and as much as everyone likes to think their opinion is correct and right. it is only correct and right to YOU and those who choose to agree. :Laugh:

Since when did BID have to start answering to YOU and this Forum? i appreciate when you spend so much time dedicated to a cause and living on a forum creating a persona of authority you must start believing it all. but you must try and remember you are just a forum member with an opinion, and as much as everyone likes to think their opinion is correct and right. it is only correct and right to YOU and those who choose to agree. :Laugh:
I'm afraid I do not understand what you are trying to say in this post.

Retailers have a duty to provide proof of whatever they have used in a description to sell the consumer an item if requested, it comes under The Trade Descriptions Act.
Its like the fair trade products in shops, they have to have proof to supply to customers if requested as people mostly buy the product because of how & where it was sourced.... the actual quality of the item isn't even its main selling point.

Last edited:
Retailers have a duty to provide proof of whatever they have used in a description to sell the consumer an item if requested, it comes under The Trade Descriptions Act.
Its like the fair trade products in shops, they have to have proof to supply to customers if requested as people mostly buy the product because of how & where it was sourced.... the actual quality of the item isn't even its main selling point.

really? can you prove that with more than a vague reference?

Has anyone had any success in finding these elusive fragrances on sale in an outlet connected to The Palace of Versaille?

I have tried searching for every possible combination of the name place (it sounded like Boutique DuBois) Peter Sherlock and James Russell mentioned but still cannot find a trace of it?

Has anyone had any success in finding these elusive fragrances on sale in an outlet connected to The Palace of Versaille?

I have tried searching for every possible combination of the name place (it sounded like Boutique DuBois) Peter Sherlock and James Russell mentioned but still cannot find a trace of it?

Maybe. Juuuuuuuust maybe there is a world that exists outside the reach of google???
Maybe juuuuuuuuust maybe there is the possibility that not every small French business has an online presence??

I've tried googling Boutique Du Bois and every conceivable variation thereof with no result.
As discussed previously the Boutique at the Palace does exist but there is no evidence that it stocks these perfumes.
I have noticed that the Bid presenters have backed down from their original ridiculous claim 'sold exclusively in French Palaces' to the highly qualified and guarded 'it is available at the Palace of Versailles I believe at the Boutique 'Du Bois?????????' near the entrance'.
The half hearted explanations offered here and on the box are insubstantial and unsatisfactory.

I've tried googling Boutique Du Bois and every conceivable variation thereof with no result.
As discussed previously the Boutique at the Palace does exist but there is no evidence that it stocks these perfumes.
I have noticed that the Bid presenters have backed down from their original ridiculous claim 'sold exclusively in French Palaces' to the highly qualified and guarded 'it is available at the Palace of Versailles I believe at the Boutique 'Du Bois?????????' near the entrance'.
The half hearted explanations offered here and on the box are insubstantial and unsatisfactory.

Well Aqua I have done a bit more than search google and I genuinely cannot find any trace.

In the absence of any tangible evidence it's probably time to let someone with far better resources than us to look into the matter and resolve it one way or another.

Well Aqua I have done a bit more than search google and I genuinely cannot find any trace.

In the absence of any tangible evidence it's probably time to let someone with far better resources than us to look into the matter and resolve it one way or another.

Maybe we should ask CFFC Fragrances directly and if they provide to any other chains other than Sit-up.

It does however say a lot with the silence of Peter Sherlock..... I'm not jumping to conclusions of course!!

Maybe we should ask CFFC Fragrances directly and if they provide to any other chains other than Sit-up.

It does however say a lot with the silence of Peter Sherlock..... I'm not jumping to conclusions of course!!

Same here Paul but we seem to have hit a brick wall, the on air sales pitches have certainly changed since this thread started so make of that what you will. Personally I wouldn't bother with CFFC and certainly not the ASA as it isn't really a complaint.

But there's a journo called Andrew Penman of the Mirror newspaper who seems pretty interested in all things Sit-Up, maybe with his resources he can find the answer.

Something dosen't seem quite right though.

Same here Paul but we seem to have hit a brick wall, the on air sales pitches have certainly changed since this thread started so make of that what you will. Personally I wouldn't bother with CFFC and certainly not the ASA as it isn't really a complaint.

But there's a journo called Andrew Penman of the Mirror newspaper who seems pretty interested in all things Sit-Up, maybe with his resources he can find the answer.

Something dosen't seem quite right though.

I rang my family in France last week(they have lived there for some time and the kiddies are more French than their English mum.) So far they have had no luck finding it either. Even the perfume buyers they have spoken to are saying the French equivalent of 'Eh?'

Latest posts

Back