Shocking Pressure Tactics From Peter Sherlock

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

correct no gang mentality on here at all deedee

post implying that i had made a story about a face cream about my dead Mother

Posts deleted for asking somebody if they need to watch a bit less bid

Suggesting a poster who has over 100 posts all slagging bid presenters of but wanting a job there it was not perhaps a great idea deleted

Personal comments made about presenters look, appearance or both aloud to stay on forum

Yep it is all fine

Anyway no problem from here on in will stay quiet and agree with the big kids makes life a lot easier

Dont leave me on here by myself!. deep breath. straighten back. grit teeth. onwards dear boy - onwards..

correct no gang mentality on here at all deedee

post implying that i had made a story about a face cream about my dead Mother

Posts deleted for asking somebody if they need to watch a bit less bid

Suggesting a poster who has over 100 posts all slagging bid presenters of but wanting a job there it was not perhaps a great idea deleted

Personal comments made about presenters look, appearance or both aloud to stay on forum

Yep it is all fine

Anyway no problem from here on in will stay quiet and agree with the big kids makes life a lot easier

I used to be a moderator for Lycos Chat and was in charge once with thousands of chatter so I know how hard it is to get moderating right. I am sure Graham and Sazza would be the first to admit that being human they make mistakes but I think 99.9% they get it spot on but if you are not happy talk to them. They are approachable and lovely with it.

I agree with you totally making fun of anyone's looks is wrong. I have been guilty of this myself and like all my mistakes I put my hands up and say sorry.

I hope you keep posting. Like Keep saying I don't just like debating I like having my mind changed so please stay and keep doing what you do :)

I think people are suspicious because in the past people have names like yours but mean the opposite like nothingtodowithbid etc but that shouldn't mean we treat everyone like that because of other bad eggs. Hope you have a good Sunday NTB

PJ

I have read some of this thread but not all as its a bit long, I just wanted to add a point here about this alleged technique of Peter, now from what ma led to believe from watching the channels in the past, Peter Sherlock is part of the buying team for the channels.

Now correct me if am wrong but the buying team is supposed to know who their suppliers are, what they are supplying, for what price and in what quantities and therefore know how much stock they have available to sell on their channels, as such how can anyone involved with this not know what stock quantities are available and how much of the stock they will be selling each day, how many roughly is allocated to each channel/presenter so they can meet demand with the supply they have!

If any retail business, high street, online or on shopping tv is unable to do this then surely they don't have a good working business model and should therefore cease trading!

I have read some of this thread but not all as its a bit long, I just wanted to add a point here about this alleged technique of Peter, now from what ma led to believe from watching the channels in the past, Peter Sherlock is part of the buying team for the channels.

Now correct me if am wrong but the buying team is supposed to know who their suppliers are, what they are supplying, for what price and in what quantities and therefore know how much stock they have available to sell on their channels, as such how can anyone involved with this not know what stock quantities are available and how much of the stock they will be selling each day, how many roughly is allocated to each channel/presenter so they can meet demand with the supply they have!

If any retail business, high street, online or on shopping tv is unable to do this then surely they don't have a good working business model and should therefore cease trading!

Quite!

Peter is now selling Skin Pharmacy nano Perfecting Moisturiser (50ml).

He said, quote:- 'Skin Pharmacy? it's ridiculously expensive stuff when you buy it from their own website and i'm sorry to say that. People do, it's a real website, it's a real e-commerce site and people go there. How much is it on their website? it's something ludicrous , it's over £100, have a look'.

Well Peter, I agree it's over £100, in fact it costs £115. But have a look at their site, it dosen't even tell you how many ml's it contains. And when you click on the 'about us' section of the site it has nothing whatsoever as the page dosen't exist, the site is beyond unprofessional.

But really Peter, are you honestly expecting us to believe that the prices on that site are a true reflection of it's value? If it is how on earth do you sell the same product for £19.99, that's almost SIX TIMES less than they supposedly charge.

The time has come for this selling practice to be looked at.

http://www.skinpharmacy.tv/skincare/nano-perfect.html

http://www.skinpharmacy.tv/skincare/about-skin-pharmacy

Quite!

Peter is now selling Skin Pharmacy nano Perfecting Moisturiser (50ml).

He said, quote:- 'Skin Pharmacy? it's ridiculously expensive stuff when you buy it from their own website and i'm sorry to say that. People do, it's a real website, it's a real e-commerce site and people go there. How much is it on their website? it's something ludicrous , it's over £100, have a look'.

Well Peter, I agree it's over £100, in fact it costs £115. But have a look at their site, it dosen't even tell you how many ml's it contains. And when you click on the 'about us' section of the site it has nothing whatsoever as the page dosen't exist, the site is beyond unprofessional.

But really Peter, are you honestly expecting us to believe that the prices on that site are a true reflection of it's value? If it is how on earth do you sell the same product for £19.99, that's almost SIX TIMES less than they supposedly charge.

The time has come for this selling practice to be looked at.

http://www.skinpharmacy.tv/skincare/nano-perfect.html

http://www.skinpharmacy.tv/skincare/about-skin-pharmacy

Duplicate post.

Last edited:
Here is a quote from Peter Sherlock on this forum dated 30/7/2012;

' The website that it is sold on, apart from ours is a valid one that you can buy from - the only reason that it's nowhere else is that we managed to secure an exclusive with them! '

This is tantamount to an admission that the so-called Skin Pharmacy website exists purely to suggest a bogus and inflated impression of the value of the products.

And BidTv wonder why they are the subject of an Ofcom investigation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is a quote from Peter Sherlock on this forum dated 30/7/2012;

' The website that it is sold on, apart from ours is a valid one that you can buy from - the only reason that it's nowhere else is that we managed to secure an exclusive with them! '

This is tantamount to an admission that the so-called Skin Pharmacy website exists purely to suggest a bogus and inflated impression of the value of the products.

And BidTv wonder why they are the subject of an Ofcom investigation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All I can say Aqua is that I honestly do not know of any Bona Fide companies who retail their own products direct but charge almost 600% more than a middleman. I accept channels like QVC can buy in bulk and undercut very well known and highly respected brands like Decleor and Gatineau but by almost 600%? I don't think so.

I think it at least needs looking at but maybe by Trading Standards rather than ASA. There appears to be, at best, an anomaly here.

Last edited:
Is there a website that provides details of who a website belongs too? I think I recall one. It would be interesting to see who actually owns the SkinPharmacy website.

He is selling Black Sexxy Shoo for £11.99 then £9.99 and he pulls his shocked face and claims he has never seen it go for £20 delivered. Well it has. I know he has been away so he must have missed the DOTD just the other day when it went for £7.99, they sold hundreds of them.

I'm surprised he didn't mention how much Laurelle charge for it on their own website.

Last edited:
He is selling Black Sexxy Shoo for £11.99 then £9.99 and he pulls his shocked face and claims he has never seen it go for £20 delivered. Well it has. I know he has been away so he must have missed the DOTD just the other day when it went for £7.99, they sold hundreds of them.

I'm surprised he didn't mention how much Laurelle charge for it on their own website.

Caroline sold the black shoe yesterday for £11.99 then it went to £9.99 and she wasn't expecting another drop in price :eek:

Funny cos I kinda was, considering the clock hadn't started. I know there isn't always a drop before the clock starts but there is the majority of the time. Plus, she has the advantage of an earpiece, which sodding tells her!

Caroline sold the black shoe yesterday for £11.99 then it went to £9.99 and she wasn't expecting another drop in price :eek:

Funny cos I kinda was, considering the clock hadn't started. I know there isn't always a drop before the clock starts but there is the majority of the time. Plus, she has the advantage of an earpiece, which sodding tells her!

Oh I have seen it sold for £10-£12 many times Momma, they are full of it, last week he said had never seen Red Sexxy Shoo go for £5.99 when he sold it for £5.99 the previous day!!! I guess it's small fry compared to this Skin Pharmacy shenanigans though.

I can smell a rat, a big rat. Do you know of any manufacturers/wholesalers who sell their own products direct, but for around 6 times more than their retailers? I don't, apart from Laurelle and Skin Pharmacy.

Anyone might be forgiven for thinking their prices are made to look deliberately steep to assist their retailers, 6 times as steep :headbang:

Last edited:
Oh I have seen it sold for £10-£12 many times Momma, they are full of it, last week he said had never seen Red Sexxy Shoo go for £5.99 when he sold it for £5.99 the previous day!!! I guess it's small fry compared to this Skin Pharmacy shenanigans though.

I can smell a rat, a big rat. Do you know of any manufacturers/wholesalers who sell their own products direct, but for around 6 times more than their retailers? I don't, apart from Laurelle and Skin Pharmacy.

Anyone might be forgiven for thinking their prices are made to look deliberately steep to assist their retailers, 6 times as steep :headbang:

They must be laughing their butts off when they say they have never seen that price before when they sold it the day before for the same price. I can understand it if it was the previous day but not the previous day. No excuse at all. Even if the presenter forgot it must flash up on a computer in the gallery.

PJ

Now Peter Simon is giving the Skin Pharmacy 'check the website prices' spiel when selling some more Snake Serum with the other Peter. In Peter Sherlock's defence he didn't refer to their website, this time!

But this sale was the bargain of them all. Snake Serum costs £135 on their website but Bid sold it for £29.99 so £105.01 cheaper.

Just how do they do it? I want to know, In fact I REALLY want to know :wink:

Last edited:
Now Peter Simon is giving the Skin Pharmacy 'check the website prices' spiel when selling some more Snake Serum with the other Peter. In Peter Sherlock's defence he didn't refer to their website, this time!

But this sale was the bargain of them all. Snake Serum costs £135 on their website but Bid sold it for £29.99 so £105.01 cheaper.

Just how do they do it? I want to know, In fact I REALLY want to know :wink:

Me too Wirral. I notice DP did most of the talking, PS nodding all the way :wink:

Me too Wirral. I notice DP did most of the talking, PS nodding all the way :wink:

Let's face it, Mr Sherlock has said PLENTY about this 'brand' in the past.

£105.01 cheaper my ar............:headbang:

Don't worry Momma, I think we'll get some more details about Skin Pharmacy in due course!

Yes, Aquaswiss watches-$1600 on their website, £200 anywhere else.
Another brand sold by BidTv with the invitation to 'check the prices on their own website.'
Same cheap website template as Laurelle and Skin Pharmacy.
The exact same price matching scam in fact.
Sit Up should be nervous.

Latest posts

Back