Will Peter Sherlock Give It A Rest?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I rang my family in France last week(they have lived there for some time and the kiddies are more French than their English mum.) So far they have had no luck finding it either. Even the perfume buyers they have spoken to are saying the French equivalent of 'Eh?'

This is becoming like the Scarlet Pimpernel :Laugh:

This is becoming like the Scarlet Pimpernel :Laugh:

Let's face it, we don't even need Roger Cook to investigate this one. It's a cheap fragrance with some BS story behind it to jazz it up a little to sound DELICIOUS to the buyer.

I wish someone inside Sit-up would write a book on the shenanigans that goes on behind the scenes (I'd buy two copies!)

Let's face it, we don't even need Roger Cook to investigate this one. It's a cheap fragrance with some BS story behind it to jazz it up a little to sound DELICIOUS to the buyer.

I wish someone inside Sit-up would write a book on the shenanigans that goes on behind the scenes (I'd buy two copies!)

Wherever it's supposedly sold one thing is for sure, it's another cheap stink and no mistake.

No wonder Bid are 'the only place in the world that sell it outside of French Palaces' (Shocked Face Sherlock's words, not mine).

Mind you, even that had been proven to be untrue!

It's disgusting tbh and when I get back from town i shall be complaining to the ASA to see if they can investigate this.
To the person asking 'who bid have to answer to', yes, I'm afraid if you go on television and sell something, by saying it does something/comes from somewhere/is authorised by someone then you have to be able to prove it. If not, perhaps I can interest that same person in my new 'holy water' actually endorsed by GOD HIMSELF, poured forth from the golden unicorn, now only £400 a bottle?
I really like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but after the OPI discontinued range turning up on Bid with some story or other I refuse to believe anything now. It's funny, I was once made aware that with shopping telly, we all know about one area of life, mine is PC tech, so when presenters on any channel try and sell something techy, I know pretty much whether its glossed up or really true/relevant, but remember, while I may not know about garden hedgers and am sitting here believing everything I'm being told, someone else out there is doing the equivalent of me when they try and say "2gb of RAM is soooo top spec nowadays" hehe :)

It's disgusting tbh and when I get back from town i shall be complaining to the ASA to see if they can investigate this.
To the person asking 'who bid have to answer to', yes, I'm afraid if you go on television and sell something, by saying it does something/comes from somewhere/is authorised by someone then you have to be able to prove it. If not, perhaps I can interest that same person in my new 'holy water' actually endorsed by GOD HIMSELF, poured forth from the golden unicorn, now only £400 a bottle?
I really like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but after the OPI discontinued range turning up on Bid with some story or other I refuse to believe anything now. It's funny, I was once made aware that with shopping telly, we all know about one area of life, mine is PC tech, so when presenters on any channel try and sell something techy, I know pretty much whether its glossed up or really true/relevant, but remember, while I may not know about garden hedgers and am sitting here believing everything I'm being told, someone else out there is doing the equivalent of me when they try and say "2gb of RAM is soooo top spec nowadays" hehe :)

Personally I still think it will be sold somewhere at or near Versaille but actually where is beyond me. However, their implication that it is sold by Versaille themselves is looking unlikely. Perhaps it could be sold in a Hotel or maybe a concession?

But one thing is absolutely clear, this is a cheap fragrance much in the same vein as Prestige, JPD and Laurelle. Nicely packaged, cleverly marketed and with a story associated with it but a very low end product all the same.

Since when did BID have to start answering to YOU and this Forum? i appreciate when you spend so much time dedicated to a cause and living on a forum creating a persona of authority you must start believing it all. but you must try and remember you are just a forum member with an opinion, and as much as everyone likes to think their opinion is correct and right. it is only correct and right to YOU and those who choose to agree. :Laugh:

The thing is, Peter Sherlock could explain it on this very forum.
He has a ShoppingTelly account and he's posted here before.

That said, it doesn't surprise me why he doesn't bother anymore. Last time he was here, people were posting negative comments to him about his appearance. And even now, the majority of people here assume bad faith of him, as opposed to him either being mistaken or that information on that fragrance just doesn't exist on the internet (which isn't that far-fetched).

There's so much to criticise Sit Up for that if I made a list, I'd be here all day. But threads like these seem like assuming bad faith unfairly. That said, I don't really expect much better from this forum unfortunately, as it's the same place where saying anything positive about Bid makes people think you're an employee and where Bid being more expensive than other retailers sometimes is a scandel.

He has gone very quiet hasn't he? Also I haven't seen it on Bid for some time.

Latest posts

Back