Shocking Pressure Tactics From Peter Sherlock

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I am pleased to say that Sit-Up have been (hopefully) honest and admitted their big mistake with this sale. I have therefore agreed with the ASA to resolve this matter informally.

We thought you made a valid point, and, with a view to acting quickly, we contacted the advertiser to speak to them about making changes. I’m pleased to advise that Bid TV have acknowledged that they made an error on this occasion. They have advised that incorrect stock information was unintentionally communicated to the presenter, and that this was not noticed at the time and therefore not corrected. Bid TV have confirmed that they will be taking appropriate measures to ensure that this error does not reoccur as requested. Bid TV have also offered their assurance that they will ensure that correct stock levels are communicated to viewers in future broadcasts.

Given this, we will now close our files on this basis. Basic information including the company name, the industry sector and the medium in which the ad appeared will appear on our website, www.asa.org.uk, on 14 August 2013 in a list with other advertisers that have co-operated in resolving complaints.

Maybe we should all pay close attention to when they make similar statements about end of stock (remember, they said the 36 they had left were the last when in fact they clearly had hundreds in stock, some big mistake there!) and i'm afraid that this is far from the first time it has happened. It was merely the first time I have done something about it and Sit-Up should be aware that I only posted publicly about this sale because I didn't want anyone getting pressured and there was a chance it could have been a mistake.

As they have now confirmed it won't happen again they should be aware that no such notice will be given before a complaint along these lines is made in future.

Last edited:
its good they admitted they were wrong,but i really doubt that it wont happen again wirrel

I have my doubts too and as much as some of the Bid supporters on here think there is a witch hunt redraw I hope this proves otherwise, i'm prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt for now. This could have been pursued if i'd wanted to.

But at least they have now officially been given fair warning that any more mistakes like this will not be tolerated. That was my goal really.

Well done

Wirral of Asa

oh here we go again, sniping at other forum members
ntb it seems to me that this is the biggest manifestation of hypocrisy; you accuse us of sniping and whinging about SitUp but you do exactly that to us and that's pretty much all you do

oh here we go again, sniping at other forum members
ntb it seems to me that this is the biggest manifestation of hypocrisy; you accuse us of sniping and whinging about SitUp but you do exactly that to us and that's pretty much all you do

i was congratulating our leader deedee

Please see my post on Andrea before accusing me of trolling please.

Latest posts

Back