Will Peter Sherlock Give It A Rest?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

James 'Oh My Goodness!'Russell has just sold 'Promenade a Versailles' claiming that it is sold at the 'Boutique Dubois' at the Palace of Versailles. The term Boutique Dubois at the Palace of Versailles returns no results on Google, however there is a website for a boutique there.
The Palace of Versailles Boutique website does list several fragrances but Promenade a Versailles is not one of them.
Very odd.
He also stated that the fragrance was 'worn by the ladies of the court in the 1800's' (repeated several times). In fact the French monarchy was abolished in 1792.
He also said that the formula was discovered in 'musty leather bound volumes'. I cant help but wonder whether he actually has information about these musty leather bound volumes or whether he just made that bit up. But then again who could seriously accuse him of ever gilding the lily.

That's what I thought he said too Aqua.

I'm keeping an open mind, on one hand I think something seems really odd but on the other I just couldn't see Sit-Up being so daft these days to sell this as something that is isn't.

They must have sold thousands and thousands of these fragrances on the basis it's sold at Versaille and nowhere else but Bid!

That's what I thought he said too Aqua.

I'm keeping an open mind, on one hand I think something seems really odd but on the other I just couldn't see Sit-Up being so daft these days to sell this as something that is isn't.

They must have sold thousands and thousands of these fragrances on the basis it's sold at Versaille and nowhere else but Bid!

I know what you mean but remember that they sold thousands of Jean Paul Dupont on the basis that it was sold in Macys when it wasn't.
Peter Sherlock weighed in on that one on this forum too claiming that the story held up but the ASA disagreed and lodged a judgement against them, so I don't have quite share your confidence.

I know what you mean but remember that they sold thousands of Jean Paul Dupont on the basis that it was sold in Macys when it wasn't.
Peter Sherlock weighed in on that one on this forum too claiming that the story held up but the ASA disagreed and lodged a judgement against them, so I don't have quite share your confidence.

Do you remember that dreadful, thrown together video they used to show for JPD Pride of Rome? They claimed it was a TV advert:Laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqfwLzsXm-c

Last edited:
Russell said something slightly different today. He said the Promenade a Versaille fragrance is sold in (I think) the Boutique DuBois at The Palace of Versaille.

It was hard to tell what the exact word was though through his brummie accent.

I think James Russell would be very offended to hear he has a brummie accent. He has a Nottingham accent

At least he has some wooden flooring (which he cleans with his steam mop), if he hadn't I may have come to the conclusion that he is a serial bullshitter and pathological liar:Laugh:

At least he has some wooden flooring (which he cleans with his steam mop), if he hadn't I may have come to the conclusion that he is a serial bullshitter and pathological liar:Laugh:

I always like to see the best in people even if at times it can be difficult.

With that in mind I think that James Russell's sales pitches are delivered by way of a lateral approach.

In the absence of any further updates from Peter i'd thought I would update you all on what I have found out since.

Unfortunately at this point I still cannot find these fragrances sold anywhere other than the outlets already mentioned. If anyone has a bit of spare time to have a dig around as well I would be most grateful.

Last edited:
Well I had a quick look round.

It appears the 'Les Jardins de Versailles' is nowhere near a French Palace or France for that fact... but from a palace far far away in the far East.

Ladies and gentlemen, with some shoddy techno music I give to you the Bid-tv Les Jardins de Versailles promotion video with repeated sub sections to make it longer and because it's a shite product :grin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzCh_NPrr-8

Well I had a quick look round.

It appears the 'Les Jardins de Versailles' is nowhere near a French Palace or France for that fact... but from a palace far far away in the far East.

Ladies and gentlemen, with some shoddy techno music I give to you the Bid-tv Les Jardins de Versailles promotion video with repeated sub sections to make it longer and because it's a shite product :grin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzCh_NPrr-8

Ha Ha!

I am honestly beginning to think that this fragrance might be sold 'at' Versaille but is maybe sold from a pop up kiosk near the palace (à la Laurelle in Oxford Street!)

Of course i'm only joking. I'm still confident there's a perfectly simple answer but i'm blown if I can find it.

Last edited:
In the absence of any further updates from Peter i'd thought I would update you all on what I have found out since.

Unfortunately at this point I still cannot find these fragrances sold anywhere other than the outlets already mentioned. If anyone has a bit of spare time to have a dig around as well I would be most grateful.

Brigitte Jaeck's company is Saveurs et Senteurs (Flavours and Fragrances) but I can't find a website for them.
There is a newly opened 'Garden of Perfumes' at Versailles which is an official project but the 'Garden of Versailles' perfumes that Bid are flogging are not there. To quote from the website;

Four major representative of the expertise and excellence of French names - Guerlain, Lenotre, Diptych and Maison Fabre-joined the project by installing shops and workshops to new concepts, featuring fragrances and scents.'

Here is a link; http://www.versailles-tourisme.com/actualites/details/article/la-cour-des-senteurs.html

I cannot find any evidence that 'Promenade a Versailles' or any others from the range are sold or ever have been sold at any 'French Palaces' including the Palace of Versailles.

Found it! I didn't realise but on the description of the video I found the manufacturer of these perfumes is listed...

They are from a company called CFFC Fragrances which have offices in China and Paris.

http://www.cffc-paris.com/

and I quote directly from the video description...

CFFC was in Shanghai at the Beauty Fair.
They brought back an old perfume recipe from the perfume maker of Louis the 14th and his wife the Queen Marie Antoinette. They made these perfumes according to today's processes and are offering it on sale worldwide.
Les JArdins de Versailles et Promenade a Versailles pour Elle and pour Lui are the 3 iconic perfumes of the Brand.

So sod all to do with 'Palace of Versailles'.

http://www.cffc-paris.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=34&product_id=98

398 Japanese Yen equates to £2.50.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back