Peter Simon joining TJC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just as an aside, I was listening to a BBC R4 prog the other day, and apparently it is wrong to call him Da Vinci. His name is actually Leonardo who just happens to come from a place called Vinci.

So my name would be Alan Da Plymouth, but calling me Da Plymouth would be meaningless lol.
If it's good enough for that guy who wrote the "Da Vinci Code", it's good enough for me 😏

Just as an aside, I was listening to a BBC R4 prog the other day, and apparently it is wrong to call him Da Vinci. His name is actually Leonardo who just happens to come from a place called Vinci.

So my name would be Alan Da Plymouth, but calling me Da Plymouth would be meaningless lol.
See. That’s one of the things I love about this forum. I can learn stuff I had no idea about.
Thanks strato - gonna save that one!

Thomas Kinkade? Awful idealised scenes of cottages (with the odd mill thrown in to mix things up a bit) with the kind of infernal light in the windows that is usually only ever seen by damned souls and people who have mixed their Benylin with methylated spirits.
PS used to quote that a high percentage of Americans had a Thomas Kinkade in their homes, which proved they were a valuable piece of art🤔.

I'm not knocking Americans, or the fact that this type of picture is popular, but that doesn't make it so valuable that you need to put it on your insurance!

I've never seen an exhibition of his work at the National Gallery but they're probably snobs who are jealous of his talent!🤣

PS used to quote that a high percentage of Americans had a Thomas Kinkade in their homes, which proved they were a valuable piece of art🤔.

I'm not knocking Americans, or the fact that this type of picture is popular, but that doesn't make it so valuable that you need to put it on your insurance!

I've never seen an exhibition of his work at the National Gallery but they're probably snobs who are jealous of his talent!🤣
I seem to remember reading that Kinkade shops starting popping up all over the US a few decades back, as more and more Americans wanted his prints. God knows why

These stores were apparently mostly set up on a franchise basis, like McDonald's branches tend to be. And Subways, I think. Thomas Kinkade made a lot of cash.

But then they overextended, his crappy pictures started going out of fashion, and the stores imploded.

But the guy himself was apparently an alcoholic git, so I have no sympathy. I think he's dead now, but I can't be bothered checking

I seem to remember reading that Kinkade shops starting popping up all over the US a few decades back, as more and more Americans wanted his prints. God knows why

These stores were apparently mostly set up on a franchise basis, like McDonald's branches tend to be. And Subways, I think. Thomas Kinkade made a lot of cash.

But then they overextended, his crappy pictures started going out of fashion, and the stores imploded.

But the guy himself was apparently an alcoholic git, so I have no sympathy. I think he's dead now, but I can't be bothered checking
I've had a look and you're right, died in 2012 age 54 of acute intoxication of alcohol and diazepam.

Wikipedia says that the company used Christianity as a bait to lure you in to buy his work. However he once fondled a woman's breasts at a sales event and urinated on a Winnie the Pooh toy at the Disneyland Hotel. Not sure where that fits into Christianity...

I've had a look and you're right, died in 2012 age 54 of acute intoxication of alcohol and diazepam.

Wikipedia says that the company used Christianity as a bait to lure you in to buy his work. However he once fondled a woman's breasts at a sales event and urinated on a Winnie the Pooh toy at the Disneyland Hotel. Not sure where that fits into Christianity...
My local church growing up wasn't that exciting. Americans just have to be so very OTT and extra all the time.

I do feel sorry for that woman and Winnie, though

My local church growing up wasn't that exciting. Americans just have to be so very OTT and extra all the time.

I do feel sorry for that woman and Winnie, though
I always thought that the Disney Pooh was a bit smarmy, verging on the types who we were warned about in the late 1970s/early 1980s, driving around in vans offering lifts or sweets. The EH Shepard Pooh, though, looked like a good friend who'd still clip you around the ear if you were talking BS. So if TK peed on a Disney soft toy, that would be some retribution by proxy 🤣

I always thought that the Disney Pooh was a bit smarmy, verging on the types who we were warned about in the late 1970s/early 1980s, driving around in vans offering lifts or sweets. The EH Shepard Pooh, though, looked like a good friend who'd still clip you around the ear if you were talking BS. So if TK peed on a Disney soft toy, that would be some retribution by proxy 🤣
I suspect that a good psychiatrist would get a lot from reading this post 🧐

My education is lacking I have never heard of this Kinkade.

Well I think Winnie the Pooh was lovely and TK shoud have been arrested for peeing on him so there!!! However Donald Duck used to annoy me so I wouldn't have been so annoyed if he'd done the same to him🫣🤣

Latest posts

Back