Philosophy TSV 09/10/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

No, first time I have bought Baby Grace usually buy Amazing in a TSV. Not opened it yet, so can't let you know.

Hope your TSV has arrived.

It has arrived, yes. I was reluctant to open the eau de parfum too because I have others I should use up first but I was dying to see what I thought of it. In a way, it is what I was expecting. For me, it's a nice change from the other Graces so I'm keeping it but I don't absolutely love it, just like it - about 7/10 for me.

Received the Baby Grace set today and don't like it. To me it smells of cheap soap and gave me a headache. :mysmilie_10:

i have not bought amazing grace for years but it instantly bought back happy memories and my daughter commented on it. she said it reminds her of when she was little.. ahhh love the fig shower gel its stunning that wont be gifted

I think Baby Grace smells of poppies. There used to be an Inner Grace too, which was very like SJP's Lovely.

Like the baby grace. It's a gentle fresh scent.

Love love Vanilla Fig.

Falling in love is nice scent too.

I got the baby grace and although I really like it - it just doesn't last more than a few mins. I have been liberally spraying it on hair, neck, wrists, clothes and after about 10 mins nothing! and it's an EDP!!! Not opened any of the shower gels yet but am excited to do so. As I bought it for the shower stuff, to build up a stock, I won't be sending it back but I have to say that I doubt I'd buy another one.

i think it lasts longer than you think...hours later people tell me that i smell lovely. the notes are quite basic so you get acustomed to it but its still there. amazing is my fav and it may be the strongest

I'd say Baby Grace has been the strongest and most horrible of the Grace's. I must have got some on my cardy when I tried it because the next day when I put it on again it stunk of the scent and had to change it.

dont like baby at all smelled it years ago and will never forget how sick it made me feel. so knew i would never buy it again specially not edp ..not that philosophy edp will be all that strong

I used my TSV yesterday, in Amazing Grace showered early in the morning and the shower gel is lovely. Sprayed with the perfume around 9 am. In Costco a lady behind me in the queue asked what as was wearing as I smelt so nice! Not sure I could smell it but it obviously does last. Happy with my purchase.

As I said earlier in the thread, I once bought a set of Philosophy miniatures and found they didn`t last on my skin but for anybody who really likes the Amazing Grace but wants something very similar but longer lasting then this perfume by Galimard in the link below is a good buy. Galimard is a French perfume house and have been making perfume since the 1700`s. The one in the link (A Contre Jour) is available in perfume, EDP and EDT, you can also buy refills, prices are in Euros and delivery to the UK is 11 Euros.
http://www.galimard.com/index.php/en/la-boutique/fragrances-feminines/a-contre-jour.html

I've never liked Baby Grace; whereas Pure Grace smells a lot like soap powder, Baby (to me) smells like one of these numerous dodgy fabric softeners Procter & Gamble and Lever keep bringing out...there's hundreds of them in supermarkets. I bought the Baby Grace option because it's not as easy to buy as Pure or Amazing so I'll hang on to it and sell it on ebay once the current glut has sold, and I really only wanted the shower gels.

So finally got round to opening my TSV today. Excitedly took the Falling in love up to the shower. Boy was I disappointed. Does this even have a fragrance? I couldn't smell anything. Hope the others will be better, or it will be another return on its way back. Got the Baby Grace. I do like the initial smell. I get the parma violets (sweets) scent that others have described which luckily I love. My husband said "you smell nice" & he doesn't even know I had ordered a new perfume. Did spray quite a lot though as some saying it didn't smell much & think I went overboard. It was quite overpowering. A couple of hours later & I can't really smell it on me anymore but thats the same with whichever perfume I use. Hoping the other shower gels will be a bit better.

Latest posts

Back