Plants2Garden TSV 27/03/22

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I noticed this on a lot of P2G items - they work out exactly the same price, just shuffled about a bit. I usually buy direct but if there's easy pays I'll go for QVC. Saying that, P2G do quite a few offers and sometimes offer free postage to I'll take advantage of those.

CC

I bought these plants direct from Thompson and Morgan last year. They were so tiny when they arrived in May, it took most of the summer for them to grow big enough to produce flowers. The flowers were beautiful but we didn’t have long enough to enjoy them.
8660299B-4F94-4695-BEB0-489A28EA5FE9.jpeg

Last edited:
I bought these plants direct from Thompson and Morgan last year. They were so tiny when they arrived in May, it took most of the summer for them to grow big enough to produce flowers. The flowers were beautiful but we didn’t have long enough to enjoy them.View attachment 23460
Plants2Garden always say they sell big chunky plants that are ready to go. They are not cheap enough for you to pay 6 months for summer bedding to grow.

Maybe the best thing is to overwinter them and get anather summer. They are lovely plants. In life you do get what you pay for

Maybe the best thing is to overwinter them and get anather summer. They are lovely plants. In life you do get what you pay for

I like the P2G guest and his demonstrations when they are doing the kits with pots. Even a novice like me could follow what he's doing
I bought a TSV a couple of years ago with 2 pebble pots and all the plants. There was a diagram showing where to put the plants within the pots for the best display. They were beautiful and lasted until September. They weren't cheap but there was no growing on etc, you just planted, watered and they were in bloom in no time. Ken at P2G is very good and the lady that does the customer service at their nursery is also very helpful.

CC

I bought a TSV a couple of years ago with 2 pebble pots and all the plants. There was a diagram showing where to put the plants within the pots for the best display. They were beautiful and lasted until September. They weren't cheap but there was no growing on etc, you just planted, watered and they were in bloom in no time. Ken at P2G is very good and the lady that does the customer service at their nursery is also very helpful.

CC
P2G are the only gardening brand where I could imagine buying as I have communal gardens looked after for all of us, so pots would be my only real opportunity to do some gardening. So the positive experiences like yours are motivating!

If you have a sunny windowsill you could try some seeds, especially if you try the easy easy ones to start you off.
I do grow from seed LATI but I seem to have more success with veggies than flowers. Last year I had tons of tomatoes of different kinds. I gave lots to mum but still used mine for chopped tomatoes (in the Ninja) all summer long. Lovely beans as well and carrots - all from seed. I'd never buy veg plants but I do get sucked in with the flowers.

CC

Boffy when companies stopped sending items over here I had to start growing my own so if I can do it anyone can. I’m late getting started due to work at house but hope to get them done this weekend but it will be ok as we are about a month behind in weather terms from mainland. It has been gorgeous here this week

Been lovely here as well and my sweet peas (only flowers I do really) are coming on nicely. I planted courgettes and beetroot this week and also got my potatoes in. I really love home grown spuds.

CC

I will definitely be buying these. I had two sets of the P2G fuschias TSV last year and they were brilliant. I have quite a big garden with shady borders which fuschias seem to love. I am growing my collection of them to fill in some gaps.

Despite having frogs and hedgies we get a lot of slugs. Tried everything, slugs and snails just shrug them off. Nematodes next. Will give them a go. Our kitchen gets the sun all afternoon, so growing seeds is quite easy. Got Zinnias, cosmos, gazinias, busy Lizzies, verbena, thunbergia and all sorts. Going to be a bugger pricking them all out.

Latest posts

Back