Poor CS

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
I am really fed up and disappointed with the way QVC treat their customers. I mentioned this in another thread before, so apologies for repeating. I placed an order for an item of clothing, which, at the time, was fine. It was showing as 'in process' for a couple of days. Then, by chance, I happened to check online for something else and noticed that the order has been changed to 'awaiting stock'. No phone call, no email or anything to let me know. If I didn't have 'net access, I'd be none the wiser and wondering where the postman is with my stuff. I elected to call CS to enquire and was told that there was a "stock issue" in the warehouse. Essentially, they sold more than they had on the shelf and were waiting for more stock. I was told that a letter had been sent explaining the situation, but what's the good of that when it takes almost a week for that to arrive. Or more likely waiting for someone else to return their so they can send it on! I could have needed this for a special event or as a gift and this delay may have made it impossible for me to find something else as a replacement. It irks me more when I see Dale in their promo reel, telling us how they keep us informed every step of the way. Maybe, but he doesn't say that it can take weeks for that information to actually get to you, by which time it's far too late. They bang on and on about service and quality etc and, while they might not be lying outright, they certainly are economical with the truth, especially when something goes wrong. It's almost as if they think that ignoring it long enough will make it go away. I've emailed three times now and telephoned twice, and I still have yet to receive a satisfactory answer to my query. The letter hasn't arrived yet either. QVC lose though as the moment has long passed and I made the decision to cancel the order. This aggravation is what stops me ordering, along with stupid prices and high P&P.

Rant over.

Well I got "the letter" telling me i had sent too many returns and they were looking at closing my account if my returns rate didn't improve!!

I rang CS bewildered because I dont buy that much any more and mostly it's repeat purchases that I know I want!!

Guess what..it was an error,someone had sent the wrong letter,I should have received the letter to say my CC had expired and there was an outstanding easy pay!!

The girl apologised ,accepted it wasn't good enough and would make sure they looked into it and get back to me.
4 weeks later....still waiting.:wonder:

Can I join in the rant too, even though I'm at risk of repeating myself?

Still waiting on the Laura Geller TSV.
Phoned after seven days to be told it was in transit.
Emailed to ask again, told a problem with delivery though not specified what. As someone has been here every day & no delivery attempted I emailed back to ask what the problem entailed. No reply at all to that email.
Waiting for a letter to sign for non delivery.

They charge enough for delivery, isn't good enough.

Last edited:
Write all this stuff on Mary Portas' Secret Shopper site - maybe if it's out in the open and getting them bad publicity they will invest in their CS. Shaming them, basically.

You would think in this economic climate companies would be falling over themselves to up the ante and deliver first class CS ~ unfortunately it looks like QVC are lagging behind the times. Maybe they think they're immune from the economic fallout, but stories like these make me for one, think twice before purchasing from them, especially when I know I can get a cheaper and faster service elsewhere on the internet.
Instead of automatically buying from them, I'll now trawl the net looking for free p&p, speedy delivery and great CS of which there are plenty out there.

Do you know what really irritates me?

More than once, especially towards the Christmas period, I have ordered items that have not arrived. I waited and waited and then when I checked my account it stated that those items had been "returned" as if I had actually sent them back. Which I hadn't. I called CS to be told that there had been a "problem with delivery" which apparently can mean anything from bashed, undeliverable boxes to the customer not being in when the delivery was made. As a result of this I have reduced the amount of toiletry TSV's that I buy, espescially towards the Christmas period. The postage is expensive and QVC can't seem to guarantee delivery.

I ordered a dress in late December and that never turned up either, I got my refund but it still says "returned" on my account page.

I didn't have the chance to "return" these items so it should say something else shouldn't it?

They should be more specific and it annoys me that they aren't.

Last edited:
Can I join in the rant too, even though I'm at risk of repeating myself?

Still waiting on the Laura Geller TSV.
Phoned after seven days to be told it was in transit.
Emailed to ask again, told a problem with delivery though not specified what. As someone has been here every day & no delivery attempted I emailed back to ask what the problem entailed. No reply at all to that email.
Waiting for a letter to sign for non delivery.

They charge enough for delivery, isn't good enough.

yes well wait for the letter to come, sign it and then you have to pay for a stamp to send it back disgusting!!!

Do you know what really irritates me?

More than once, especially towards the Christmas period, I have ordered items that have not arrived. I waited and waited and then when I checked my account it stated that those items had been "returned" as if I had actually sent them back. Which I hadn't. I called CS to be told that there had been a "problem with delivery" which apparently can mean anything from bashed, undeliverable boxes to the customer not being in when the delivery was made. As a result of this I have reduced the amount of toiletry TSV's that I buy, espescially towards the Christmas period. The postage is expensive and QVC can't seem to guarantee delivery.

I ordered a dress in late December and that never turned up either, I got my refund but it still says "returned" on my account page.

I didn't have the chance to "return" these items so it should say something else shouldn't it?
They should be more specific and it annoys me that they aren't.
That drives me mad, too! Like when something is faulty-it should have a fault code next to it, so it separates out returns from faulty/not as described/never arrived etc etc.

This happened to me - an order I placed before christmas never arrived and I had costs refunded. It now shows as returned on my account.

Reading this has reminded me that I was going to email and say they got it wrong.

I shall do this forthwith!

***UPDATE***

I have sent the following:

'I recently had an order refunded as it was never delivered (Mally 10 piece Eyeliner set). However, this is now showing on my account as 'Returned' which is wrong - it was never received so I could not have returned it. Could you rectify this error on my account to show an appropriate status'

Last edited:
When Click Free was on a recently,I e-mailed CS about a relatively simple question.Two and a half weeks later I got a one sentence reply that didn't answer my question.They lost a sale .More fool them.

This happened to me - an order I placed before christmas never arrived and I had costs refunded. It now shows as returned on my account.

Reading this has reminded me that I was going to email and say they got it wrong.

I shall do this forthwith!

***UPDATE***

I have sent the following:

'I recently had an order refunded as it was never delivered (Mally 10 piece Eyeliner set). However, this is now showing on my account as 'Returned' which is wrong - it was never received so I could not have returned it. Could you rectify this error on my account to show an appropriate status'

I've had a reply:

'Thank you for contacting QVC.

The status of your will show as "returned" when a refund is credited. This will show if the order was returned by the customer or never delivered within the timeframe. We are unable to amend this status as we do not have a "non received" status.

If we can help with anything else, please don’t hesitate to contact us.'

So basicaly 'computer says no!'

I have to say I have never had a problem with QVC CS, not that I have had to contact them very often! but have just done so.I received an order without a returns slip so rang to get it sent to me.They told me to write all the info. & are arranging to collect which has saved me the return postage.
just as a p.s & nothing to do with QVC I have been waiting for parts of my new kitchen to be delivered for 7 weeks which was paid for 2 months ago.When I rang their CS for repeated updates I was just told they would ring me when available.How good of them, after advice from Trading Standards the missing bits are about to arrive!

I've had a reply:

'Thank you for contacting QVC.

The status of your will show as "returned" when a refund is credited. This will show if the order was returned by the customer or never delivered within the timeframe. We are unable to amend this status as we do not have a "non received" status.

If we can help with anything else, please don’t hesitate to contact us.'

So basicaly 'computer says no!'

Just wondering why it is so important for the status to be changed,the item has been "returned" by the courier and your payment has been "returned " to you,they probably just have one status for returns no matter how it gets back to them.

Just wondering why it is so important for the status to be changed,the item has been "returned" by the courier and your payment has been "returned " to you,they probably just have one status for returns no matter how it gets back to them.

QVC make decisions on our accounts based on return rates, as much discussed on this forum. In doing so they dont seem to take any account of why something is 'returned' eg faulty, wrong item sent etc.

In this case I didnt return the item - it never arrived with me to be subsequently returned, nor was it returned by the courier as undeliverable, so I don't want it classed as a return against me.

Unless you have lots of returns on your account that you have sent back yourself ,then one order that has been refunded through not being delivered will not make QVC send you "the letter".

It's not just about the letter: I'd like to think QVC collate stats about items that never arrive at their destination in an effort towards reducing the number of items not received. Maybe they do this elswhere in their sytem. Years ago when I had a number of parcels pinched off the doorstep it would have been helpful had I been able to access the info on my account so that I could refer to them specifically in correspondence at a later date.

Generally speaking I wish they'd improve the details available on the "My Account" pages; it doesn't even list the size or colour options of any item ordered.

Jude xx

What happens exactly when you report something as not having been delivered?

After my LG TSV didn't arrive I phoned CS & was sent a letter to sign saying the parcel hadn't turned up (via courier) & that "I would support QVC's efforts" in finding what had gone wrong, or words to that effect. I had to give day & evening phone numbers as they said they would ring me to see how to proceed but I've heard nothing since sending the letter back last week.
Do they ring you? Or just refund you? What usually happens, please?

They will ring you when they receive your signed declaration form back just in case your parcel has arrived and to check if you want a replacement or refund,if you haven't had a call from them by weekend ring the CS and ask them to check for you.

Thank you ceejay.
I would prefer a replacement but as the fair I need sold out & is still out of stock it will have to be a refund. Ah well, some you win.

Latest posts

Back