Presenter salaries

• Thread starter Deleted member 3549
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

i
another point that supports them being freelance and not salaried is that Q wouldnt want to get into messy HR "performance management" issues if the presenter went off the boil and stopped selling. they'd want to get rid pronto - remember sunitta shroff?

No, I don't remember her. What happened with her? I am so nosey!

No, I don't remember her. What happened with her? I am so nosey!

she was brought in as a new presenter. i think she'd done a bit of daytime tv before, travel programmes and stuff, all pre-recorded.
she was very nice but could NOT get the hang of the job. stuttering and jumbling up her words all over the place. it was uncomfortable to watch.
needless to say she disappeared as quickly as she appeared.

http://www.sunitashroff.com/

I know that wotsit Greenwood and her husband Paul Coia own some sort of training company in media. They give lectures and presentations up and down.

The funny thing is that HE was a very popular national television presenter at one time on Pebble Mill and now these days you never hear of him but I think he has a radio show. I did see him once actually presenting something on QVC - what a come down!

I know that wotsit Greenwood and her husband Paul Coia own some sort of training company in media. They give lectures and presentations up and down.

The funny thing is that HE was a very popular national television presenter at one time on Pebble Mill and now these days you never hear of him but I think he has a radio show. I did see him once actually presenting something on QVC - what a come down!

Well Wotsit Greenwood and her husband live in a fab house with their beautiful children, go on great holidays so I don't think they are doing too badly.

Well Wotsit Greenwood and her husband live in a fab house with their beautiful children, go on great holidays so I don't think they are doing too badly.

greenwood worked at the bbc 20 years ago. its bad enough now but i dread to think what the pay was back then. she did quiz shows and allsorts. handbag will have been well and truly filled.

Found this site, which again doesn't mention QVC by name but on the home page it does say something about someone went via them on to get a contract with Ideal World for £30k. The testimonials page on the link does contain some veeeery familiar faces though......

http://www.presenterpromotions.com/testimonials/testimonials.html

Woweee a very interesting link - thanks for that ! It just shows that the world and his wife want to get on the box 'presenting' in some form or other, thats apart from the brain dead D list celebrities of course !

i bet you can have a ball with that as a ST presenter. make up - legit business cost. hair - legit business cost. wardrobe - legit business cost. buying loads of stuff to compare with Q's offerings - legit business costs.

in fact i cant think of much that you couldnt put down to legit business costs!

Well, I used to be registered for VAT (stationery supplies/computers etc) and the C & E are extremely careful about what you can legitimately claim on. You have to have documentation and a full VAT receipt. It can be a real pain in the rear. Which is one of the reasons I am now deregistered for VAT.

My son was a model for catalogues and TV commercials when he was a baby/toddler. He was paid £50 per hour for photographic work and £150 for filming/TV. That was 14 years ago and adults got approx double that. Might give you some idea of what they get now.

The comment about them not allowed to be self employed is wrong. I have a lot of self employed clients. True the Revenue are far tighter nowadays (i.e. a builder or window fitter that just work for one person). Its all about the wording i.e. contract for services. Even more so as they have other revenue streams. As for qvc, it's far cheaper for them - no holiday pay, sick pay or Employers NI. As they don't do many hours you wouldn't pay someone say 100k per annum PLUS all the Employers responsibilities too.

I also have a couple of clients involved in this line of work and they are self employed. If there earnings are above a certain amount they go Limited for tax purposes i.e. pay salary around £592 per month, take dividends, avoid NI. Far more tax efficient, but you need to be on 45k ish minimum to justify it.

I asked a while back what they earn't. Logically it won't be that much - they don't put the hours in and its not mainstream tv. It all seems like part time work so i'd imagine the lower ones would be around 20k to 30k (remember they could all earn a lot more with other work) up to maybe 70k to 80k for say Julia.

Anne Dawson probably PAYS to work there, the rude one who does the beauty shows (Alison Oldboot or something) definately should :)

"Anne Dawson probably PAYS to work there, the rude one who does the beauty shows (Alison Oldboot or something) definately should :) "

heheheeeee

Alison Keenan, Pipa Gordon and Julian Ballantyne are all directors of Limited companies. I can't be arsed to check out the rest.

Alison Keenan, Pipa Gordon and Julian Ballantyne are all directors of Limited companies. I can't be arsed to check out the rest.

That's. I indication of earnings though is it. I'm a director of a limited company but I'm not paid anything at all.

Latest posts

Back