Presenters Personalised Liz Earle Cloth

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It is interesting how diets go in and out of fashion, a couple of years ago we had lots of different books about living gluten free and being vegetarian, then we had lots of Paleo diet and living dairy free books, last year it was all books about veganism.

I admire people that are committed to an ethical and cruelty free way of living but I think for the majority it is more of a fashion statement and I honestly believe that if some numpty like Dim Kardashian claimed that she only ate dandelions the countryside would be full of idiots grazing the verges.

New tube, new cloth. It has to be a bit scratchy (my phasing) to do the polishing.

However sensible me thinks it is a great marketing scam to sell new cloths.

I love reading people's views on flannel vs muslin. So long as you don't look in my "flannel drawer" whilst very neat and tidy it shows I like a muslin or maybe a flannel, an SBC shammy, possibly a micro fibre......
I love Ramer sponges, the ones with a texture, not the very smooth and soft ones.

It is interesting how diets go in and out of fashion, a couple of years ago we had lots of different books about living gluten free and being vegetarian, then we had lots of Paleo diet and living dairy free books, last year it was all books about veganism.

I admire people that are committed to an ethical and cruelty free way of living but I think for the majority it is more of a fashion statement and I honestly believe that if some numpty like Dim Kardashian claimed that she only ate dandelions the countryside would be full of idiots grazing the verges.
I’d have a hell of a lot more respect if they didn’t have to have their plant based food shaped like bacon rashers or chicken breasts.

I became a vegetarian when I was 18; in the space of 24 hours I read the pig killing chapter in Larkrise To Candleford & then walked straight into a row of rabbits hanging up outside the butchers, I was talking to my mum & didn't realise how close I got to the shop. Eight years later my pregnancy cravings were oranges & meat, we'd lost our first child & I'd often wondered if my diet had caused this to happen so when I became the biggest carnivore in England I asked my midwife if my body was telling me I needed the iron, vitamins & nutrients found in meat. I did eat meat during that pregnancy but not the next one.

I’d have a hell of a lot more respect if they didn’t have to have their plant based food shaped like bacon rashers or chicken breasts.
My DD is a quiet, minds her own business 100% vegan including her lifestyle. She doesn’t want, need or likes fake meat, some so well produced the texture can be replicated which makes her bawk. She gets beyond irritated by the preaching vegan brigade and more so by judgemental meat eaters who think because she’s vegan she’s out to convert them. She wouldn’t have married a meat eater if that was the case. For my two-penneth worth, going vegan these days is a lot easier, more accessible and cheaper. When my DD converted from vegetarianism more than a decade ago I quietly panicked, we cooked from scratch and researched, travelled extensively to vegan health shops and eating establishments and ordered from websites through LABL Fair connections. She has made fabulous lifelong friends along the way.

I’ve been a vegetarian for over thirty years and admit I’m not committed enough to become a vegan, I’ve never eaten red meat in my life, before I became a vegetarian for ethical reason, I did eat chicken were now the thought of doing that makes me want to. 🤮

Saying that, after having my vaccination on Thursday I’ve eaten nothing since because I’ve felt like crap. it’s wearing off now, so I’m spending the day in bed (again) getting waited on by the husband (again)..........well, I’ll be doing the same for him, he gets his tomorrow, so if it floors him like it has me. 🙏

I’ve been a vegetarian for over thirty years and admit I’m not committed enough to become a vegan, I’ve never eaten red meat in my life, before I became a vegetarian for ethical reason, I did eat chicken were now the thought of doing that makes me want to. 🤮

Saying that, after having my vaccination on Thursday I’ve eaten nothing since because I’ve felt like crap. it’s wearing off now, so I’m spending the day in bed (again) getting waited on by the husband (again)..........well, I’ll be doing the same for him, he gets his tomorrow, so if it floors him like it has me. 🙏
Which vaccine did you get Shoppe??? We had Pfizer and just sore arms,my sister had the Astra Zeneca and had dreadful headaches. I read somewhere that the AZ vaccine affects women more than men. Hope you're feeling better.

Which vaccine did you get Shoppe??? We had Pfizer and just sore arms,my sister had the Astra Zeneca and had dreadful headaches. I read somewhere that the AZ vaccine affects women more than men. Hope you're feeling better.

Aw thanks Lp, I’m getting there 🙏❤️ xx

I had the AZ one, yeah the headache was awful, it’s still lingering and the sore arm at the injection sight. I was so tired it was unbelievable, I was tired Thursday night and woke up with the sore arm and head yesterday morning. I was in bed at 8.30 last night I couldn’t keep my eyes open, still knackered now, but yeah it’s all wearing off now. I suppose it’s better than the alternative, thanks lovely 🙏❤️ xx

Most who I’ve spoken to have had no problems with the Pfizer one, myself included, and any who have had AZ have had either a mild reaction or been floored for a number of days.

Will the booster be the same “brand” as the earlier ones ?

Mr L and I are debating as to what age actually defines .”over 70s”. Is it anyone 70+ by September or 71+?

Most who I’ve spoken to have had no problems with the Pfizer one, myself included, and any who have had AZ have had either a mild reaction or been floored for a number of days.

Will the booster be the same “brand” as the earlier ones ?

Mr L and I are debating as to what age actually defines .”over 70s”. Is it anyone 70+ by September or 71+?

Some state the second is easier and other say it’s worse, best just to go with it.

I also had the shakes yesterday at 3am when I got up, the husband came down stairs with me he was really worried till I told him I’m ok and to go back to bed, I wasn’t ok, I was wrecked. 😞

I’m through the worse now, and in my opinion if these side effects are a fraction of what real COVID is like then I urge my Forum buddies if you’re offered the jab, take it.

Aw thanks Lp, I’m getting there 🙏❤️ xx

I had the AZ one, yeah the headache was awful, it’s still lingering and the sore arm at the injection sight. I was so tired it was unbelievable, I was tired Thursday night and woke up with the sore arm and head yesterday morning. I was in bed at 8.30 last night I couldn’t keep my eyes open, still knackered now, but yeah it’s all wearing off now. I suppose it’s better than the alternative, thanks lovely 🙏❤️ xx
You're welcome, just for our second jab. Take care.x

We both had the AZ one three weeks ago; my Mr T had a tender arm, actually he walked around looking like Napoleon but declined my sarcastic comment about needing a sling. I didn't even have a sore arm the same man did both of us & said that he couldn't even see where he'd done mine. I assume side effects are the immune system being cranked up so mine must be lazy or just apathetic.

Oh my life Shopps, that sounds awful, your immune system was obviously battle ready. I hope Mr Shopps doesn't crash like that tomorrow if you're still feeling fragile.

Oh my life Shopps, that sounds awful, your immune system was obviously battle ready. I hope Mr Shopps doesn't crash like that tomorrow if you're still feeling fragile.

Aw thanks lovely T. 🙏❤️ xx

Mr Shopps has his paracetamol all lined up ready for tomorrow, my reaction to it hasn’t put him off, he’s actually quite excited but I swear in my tender disposition, if he says “I’m getting jabbered in the morning” to the tune of “I’m getting married in the morning” one more time, I won't be responsible for my actions. 😳 🤔😂

Latest posts

Back