Qurio - a socially interesting documentary!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

She had one of the heated throws that was recalled and she got £5 compensation as well as the refund. Thank god the throw didn’t catch fire considering the amount of synthetic fibres chez Hyacinth!
£5 compensation for something that was potentially dangerous? QVC at its generous best.Hyacinth seems to have a very low threshold as to what is acceptable, is anything returned or is that too much trouble? The B&W garment was another ‘bargain’ but a very poor fit & she wasn’t keen on the sleeve length.

I can't find the Kipling thread for some reason, but as this is about Qurio and reviews, I'll give my final verdict on the bag I bought for my holiday - I absolutely hated it! It drove me insane. The only good points I can report is that being a fabric bag is was malleable enough to fit into my hand luggage on holiday and I was able to stuff my cardi inside the bag. Too many compartments and zips. It literally took me ages to find anything I wanted. I kept trying to remember which thing was in which compartment but failed miserably every time. Sometimes I reckon I must have checked the same compartment twice because with about 5 zipped bits, I got totally befuddled. I must admit for a holiday it was good in the way it was crossbody, so I could be hands free. The peach colour was for me - strictly holiday. So having unpacked, it's been stuffed into one of the cases and will be used next time we go abroad!

£5 compensation for something that was potentially dangerous? QVC at its generous best.Hyacinth seems to have a very low threshold as to what is acceptable, is anything returned or is that too much trouble? The B&W garment was another ‘bargain’ but a very poor fit & she wasn’t keen on the sleeve length.
I just don't understand her fascination with "bargains" As soon as something's had a few quid shaved off, she's on it! She certainly doesn't need any more clothes, nobody needs two sets of nail files. That nail file set is the sort of thing you can pop inside your handbag and leave it there at all times, so you'll know where it is and it will be with you wherever you go - so why buy two unless you're gonna gift one of them, I just don't get it!
Agreed £5 is very little in the way of compensation when it comes to something that like you say, is potentially dangerous, and knowing Q, the fiver came with a list of clauses. £10 off and free postage is the least they could do in the circumstances. It's people like her who keep Q being so stingy!

Ann has been directed again this morning to put out information on the live channel to entice customers over on to Qurio.
She said her director had been joking with her about Ann saying they were building a virtual community not an actual building as Lisa the director has been making fun of me about.

Ann has been directed again this morning to put out information on the live channel to entice customers over on to Qurio.
She said her director had been joking with her about Ann saying they were building a virtual community not an actual building as Lisa the director has been making fun of me about.
God, could you imagine that? Well actually, yes I could. Like a cult where you leave all your earthy possessions at the door and replace them with items bought from Q, rules say you have to buy at least 2 items every day, so you have to pay double postage, and then go and collect them yourself from room 101. Food consists of Jane Plan, Wilfred's pies and Joe and Seph's popcorn, but it comes at a price. Every night you have to pray to the God of QVC and have a big letter Q tattooed onto your forehead. TV has 3 channels - QVC, QVC beauty, and QVC Style - You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave!

I just don't understand her fascination with "bargains" As soon as something's had a few quid shaved off, she's on it! She certainly doesn't need any more clothes, nobody needs two sets of nail files. That nail file set is the sort of thing you can pop inside your handbag and leave it there at all times, so you'll know where it is and it will be with you wherever you go - so why buy two unless you're gonna gift one of them, I just don't get it!
Agreed £5 is very little in the way of compensation when it comes to something that like you say, is potentially dangerous, and knowing Q, the fiver came with a list of clauses. £10 off and free postage is the least they could do in the circumstances. It's people like her who keep Q being so stingy!
She could have had a £15 voucher, if she’d had the refund for heated throw as a credit on her account. It was a fiver if refund went back on your card. For someone who seems to buy so much, i’d have thought it made more sense to have the credit.
I chose the credit, my niece is moving into a new flat soon with a toddler and I’m going to use the credit towards the Meaco dehumidifier as a housewarming pressie for her.
I bought a Denim & Co blouse from Clearance with my £15 discount. Cost me £4.61 inc p&p.

Hyacinth has not only bought the legmaster,but a throw ,and another throw with a cuddly toy,the sort of items you see in b& m for a fiver ! I think this lady may suffer with depression as her voice is always low and monotone ,no enthusiasm or change in tone ,feel a bit sorry for her to be honest

Hyacinth has not only bought the legmaster,but a throw ,and another throw with a cuddly toy,the sort of items you see in b& m for a fiver ! I think this lady may suffer with depression as her voice is always low and monotone ,no enthusiasm or change in tone ,feel a bit sorry for her to be honest
I think you could well be onto something there, as there's clearly something missing in her day to day life. The cruise isn't until next January, which is a long time ahead. It could well be there's nothing much on the horizon for her until that time comes, hence why she's buying stuff with Christmas in mind now. I briefly thought that perhaps due to financial constraints that perhaps a holiday this year was off the cards, but let's face it, with the amount of money she's frittering away on what seems like a daily basis, she could've afforded a couple of weeks in the Bahamas! Yes ok, she's probably been there, done that, and most certainly will be going there next year, but perhaps a city break somewhere would help - who knows? Goes to show that having money to spend does not create happiness, and seeing her out of control spending is kinda sad!
If she was a part of our forum, I'm pretty sure that someone would've picked up on this, and maybe she'd be able to talk about her worries. On Qurio, they don't care less unless you're spending!

I guess that she could use the leg master to hang all her numerous purchases of tops on, if she decides she can’t be bothered to use it.

I think you could well be onto something there, as there's clearly something missing in her day to day life. The cruise isn't until next January, which is a long time ahead. It could well be there's nothing much on the horizon for her until that time comes, hence why she's buying stuff with Christmas in mind now. I briefly thought that perhaps due to financial constraints that perhaps a holiday this year was off the cards, but let's face it, with the amount of money she's frittering away on what seems like a daily basis, she could've afforded a couple of weeks in the Bahamas! Yes ok, she's probably been there, done that, and most certainly will be going there next year, but perhaps a city break somewhere would help - who knows? Goes to show that having money to spend does not create happiness, and seeing her out of control spending is kinda sad!
If she was a part of our forum, I'm pretty sure that someone would've picked up on this, and maybe she'd be able to talk about her worries. On Qurio, they don't care less unless you're spending!
Thinking about it this does make sense. If she is depressed no amount of trivial purchases from QVC will help. I also think that she’s building up this cruise so much she’s going to be really down afterwards with nothing to look forward to.

You would be depressed if you totted up the P&P costs on the ‘bargain’ items.They are nearly as much as the item itself.£76 for the leg thing is that to get in shape for the cruise?We demand an update!

She’s not stopping at the legmaster, the throw and the Cozee home unicorn. She’s now ordered some Harry Slatkin candles. She must live in an enormous house to store all the things she‘s been buying.

She needs an intervention. I wish she would join shopping telly, we could talk her down from the manic buying.
She certainly does, and as easy as it would be to place a few well considered words in the comments section , we all know what will happen. It will be met with indignant anger and a banning . There’s absolutely no point in contacting Q with this sort of concern as I’ve done that in the past and they’ve said they would only intervene if you were a close family member.
It’s not difficult to see a massive problem here, the recent Doll 10 concealer review is testament to that. She’s already got a full bottle of the stuff, but because she was able to get another with a couple of quid shaved off, she bought it, despite them not having her colour in stock. She bought a darker shade cause it might be ok on holiday and will fit in her bag, she hasn’t even opened it to check because she wants to preserve the shelf life. She’s gonna need a bigger bag soon.
I’ve also noticed that she’s calling on the other spendaholics “look Nicola , more of those candle jars” “Erika why don’t you buy unicorns for your girls” I guess she thinks she’s being helpful, but let’s face it, this is NOT the sort of help that they, or she needs - far from it!

Last edited:
Maybe this what I called indiscriminate shopping and spending serious amounts of money that Hyacinth engages in are a distraction from other things in her life? Perhaps serious illness or she may at the moment be a volunteer spending huge amounts of time sorting shipments for Ukraine?Other than that I would be seriously ashamed of myself if I was switching on the news and then continually waxing lyrical about tat from QVC to my mates on Qurio, appropriate? Not!

Well I hope it isn’t for Ukraine as what those people need is basics not Q tat or gloop. For one small bottle from Q you could buy 40 basic shower gels from any other store.

I was pleased to see Martin from Homes under the hammer going and begging for basics and feminine products to put in his van to drive to the Polish border,

Latest posts

Back