QVC catchphrases quiz

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Can you guess a QVC presenter or guest by their catchphrase, which they probably don't even realise they have?

I can only think of 2 1/2 as I no longer watch live QVC, but I hope lots of others will put some up.

The 1/2 is because I only half remember it, from many years ago by Tim Goodwin. At the end of his demos, he would point to the item and say something like "And that's what it's all about" - - - - can anyone remember exactly?

Now for my 2 quiz questions - - - -

(1) and and and and and and and

(2) Will I need an umbrella tomorrow?
1. Simon Biagi
2. Lee Hohbein

oops, edited - I replied before seeing others have beaten me to it, sorry !

And who said "I'm never going to work with you again Charlie"?

In fact, she never even worked for QVC again!

And on the same theme, who said "He's as ill as a newt" and he also never worked for QVC again either! And who was he talking about?

Both of these are from about 10 years ago.

And on the same theme, who said "He's as ill as a newt" and he also never worked for QVC again either! And who was he talking about?

Thought you hardly ever watched 🤔🤭😂

This was another event I saw live, many years ago.

Tim Goodwin had done his show, and Julian Ballantyne was supposed to be on next.

But then it was announced that Julian was ill, so Tim would be doing the show instead.

When Tim came on, he was obviously very put out as he probably had other plans outside work. So he "joked" that he'd taken over the show because Julian was "ill as a newt".

His joke must have backfired with the "powers that be" as I never saw Tim on QVC again, and he was my favourite presenter for tech. Presumably he was sacked for casting aspersions at Julian, implying he was drunk.

This was another event I saw live, many years ago.

Tim Goodwin had done his show, and Julian Ballantyne was supposed to be on next.

But then it was announced that Julian was ill, so Tim would be doing the show instead.

When Tim came on, he was obviously very put out as he probably had other plans outside work. So he "joked" that he'd taken over the show because Julian was "ill as a newt".

His joke must have backfired with the "powers that be" as I never saw Tim on QVC again, and he was my favourite presenter for tech. Presumably he was sacked for casting aspersions at Julian, implying he was drunk.
I really miss Julian 😢

Ill as a newt - wasn't that said about Julian B by a guest? I seem to recall he was involved...

Thought Tim left around the time certain presenters were being asked to present all the categories of QVC stock.
I maybe wrong but at the time didn’t Jill move from just fitness to everything else.

Thought Tim left around the time certain presenters were being asked to present all the categories of QVC stock.
I maybe wrong but at the time didn’t Jill move from just fitness to everything else.
All I know is that I used to watch avidly in those days, especially tech with Tim (SOHO etc) and I never saw him again after his remark.

Latest posts

Back