QVC changes

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

She said during Kipling show that over half of orders are made through q cut. That is a big proportion considering there is CS, the website and the app, which I think confirms what we all think about the s***e website

The sales targets debate keeps returning. Even if they don't get told - "you have to sell X in your hour's presentation at 8pm" or some such, I am sure they are at the very least measured on how successful their hours are.

I have said a number of times quite recently as well. If you want to make sure you get your order in and easy pay etc. Use QCut its actually the safest and simplest way to buy from QVC.

Using the App or website people have lost orders has they didn't go through properly and or both went down. I had an item on easy pay which I picked online go through without it, of course you don't know until later and CS can do nothing about it. Always too late!!! I was lucky I had enough in my account to cover the whole thing. Oh and if you phone to order via a real CS person they try to upload other items on you. They never used to do that, now its would you like the Molton Brown whatever? NO.

"The customers know everything about QVC," says Vallow. "But they really want to meet the guest presenters and they talk to them like they're friends. The feedback we have is, 'I don't feel lonely when I'm watching' or, 'I feel like I've got a friend in the house'. It's all built on trust really."

In an industry known for selling snake oil and false promises, it's easy to see why that is a very attractive prospect.
- from the above link.

Really? Now there's a surprise. :mysmilie_50:

Someone on a Facebook group put this up from The Independent so I went to the online paper and copied. This I do believe is will making interesting reading.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...ggest-players-in-british-beauty-a6731806.html

Even mentions the Elemis TSV for today.

Wonder how much QVC paid them for that little piece? It's not true about the ASA because I've heard QVC say things like "you can only buy it here at QVC" "this colour is exclusive to QVC" "you can't buy it anywhere cheaper than QVC" all wrong, so they obviously don't give a stuff about the ASA, pretty much like BidTv who were fined 142 times by the ASA while on TV trading, so I suppose their mantra was the same as QVCs, sell first answer questions second.

I think the other presenters do what they have to do and then go home and lead a life outside of QVC. DF seems to be the exception and instead of working to live she seems to live to work. Sooner or later, as Selly Telly says on her post, DF will no doubt overstep the mark, she must have been sailing very close to the wind when she pulled her BCC auction stunt but like all cats, she might have 9 lives but one day her luck will run out.
Her webchat tonight was so contrived, she`d rallied the troops from BTY and her other groups but on the webchat thread, it was quite often the same people talking and over and over,obviously trying to make the thread look a huge success and in return making her look a huge success too. It was also full of personal comments praising her photo, dress, looks and so on, yet again her faithful had come to her aid, in fact it was cringeworthy.
I should imagine her fellow presenters simply sit back, allow her to carry on digging a bigger and bigger hole until one day she falls into it and is buried under a massive amount of sh*t.

I prefer not to get to personal on presenters but am now getting rather irritated by all this!! My main gripe is it's the same old, same old boring people that seem to appear on 'Social Media'! Surely Debbie must see this and as a "SM pro" should try to sort it out for everyone, yes!!? The freebies is bit of a joke too, if true. As said before, being a very long term customer + never been partial to a FREEBIE!! :mysmilie_5:

Julia has just said she knows that people are annoyed at them twatting but that this is the joy of live interactive and she would do it nevertheless .

Was she going to twatt about Clarks boots, no, she was going to twatt about a glittery top someone was wearing.

Julia has just said she knows that people are annoyed at them twatting but that this is the joy of live interactive and she would do it nevertheless .

Was she going to twatt about Clarks boots, no, she was going to twatt about a glittery top someone was wearing.

Why on earth do they carry on doing it when they know it annoys people? I don't care if they tweet when they are off air but when they are presenting a show, it should be all about what they are actually presenting, not about what some deadbeat thinks of something unrelated. I wish someone would hack into their daft Twatter account and crash it.

Latest posts

Back