QVC changes

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Welcome to the forum Joodrops and enjoy posting here. I rarely look on QVC's Facebook page, but went and had a nose today with all the discussion on here about what is going on over there and it strikes me that QVC are busily shooting themselves in the foot, alienating their customers with rules and removing posts. I'm not a fan of Facebook either and just use it to supplement contact with a few friends and family who live a long way away.

I'm now officially bewildered.

BTY becomes a closed group, so QVC announces they will no longer be associated with it... meaning, one would assume, that it's no longer treated as "part" of QVC's communication/social media activity.
DF announces that she's allowed to do "sneaky peeks" etc as she's employed by QVC and it's part of her job - which is fair enough when she is doing it on official QVC platforms (QVC community blogs, QVC twitter, QVC facebook). But surely that doesn't now include BTY?

Of course, with all these FB sites becoming closed groups there is no opportunity to see just how far they are circumventing the rules they are clamouring to have others obey... and anyone who objects will doubtless be summarily ejected from those closed groups ensuring no leaks and no dissent.

They aren't using social media any more... they are using anti-social media.

And welcome to Joo-drops! Excellent first post :mysmilie_59:

ive been doin this for 10 years at the end of march so i really cant be stopped as i know a thing or two i think loool

I'd just (in the words of QVCs most flogged tat) let it go, they're not going to let you do it anymore rightly or wrongly, so just accept it and move on. There seems to be a lot of newbies coming on here to get your TSV leaks (hallo) so carry on doing it for them, QVC can't stop you here........I think.

I won't be buying anything when DF is presenting because it is all about the sale figures and that is why she is going full out to sell sell sell by any means and however she has to stab in the back.

Welcome to the forum Joo-drops, nice first post! Amazing what topics can tempt people out of the shadows of lurking & into the light of joining in & posting! Obviously got you pretty cross, can't say I blame you either

:mysmilie_59:

I won't be buying anything when DF is presenting because it is all about the sale figures and that is why she is going full out to sell sell sell by any means and however she has to stab in the back.

I've felt like that for a while and if she is presenting I make a point of buying at other times if it's an item I want to buy.

I have been monitoring what has been happening with QVC on Facebook.

QVC are well within their rights to make changes as to what they want posted on their own Facebook page and they have chosen to do this. Personally I am surprised they stood for people revealing TSV's etc....on their page for as long as they did.

What I am baffled at is that BTY became a closed group and therefore not affiliated with QVC any longer as it is not open for all to see so why are presenters and guests revealing items on BTY? They should be doing so on QVC's official FB page or their own FB page if they have one as they are open for all to see, this should be done on those pages within the timeline of reveals that QVC allows.

As for items being revealed on here, this can of course continue, QVC would need to sort out their website to remove items from being found when numbers are searched, in order for our several super sleuths to be stopped.

Please remember this issue is not just about one person posting or one presenter, it is about many factors!

I think, if we take it away from being an issue of any particular presenter or poster, it's the inconsistency of what appears to be going on which is in equal measure confusing and infuriating.

QVC seem to be approaching this all wrong, which indicates to me that they neither understand the current situation, nor how to manage their social media activities effectively.

Thanks for that, Sazza. I was getting confused, having speed-read this thread (all 11+pages - the subject has clearly grabbed our attention!) and I was just about to ask why it was being assumed QVC could stop TSV reveals on this forum, over which they have no control. So appreciate your clarifying ... that they can't!

People will just migrate away from Q`s main fb page, some towards DF`s groups, some towards specific brand groups, I believe kipling fans and Laura geller fans are 2 of them and there are newer groups popping up by the minute so for now Q`s page will die a death.
The only problem when people migrate, is you still have personality clashes or over zealous admin or the page becomes too serious, just item after item etc which results in folk getting bored.
Only a well organised spin off group with the right balance will stop people from eventually returning to QVC`s page and I suspect that`s exactly what QVC are banking on.

Thanks for that, Sazza. I was getting confused, having speed-read this thread (all 11+pages - the subject has clearly grabbed our attention!) and I was just about to ask why it was being assumed QVC could stop TSV reveals on this forum, over which they have no control. So appreciate your clarifying ... that they can't!

Understandable people got a bit wound up .A poster appeared on the first page of this thread who inferred Q would stop the information getting out to this site ..Seems like the poster fully intended to wind us up.

Think Q does need to get control over its Facebook pages and ban closed groups or specific presenter groups.

It's a very odd way to run things, allowing one member of staff to have exclusivity, I mean I'm sure Chuntley would love a piece loving QVC and "technology" as much as she does. Must just be that social media and work is DFs whole life, how sad.

What I am baffled at is that BTY became a closed group and therefore not affiliated with QVC any longer as it is not open for all to see so why are presenters and guests revealing items on BTY? They should be doing so on QVC's official FB page or their own FB page if they have one as they are open for all to see, this should be done on those pages within the timeline of reveals that QVC allows.

I guess it's because they know that BTY is a heavily censored safe haven so no criticism will be allowed, only adulation.

But why don't they have the confidence in the product to override this?

BTY now equals North Korea with DF playing the part of Yong Kim(the real YK is busy designing and making his famous fashion range which appears on QVC:mysmilie_15:). A closed very heavily censured group with banning hanging over every member(apart from Sharon Harvey of course). Which still has the live web chats which strangely still don't make it to the official QVC page. Certain members getting TSVs(beauty), before their release. Oh, wasn't that just presenters who used to get those to try first???? To enable them to review and say how wonderful on their FB page group, which has also suddenly gone private members only.

I feel exactly the same. Mind you, it is easy as I can very rarely watch her!

Latest posts

Back