QVC changes

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hi everyone, I rarely post in this section of the forums so my opinion may be lacking in informed quality, however it just seems mental to only advertise to less people (bty group)

There is a definite agenda in play.

it's like they hate their audience.

QVC seem to be acting like a Nanny State over this and as I feel that some of their actions are pretty childish, the word 'Nanny' seems to fit quite well.

I don't follow them on FB because I don't have, and don't want a FB account, but I don't need to follow them because of the excellent posts on here giving us the 'heads up' about what's been going on.

I rarely bother to stay up for the TSVs (my fixation with the channel is well and truly over) but I do appreciate the information that Ian, Sazza and Autumn give us about them in advance because I know which ones to ignore and which TSVs might be of interest. Their posts, plus those of others, have saved me hundreds of pounds over the months.

Why BTY is able to disclose details, heaven only knows, as it's not longer 'associated' with QVC, but with DF at the helm it's no real surprise, I suppose, as she seems to be wearing the Cloak of Superiority and obviously needs it to draw in more sycophantic 'fans.' I, for one, no longer watch shows that she presents because her style is too overbearing etc and the one thing I will not tolerate is to feel pressurized into doing anything that I don't want to do. I am my own woman and do not need to be told that I MUST have something when I don't need it.

So ....... unfortunately, my post lady, the lollipop man, the dustman etc etc will be ignored by me as far as 'must have' gifts from QVC are concerned.

To the team who do let us know what is going to be on QVC in advance (namely TSVs, OTOs) keep up the good work because I, like so many others, really appreciate it.

I think they have quite a lot of contempt for their audience, mr tom. Perhaps someone new has come into power, and he/she is a maniac of some kind!!! Perhaps the one presenter just bangs on and on so much people just cave in to her megalomania.

I am not on FB so do not understand (nor have any interest in) how all these groups work. However I fail to understand how one presenter has the advance information and the right to publish it. If anyone is putting scoops out (with Q's blessing) surely it should be Will Gowing?? I mean he is their Q-Cam person isn't he?? His little videos pop up on Youtube..... And where is the resident beauty expert in all this?

If Andrew Bagley was persuaded to leak the Gatineau TSV on Del Boy's bty page as posted upthread, then he should have ensured they released it immediately on the Q page or refused to have it posted on the bty page until approved by Q. Not just because Del Boy is such a persuasive charmer (LOL big time!!!).

imho, DBF has expanded her empire too wide and too fast so she should be careful. She's an employee, after all, and no-one is indispensible. The more power she thinks she has, the more there will be wolves snapping at her heels and no amount of censorship will be able to stop them eventually getting to her so watch this space. Nobody is that clever and it'll be interesting to see what happens when the bubble bursts.

Of course she will have my undying concern and sympathy.

:mysmilie_853:

I just can't understand why one presenter wields so much power and influence, the others are nowhere near so power mad. I wonder sometimes at the conversations they must have between themselves and the atmosphere it must create in the organisation as no-one can be blind at to what is going on.

I think you will find that QVC are taking action to stop him gaining access to information he isn't entitled to! He doesn't work for them so not sure how he gets his information anyway!

So what's your problem? I don't shop with QVC after twenty years and it doesn't bother me so why let it bother you or Debbie Flint? Which by the way, she's one of the reasons I closed my account two years ago with her hard sell and "get yours! get yours now!" So you can tell her, the people that want to know the TSVs will be over here and guaranteed they'll have fake profiles so your master doesn't banish them.........now grow up!

They will kill their own facebook page but maybe that`s what they want, let DF do their donkey work for them ? Does it really matter when/how people find out about tsv`s because every tsv sold is still money in their pocket whether they find out on here, anywhere else or on qvc facebook page ?

Agree totally!! Also, who really cares about when and who gets what, after all it's only beauty items!! You would think that's it's the winning lotto numbers or something much more important! Frankly, couldn't give a monkeys, much more important stuff to care about :mysmilie_43:

In my honest opinion it would appear that Ms Flint has somehow managed to get hold of a very large mouldering lump of s**t with regards to someone in management, now with her Svengali status on the rise and her cult firmly established, she has decided for whatever reason that this is the ideal time to flex her muscles and strike.

I really can't figure out why else the QVC management team would be so anxious to placate such a polarising and divisive figure. Firstly it was all the self promotion in relation to her various books, next allowing her Facebook groups/ fanclubs/cults whatever they actually are, to grow completely out of control & unchecked, now for some reason known only to themselves they appear to have handed her the freedom to dictate and control the company's Facebook pages.

Having worked for far too many years in a large multinational conglomerate this is something which I have seen more time than I truly care to remember. Problem being it eventually ends badly for the person trying it on. If this is the case, I really hope she has enough sense to ensure that someone is watching her back, as somewhere along the line the company will eventually have the knives out for her.

Also raises the question how long will the other presenters stand by and allow this to continue before they step in and say something to management, because surely it must be having some kind of knock on effect to them. How long before she starts dictating what they can and can't say on their blogs, Facebook, Twitter? Could a presenter mutiny be on the horizon?

I think the other presenters do what they have to do and then go home and lead a life outside of QVC. DF seems to be the exception and instead of working to live she seems to live to work. Sooner or later, as Selly Telly says on her post, DF will no doubt overstep the mark, she must have been sailing very close to the wind when she pulled her BCC auction stunt but like all cats, she might have 9 lives but one day her luck will run out.
Her webchat tonight was so contrived, she`d rallied the troops from BTY and her other groups but on the webchat thread, it was quite often the same people talking and over and over,obviously trying to make the thread look a huge success and in return making her look a huge success too. It was also full of personal comments praising her photo, dress, looks and so on, yet again her faithful had come to her aid, in fact it was cringeworthy.
I should imagine her fellow presenters simply sit back, allow her to carry on digging a bigger and bigger hole until one day she falls into it and is buried under a massive amount of sh*t.

I did not see it at the time and unfortunately no one took took a screen shot on the QVC FB page at the time. But it seems DF posted this(I am assuming she was p*ssed at the time), ramble about how much she LOVED QVC and her job. How she also LOVED HER BOSS!!! Now it was deleted pretty quickly by her or others??? But quite a few did see it. Giving raise to the nature of her what exact was the love for her boss?:thinking::mysmilie_845:

Ah well Donna that would explain why she gets all this preferential treatment I suppose, I'm suspecting the boss loves a good butt kissing because I couldn't see it being reciprocated, one they're obviously sane enough to be the boss of the U.K. franchise of a global company and two, she wouldn't be able to donate every spare second of her time to her main real love, social media.

Maybe by saying how much she loves her boss and Q she's covering her back . She has got too big for her boots and probably knows it.

As Vienna says ,she may have the lives of a cat but sooner or later things will catch up with her.Her antics will start to really irritate the powers that be ,it's inevitable.

Its like office politics,sooner ar later things have to be sorted out. Too much squabbling is bad for staff morale.

I did not see it at the time and unfortunately no one took took a screen shot on the QVC FB page at the time. But it seems DF posted this(I am assuming she was p*ssed at the time), ramble about how much she LOVED QVC and her job. How she also LOVED HER BOSS!!! Now it was deleted pretty quickly by her or others??? But quite a few did see it. Giving raise to the nature of her what exact was the love for her boss?:thinking::mysmilie_845:

A thought that has no doubt crossed at least a few minds, even without that post.

I am so fed up with many aspects of DF's presenting style on QVC . I can obviously ignore reading her blogs etc because they leave me feeling slightly nauseous - maybe it's my problem but I find self-centred, self promoters a huge turn off. It becomes more difficult when it comes to when she is presenting and I have an interest in the product. There she stands, pumped up full of self importance, instructing me to make my purchase! I can't stand it anymore. I have therefore decided not to order in her slots. I will take the risk of a product being sold out and order at another time rather than following instructions from a salesperson. I should add that I have full respect for salespeople but hasten to add not ones who patronise me or instruct me!

It is precisely because of the way we get spoken to that I so often have QVC on, when it's on, on mute. I shop more on their admittedly rubbish website. As it is, I'm watching significantly less, and shopping significantly less.

Like you, Evie, it gets my hackles up when I feel I'm being patronised, or told what to do.

Another thing which QVC are not at all in control of is the amount of their TSVs which go straight onto eBay even before the TSV day is over.

They used to put a much lower limit on quantities you could buy, I recall. Some were even only one per customer.

These days the limit is 10 I think. With the best will in the world, they aren't going to be for personal use... some will be buying them for friends and family, or for presents... but the evidence is clearly there that some of it is there to go onto eBay.

So if QVC is going to try and do a King Canute with the social media - are they also going to try and do the same with the stuff being sold on eBay???

Let's face it, many a time people who missed the TSV have been able to buy some or all of the TSV contents at better than QVC prices on eBay.

QVC really do need to stop doing silly knee-jerk reactions without thinking through the logic and consequences of what they are doing, and ensuring they have the processes, staff, and motivation to see such things through. And they need to be consistent in their application, not selective.

Last edited:
It will all end in tears and not mine, either. I reckon the knives are already out. Have to be.

I looked on their FB page this morning in a moment of weakness and there was a photo of DF, I think linking to her webchat, and the only comment I could see was complimenting DF on how fab she looked! I left the page forthwith. I was only interested to see if the Gatineau TSV had made it onto their page having been released at least 2 days ago by Andrew on his own page...... Needless to say I could see nothing!

I record shows I know I will be interested in so I can fast forward if the presenter is ghastly. I like to hear a presentation of any TSV I might be buying plus all YC shows. When DF or JF is presenting I can get through a YC hour in about 10 minutes, lol.

I have therefore decided not to order in her slots. I will take the risk of a product being sold out and order at another time rather than following instructions from a salesperson.
I don't buy in her slots either and found the way around it without risking the item to sell out.
I put it in my basket and it's secured for 30 minutes, if I need more time, I add another item to the basket as to 'refresh' it for another 30 minutes and so on, 'add' or 'deduct' an item keeps the basket activated.

Latest posts

Back