QVC in the Daily Mail

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Not a very flattering picture of Lulu, she looks rather bewildered.

Seen a full page add in Grazia this week for QVC. So they are def trying for a more hip beauty buying audience, all the produces Elemis,Decleor etc.

So the normal QVC shopper is unemployed or used to be. WOW!!!!! I really must have been dreaming about my place of work since 1997 when I started watching.

But of course this is from the Daily Heil.

I love it, the "25 ODD presenters, a cross between Generation Game hostesses and air stewards"! And they called Julia R a "54 year old glamourpuss"!
My guess the blonde is Claire, by the other comments on the pasted on smile.

So the normal QVC shopper is unemployed or used to be. WOW!!!!! I really must have been dreaming about my place of work since 1997 when I started watching.

No mention of being unemployed, in the article:

"Far from being the last resort of the underemployed, QVC is now adored by the middle classes too."

There is a difference between being unemployed and being underemployed. Some would say that many people at work are underemployed.

At least we now know the name of the person responsible for QVC's 'fashion': Judy Deuchar, director of merchandising . I bet Ms Deuchar (39) doesn't wear any QVC garments such as those from Kim & Co, Michelle Hopeless, or from Lennie Whatsit.:wonder:

But of course this is from the Daily Heil.
Where does it say that?? I read "underemployed" which has a different meaning altogether. You may be on the 'we hate the Mail' bandwagon :yawn: but it would be wise to quote the paper accurately if you're going to knock it. Tbh I can't figure out why so many people who insist they hate the Mail actually read it. :taphead:
mysmilie_55.gif

Snap Minnehaha!!

Article here http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...sses-7million-viewers-1million-day-sales.html

They've used mostly US examples but our Lulu features too. Well I never!

I wonder who the 'perfectly coiffeured blonde' is...

Attica x

I love the way people think QVC is the guilty pleasure of the Jeremy Kyle watching unemployed. QVC is an expensive shop! Not many people would pay the kind of money QVC charge for face wash, shower gel and shampoo. You either need a full time job or be a lady who lunches to be able to afford to shop there!

I was knocked sideways by how much money they are making-despite their sometimes woeful customer service! And I also vote for it being claire they are talking about-she does tend to use loads of adjectives all in one go.

I have to say that I have always found their customer service to be of a really high standard. Perhaps I have just been lucky?

according to the comments under the article someone is still managing to buy molton brown from QVC in december 2010

The last review on the article at the bottom says....

Lizzie ~ phone calls are free to QVC, no matter how long you are on, and the operators are brilliant.

P&P prices are clearly displayed and are set by the mail service, not QVC. Returns are free if you arrange a pick-up, else you ring and request a returns label at no cost.

I buy Molton Brown products from QVC, and MB employees do too, because QVC prices are cheaper than from their own salons. The 'easy pay' option is very good too.
- Debs, Burnley, 09/12/2010 19:03

Huh??? When was the last time Molton Brown was sold on QVC??!! I get the feeling Debs from Burnley hasn't shopped with them for a while!

Since when has the P&P prices been set by the mail service and not QVC??? 'P&P is free if you request a returns label'?? Isn't that only if you give them a good enough reason, as in, faulty? If P&P is free to return items then we're all missing out a trick here!

I have never quite got my head around how the Daily mail defines "middle class" they use the term a lot I never know if it is in reference to income , education, being in professional employment or just having a particular attitude or agreeing with the values espoused by the Mail?

I reckon its just another marketing ploy by QVC to gain more customers ! all part of the slippery slope since they started flogging CDs Mind you, using Lulu in the 'campaign' is probably not such a good move !!!!!

Latest posts

Back