QVC No Quibble Money Back Guarantee .... as long as you don't send too much back

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I should add that, with my last two returns, I have had to ring customer services and request the missing p&p. On the last occasion, when I raised the matter of the p&p, the CS operator apologised, commenting that I should have had it refunded automatically because I had returned it under the DSR. So QVC staff have been made aware.

Snap. I've had to chase the P&P element lately; I wonder whether they are 'trying it on' notwithstanding I print in big black marker on the returns slip !

I just had a call from a lady called Jackie from the CEO's office in Liverpool to tell me that I haven't been forgotten and she is having a meeting with the finance team to find out why my account was closed. WTF!!?? I said you know why it was closed, because of my returns, but then she said there were some other points in my letter that she wanted to discuss with them but the meeting couldn't take place until towards the end of this month and then she will respond to my letter. So they are going through the motions but I'm not expecting a different outcome.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________

:wave:Sue, any news yet from the Big Boss Boyd?

Jay

Hi Jay, thankyou for asking hon but no contact yet which is about par for the course with CS at QVC, although I expected more efficiency from the CEO's office. I will chase it myself this week although previous attempts to contact this ellusive office have been rendered futile.

I should add that, with my last two returns, I have had to ring customer services and request the missing p&p. On the last occasion, when I raised the matter of the p&p, the CS operator apologised, commenting that I should have had it refunded automatically because I had returned it under the DSR. So QVC staff have been made aware.

Snap. I've had to chase the P&P element lately; I wonder whether they are 'trying it on' notwithstanding I print in big black marker on the returns slip !

Does it take longer to get a refund when sent back under DSR?I have previously had my money refunded quickly .I sent something back for the first time under DSR and they are taking ages to refund me.

Hi Jay, thankyou for asking hon but no contact yet which is about par for the course with CS at QVC, although I expected more efficiency from the CEO's office. I will chase it myself this week although previous attempts to contact this ellusive office have been rendered futile.

That's disgusting: I bet Trading Standards would be VERY interested in what you have to say.

Does it take longer to get a refund when sent back under DSR?I have previously had my money refunded quickly .I sent something back for the first time under DSR and they are taking ages to refund me.

:wave:Wrongside, my refunds have taken between three to five days after my returning the item via special delivery. Hope that this helps.

Jay

Well, after sending off my return last monday and not hearing from them I emailed yesterday just to remind them and what do I get this morning? First the automated email telling my they've received my return and will refund me. But THEN I get a replay email from customer service telling me that, yes, they have received my return but JUST IMAGINE they forgot the P&P and will refund that straight away.

So all's well but I' glad I chased them up even before the issue arose.

I think I might be next for the chop.
I'm sending a laptop back today and I have already sent a pilates machine back this year.
I can't help it if I'm not a weightlifter or stupidly expected a new laptop to be faster than one I've had for 4 years....:wonder:
I'm disgruntled because I posted a review about the pilates machine (factual and not contravening guidleines that I could see) which wasn't accepted and I posted a support question about the laptop and that wasn't accepted either and no-one contacted me about the support issue either even though the rejection email said that they would. :devil:

A review on the Mary Portas site mentions the cause of QVC closing accounts :

People complaing about the 30 day mbg saying that you get your account closed if you send to many things back.
I spoke to QVC about this and told me it is people that are repeatedly buying and using things completetly and then sendning them back for a refund.
Therefore never actually paying for anything.
Particularily expensive cosmetics.
Oredering two sizes in clothing is quite acceptable and sending the one back that doesn’t fit is fine.
Where else can you try things and send bk if not suit

So according to this QVC buyer it looks like there's no limit on clothing returns if your ordering to see which size suits.

How would it be then if we ordered couple of foundations to see which shade suited.
or
Two sets of bedding to see which we prefer.
or
Which size of footwear is the correct fit out of the two we order.
or
Two crafting kits to see which we can make the best cards from.
or
Two rings in different sizes to see which fits the best.

No according to the reviewer CS says non of these would be acceptable because it's not clothing that your ordering two of to check on the size.

Should the review all so have said that CS are really happy for you to return clothing as they'll easily flog it on to a another poor soul as new ?

:doh:

If QVC don't want people to order cosmetics and use most of it and send it back then they shouldn't advertise that you're able to "make full use of the 30 day money back guarantee" then should they?
903510.gif

I do not understand this at all. Since being a member of this site I have seen a few people start threads when the threat has been made but never believed that anyone would actually have their account closed. It has raised the following questions:
1. What happens if your returns are due to faulty/used/incorrect goods? This has happened to me on numerous occasions, so must happen to others but all of these returns which are not the customer's fault must count, I guess?

2. Even if what QVC are doing is legal (I am guessing they are basically closing their little club to members who are said to break house rules) the fact that they flaunt the 30 MBG and then penalise people for using it should surely go against trades description, distance selling or guarantees provided through banking....

I wonder what percentage of returns counts as too many and I also wonder if it is triggered by the reason for the return eg"Changed mind". I return quite a few things for various reasons including things I don' t like when I see them in the flesh but I never use "Changed mind" as the reason.

A review on the Mary Portas site mentions the cause of QVC closing accounts :

People complaing about the 30 day mbg saying that you get your account closed if you send to many things back.
I spoke to QVC about this and told me it is people that are repeatedly buying and using things completetly and then sendning them back for a refund.
Therefore never actually paying for anything.
Particularily expensive cosmetics.
Oredering two sizes in clothing is quite acceptable and sending the one back that doesn’t fit is fine.
Where else can you try things and send bk if not suit

So according to this QVC buyer it looks like there's no limit on clothing returns if your ordering to see which size suits.

How would it be then if we ordered couple of foundations to see which shade suited.
or
Two sets of bedding to see which we prefer.
or
Which size of footwear is the correct fit out of the two we order.
or
Two crafting kits to see which we can make the best cards from.
or
Two rings in different sizes to see which fits the best.

No according to the reviewer CS says non of these would be acceptable because it's not clothing that your ordering two of to check on the size.

Should the review all so have said that CS are really happy for you to return clothing as they'll easily flog it on to a another poor soul as new ?

:doh:
The point is that goods which are sold and then returned cannot be put back into the warehouse and re sold as they are legally not new. They may be sold in an outlet store as "returns" but often the price in the outlet doesn't cover the cost of the item so the company is losing money.

Chain stores such as M&S resell returned goods at the current selling price if they are returned in perfect condition / packaging in tact (excluding personal and persihable items); if they're slightly below this standard they may be sold in store as "imperfect" (soiled and damaged in M&S speak) below that they'll end up in the staff shop or disposed of.

There's no legal standard I'm aware of. Clothes tried on in changing rooms are returned to store rails when they've been given the once over - this is the same as QVC sending out returned garments...they just don't seem to inspect them adequately and fail to spot the tea-bag in the pocket occasionally. :happy:

Jude xx

Latest posts

Back