QVC No Quibble Money Back Guarantee .... as long as you don't send too much back

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Apparently the returns thing was a mixup and my fault, so CS says. I was supposed to ring them and inform them of every mistake, faulty, broken, wrong item instead of writing it on the returns slip and quietly just sending back the package. I was under the naive impression that someone read the returns slips, but again the CS person I spoke too said they were very rarely read as there isn't enough time. That would explain why I never received replacements when asked for on a slip, you were supposed to phone them. It also explains why sometimes a returns slip found its way into a package that was sent out to someone else - but then of course sending out returned goods as new never happens!

Not your fault: they send out return slips for you to complete that they then don't read on the parcel's return. How is that your fault?

It seems that QVC have a number of half-baked and vague policies in place, and when questioned will rush to blame the customer, rather than taking responsibility for the issue to sort it and ensure the customer comes back to shop again. That is NOT good customer service.

QVC compares itself to a department store; well, I've worked in a couple in my time, and customer service staff would not behave in the way that QVC's do routinely on a daily basis.

concordia;419564 I was under the naive impression that someone read the returns slips said:
I think that is a load of bolony because people on here would be complaining about refunds not being honoured. They are saying the first thing that comes into their heads I think.

I think that is a load of bolony because people on here would be complaining about refunds not being honoured. They are saying the first thing that comes into their heads I think.

I agree. What a load of old shite. Its their responsibility to the customer to read the return slips. Can't say I have ever had a problem with that & always had things replaced correctly. It depends who you get on the end of the phone I think. Some are really helpful but others are the snottiest, laziest individuals who couldn't give a rats !!!! about customer relations.:mysmilie_365:

I hope this thread and the FB content relating to it is pointed out to Mr Boyd and he will instruct his operations executives to put some better CS practices in place. I doubt it will happen though....:thinking:

I think what I was trying to say is that no one sits down and reads the comments or the reasons why the item was returned, they look at refund at the bottom. Maybe I was just unlucky with replacements.

I've twice ticked the 'Replacement' box, and both times been refunded instead. This is despite the item still being in stock. It makes me think that they either don't read the slips carefully, or that they don't read them at all.

Try this - I can access QVC's FB page without logging in:

http://www.facebook.com/QVC#!/QVC?v=wall

Then select "just others" - is above the wall post entries.

Thanks for all your help, Klarion. However, still no joy; I checked 'properties', and a message appeared informing me that 'connection [was] not available'. All that is available to me is the QVC page - and that's full of puff.:headbang:

Shall have to hear about progress on this matter, and Le Q's justification of its poor practices, via other posters on ST.com.:mysmilie_486:

Jay

Considering the expensive P&P charge from them and the cost of returning stuff, I doubt that too many people waste money ordering stuff that they dont really want, just for the fun of it. Maybe they are hoping that people are posting about this in an attempt to deter people from sending stuff back and keep stuff they are not really wanting to keep. I don't buy much from them now and if they wanted to close my account, I wouldn't slash my wrists over it, they are not the only retail outlet.

I just had a call from a lady called Jackie from the CEO's office in Liverpool to tell me that I haven't been forgotten and she is having a meeting with the finance team to find out why my account was closed. WTF!!?? I said you know why it was closed, because of my returns, but then she said there were some other points in my letter that she wanted to discuss with them but the meeting couldn't take place until towards the end of this month and then she will respond to my letter. So they are going through the motions but I'm not expecting a different outcome.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________

QVC Returns and Distant Selling Regulations

QVC do shout loud and clear about their 30 day No Quibble Money Back Guarantee but they do not loudly proclaim about the Distance Selling Regulations which are law in the U.K.
Briefly, you can return an unwanted item, does not have to be faulty, within seven days of receipt - of course, in the condition it was received in - and are then entitled to a refund of not only the cost of the item, but also the P & P has to be refunded. However, the item has to be returned at your own expense.
QVC do stipulate that you must first contact them - telephone or email advising of your dis-satisfaction and asking for a refund under the Seven Day Distant Selling Rules. When I read reviews of items, quite a few people state, oh, it was not what I expected, it was horrible and I returned it the same day for a refund but of course, I lost out on the high postage charges that QVC impose to send the item out.
Perhaps QVC do not want this law advertised, they prefer to spout about the 30 day No Quibble - very crafty??

what a bummer PPC..was only thinking about this today and wondering if anything was happening. Fingers still crossed that you will get your account reinstated...

Odd thing has happened... QVC cancelled my account in June. In early October I started getting loads of emails from them advertising TSV's and upcoming events. Called CS, who said I had to log into my account to cancel the emails. When I explained why I couldn't log into my account she said she didn't have the authority to cancel the emails. She said I would have to write to the CS manager to give authorization for the emails to be stopped. I had never signed up for email alerts in the first place! Never got them when I was a member, why now? What a carry on!

Odd thing has happened... QVC cancelled my account in June. In early October I started getting loads of emails from them advertising TSV's and upcoming events. Called CS, who said I had to log into my account to cancel the emails. When I explained why I couldn't log into my account she said she didn't have the authority to cancel the emails. She said I would have to write to the CS manager to give authorization for the emails to be stopped. I had never signed up for email alerts in the first place! Never got them when I was a member, why now? What a carry on!

don't think they know their ass from their elbow concordia! For heaven's sake couldn't whoever you spoke to get onto the CS manager about it instead of you having to write in..don't they get on your t*ts!

QVC do shout loud and clear about their 30 day No Quibble Money Back Guarantee but they do not loudly proclaim about the Distance Selling Regulations which are law in the U.K.
Briefly, you can return an unwanted item, does not have to be faulty, within seven days of receipt - of course, in the condition it was received in - and are then entitled to a refund of not only the cost of the item, but also the P & P has to be refunded. However, the item has to be returned at your own expense.

I have something that I think is going back and since it was 6.95£ for PP I'd definitely want to try and wrangle that back from them, question is: does anyone have a current link to the TOS that actually works? They mention that in there and I just feel like there'd be less argument if I pointed them directly towards those in my email.

I have something that I think is going back and since it was 6.95£ for PP I'd definitely want to try and wrangle that back from them, question is: does anyone have a current link to the TOS that actually works? They mention that in there and I just feel like there'd be less argument if I pointed them directly towards those in my email.

Craftology, I have no idea what TOS means, so cannot point you to a link.

However, re returns: simply contact QVC via e-mail, and state that you are cancelling and returning said product under the Distance Selling Regulations, and that you want a full refund (cost of product plus initial p&p). That amount of information should suffice.

You should not have a problem. I should add that, with my last two returns, I have had to ring customer services and request the missing p&p. On the last occasion, when I raised the matter of the p&p, the CS operator apologised, commenting that I should have had it refunded automatically because I had returned it under the DSR. So QVC staff have been made aware.

Good luck

Latest posts

Back