QVC plant's don't wast your money!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Their plants are terrible, I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole:confused:

My thoughts exactly. I've tried different varieties and all of them have been dreadful.

Anyone remember the TSV of Flower-Tower Balls and Busy Lizzies from several years ago? Well, I went for those and they were the worst plants I've ever received. When I opened the box virtually all of them were dead but credit to QVC they refunded all of my money (including P&P) and I got to keep the Balls. Decided there and then though that I would never buy any more plants from them.

I've had great success with ones from B&Q and Morrisons of all places!

My thoughts exactly. I've tried different varieties and all of them have been dreadful.

Anyone remember the TSV of Flower-Tower Balls and Busy Lizzies from several years ago? Well, I went for those and they were the worst plants I've ever received. When I opened the box virtually all of them were dead but credit to QVC they refunded all of my money (including P&P) and I got to keep the Balls. Decided there and then though that I would never buy any more plants from them.

I've had great success with ones from B&Q and Morrisons of all places!

Me too they,ve have lovely plants in Morrisons I bought loads of bedding geraniums last year and they were beautiful

I'm sorry those of you had problems with the plants etc., I do watch the gardening shows as I do love flowers but have the kiss of death with them.

Reading this thread reminded me of many moons ago when I was in primary school we had a flower growing competition and the bulb I had was a salmon pink gadiolus flower we were given a picture of what it should look like when grown and took the bulb home, now my late mum could make anything grow watched over me in my care of this bulb, I was so excited when the leaves pushed through and grew straight and tall and straight and tall till they were such a height I had to put a cane in to keep it steady, now even back then I was a patient child and I scrutinised the leaves for any sign of the flower at one point I think I thought it was in disguise and would magically burst out of the leaves but no there was no flower.
My mum carried the flowerless pot down to school for me as it had gotten so tall I got into class and saw all the others with their beautifully coloured hyacinths, daffodils etc., and I had a pot of leaves I can still remember the embarrassment.

piper

Last edited:
I've also been taken in by Jackson's fanciful claims on so many occasions. But enough is enough. I, like so many will not be buying plants from QVC again, at least not until they get rid of Jackson.

Must say I bought the climibing fushcias and grew 2 of the up two seperate trellis' and they reached over 6 foot high, that was the first year. At least one of mine has survied the winter and is springing into action already, the others are in a more exposed areas and it is a bit early to give up on them yet.

really pleased I've read this.

I am not a gardener,never have any interest.Rarely watch a gardeing show on qvc

However this year,I thought i'd make a real big effort with my garden - thought a few plants and pots would look really pretty.My garden's tiny so didn't think it would take much (or be that difficult?!)

For a beginner,I thought QVC would have been the perfect place to start -to be able to listen to someone to tell you what to do and how to plant it and look after it,seems better than picking a random plant from a garden centre shelf.

Now i've read this - its definitely not the place to start!!

I've always wondered how the MBG stands on things like plants and foods? After all once you planted it and waited for it to flower..................or eaten it....................how do you send it back??

My friend did order some sausages when they started doing food and after cooking and tasting them,said they were horrible - and she did ring up and complain and get her money back...........................but couldn't everyone do this,happy or not??

Wilkinsons also have a good selection of plants. I have bought lots of their bedding plants and they have all been excellent.

I'm sorry lots of you have had problems but i don't think it is all QVC's fault. The problem seems to lie with Thompson and Morgan. Their plants seem to be of lower quality than those they send out from private sales. i have bought from them direct and via QVC and the direct plants are always much better. Maybe they can't cope with the volumne of QVC sales. QVC don't get to see the quality of the plants that are sent out. Hayloft plants from QVC are always much healthier. I have just received some cape daisys and they are so big and strong that i have had to buy larger pots to put them in.

I was just watching RJ this morning and almost every plant was going to have hundreds of flowers on it. I 've yet to see that many on anything from him, why does he do it? the man is a big fake.

I was just watching RJ this morning and almost every plant was going to have hundreds of flowers on it. I 've yet to see that many on anything from him, why does he do it? the man is a big fake.

Actually, not so big. I guess his plants aren't the only thing that didn't grow ;) Perhaps he needs to put Flower Power in his wellies!

My 3 roses I bought several weeks ago, which RJ was raving about (TSV) have not taken and are dead! I planted them in the correct John Innes No. 3 compost the way he told you too and I'm so disappointed. What a complete waste of money. :(

Were they Jackson and Perkins roses? My friend ordered these and had the same problems she rang Customer Services and they sent her another set.

I'm sorry lots of you have had problems but i don't think it is all QVC's fault. The problem seems to lie with Thompson and Morgan. Their plants seem to be of lower quality than those they send out from private sales. i have bought from them direct and via QVC and the direct plants are always much better. Maybe they can't cope with the volumne of QVC sales. QVC don't get to see the quality of the plants that are sent out. Hayloft plants from QVC are always much healthier. I have just received some cape daisys and they are so big and strong that i have had to buy larger pots to put them in.

I'd agree with this, or rather my civil partner would, she's the gardener. Her purchases from Thomson and Morgan direct have always been much better than those that come from them through QVC. Interestingly she's always had much more success with QVC plug plants than corms or bulbs. We too had the 100 bulbs a couple of years ago and they arrived looking dubiously mouldy (yuk) and failed dismally. The best QVC plants we had were petunia plug plants in the summer of 2005, they flowered gloriously all summer. They were the only ones that ever looked like the set of a RJ TSV!

I ordered the rosebud trailing geraniums and they arrived safely and were I thought quite large for QVC. Until the Hayloft Hardy Gerberas arrived last week, and they are flippin huge. Super healthy plants.

But........ I have ordered some sunpatiens busy lizzies and have had the email saying they were on their way, but when I got home at tea-time there was a card through my door saying my "perishable plants" were beling returned to the sorting office, and I can collect them in 48 hours. Dread to think what they will be like in 48 hours. But I can't blame QVC for that though.

I have bought some excellent plants this year from ebay, they arrive in a couple of days and are three times the size of QVC and about a third of the price. But then again, the sellers need their feedback to stay positive, so that is good for buyers, we get really good plants.

Or is it that QVC buy in sub-standard stock from them?

I am so pleased that it wasn't just me.
I really did try with my plants but no matter what I have done, they have just given up the ghost.

last year i had an offer from one of the gardening maags for some thompson and morgan and were dire and I think hey knew it as i recieved a voucher, supposedly as on of the varieties were subsituted. All of these still look like sticks.

You can add me to the list of dissatisfied plant buyers from QVC.

I decided to dip my toe in Richard Jacksons water and got 12 Lavender plants in three colours last year. They looked pretty sorry for themselves when they arrived but I thought maybe they just hadn't travelled very well and thinking that was normal I potted them up anyway. Half of them didn't grow at all and just shrivelled up and died as they were, a couple did OK for a while but nothing great.

We ended up with four out of the twelve, all the same colour which have survived and look like they might be Ok for this year too but overall very disappointing and I don't think I'd bother with plants from QVC again.

I wish I'd sent the bloomin' (well not so bloomin' as it turns out :cheeky: ) things back but rather like my lavenders I too, by then had lost the will to live.

I just don't trust RJ, he doesn't talk sense and only goes one about zillions of flowers on his plants, he never gives good gardening advice.
I never ordered plants from qvc as there are so many complaints, I usually buy them from a local garden centre/nursery.
I have used a few online sites (ebay, crocus...) and always received good plants wiht decent roots. I bought bare root roses last autumn online from a rose nursery, and they arrived in excellent condition and are all thriving well after a very hard winter: lots of leaves and new shoots.

Latest posts

Back