QVC recovery program

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My spending has reduced. I mainly used to buy beauty TSV's but got fed up with them being on auto delivery and no easy pays. I can't afford to shell out over £60 anymore. I find I am switching off more and more because I cannot stand so many of the presenters bar Julia! Also with redundancies looming in my line of work I have to be more frugal and really cherry pick the products I need rather than want!!

Since (well it seems to me) that all TSVs are beauty, steam mops, or NN I have no difficulty whatsoever ever in keeping my spending at Nil on TSV items.

However I do have a weakness for jewellery and handbags so that is where I have to be careful or I can run amuck, although since the pickings on Q are woeful now even that is not such a problem. Like others I really miss the days when you could get a wide range of stones, it is all a bit boring now. I know we complain about the prices but I would be willing to pay for the right designs.

More stuff seems to go back than is kept, such a change from 18 months ago when I had to hide from the postman I was buying so much.

But I may be resting from Q but still buying elsewhere, so until I stop that maybe I'm only farting.

I hardly order items anymore, On very few occasions are Qvc cheaper compared to elsewhere (besides the odd TSV & OTO), I also rarely watch more than 10minutes at a time , i guess the nicer weather and other things on the Tv , plus the annoying fact i keep pressing CH 640!!!

My tips would be avoid ordering on the web or tapping the app , phone them , by the time you have bothered to dial the number and got through to an operator , if your not 100% certain you really need the item you have time to hang up, so this avoids the rash purchases, also you can look at it that your keeping a person in a job by placing an order on the phone rather than just online.:mysmilie_484:

Ignore the presenters , Yes they love every product but thats because they havent paid for it , they have been given it or are begging for a freebie. :mysmilie_514:

Also Hide your phone and computer when you've been drinking , It used to be ok when you could ring the next morning but now days they say its to late. :mysmilie_3:

Use Qvc as window shopping , watch the demos , hear about the product , find it cheaper elsewhere.:mysmilie_849:

I agree that it is becoming difficult to watch more than 10mins with the sound up, but whereas I previously watched on mute now I can't even be bothered to do even that. The amount of things I buy/don't buy is in direct ratio to the irritation I feel towards the presenters. I don't think I have ever purchased anything on a show with Chuntley.

I find putting items in the basket but not checking out helps as even 30 mins is often enough to make me think twice and come to be conclusion that I can very easily live without said item. Phoning never deterred me as I used Q cut on speed dial (sad or what). But now I use the web and more often than not don't bother completing the order. Somehow it helps to satisfy the retail therapy aspect without actually spending any money.

Also Hide your phone and computer when you've been drinking , It used to be ok when you could ring the next morning but now days they say its to late. :mysmilie_3:

Ha! This is so true! After a glass or two, you often think to hell with it why not! My friend and I were discussing this the other day as she had read an article about eBay purchases, when after 10pm many such purchases were made in such a relaxed state.

I buy sporadically but will have the occasional weak moment and buy more than usual .I am really strict with myself now about returning stuff because if I dither I end up with things I will never use.It doesn't always work,for example a recent time bomb TSV was useless on my skin but I didn't return it.Dont know why.

I should never have bought it.I resisted the hype for a long time ,but somehow got drawn into the "its about to sell out"
drama.

I'm learning though that I can sell things on EBay so I'm gonna give that a go.

Turandot I have found that QVC items and brands sell very well on ebay, you will get more for a diamonique piece of silver jewellery than you would get for a generic unbranded Cubic Zircona and silver item (Eek is after all only CZ).

All the Q beauty brands sell well too, and Kipling bags and Yankee Candles, especially the tarts as they are easier to post. I sell the ones I don't like this way.

A lot of good tips.Thanks.

I mainly order on line , so will try putting it in the basket and waiting. And will try EBay.

I have learned to avoid wait list as I forget about things,then they turn up with minimal notice,if any.

Remind yourself you have a 4 digit PIN number for quickness! Do you know your membership number off by heart? Q system recognises your phone number when you call so ordering is bank balance reducing quicker, simpler, hassle free.

Seeing store products on the shelves/display racks makes you realise they are one of very many. Remind yourself of that when Q show Elemis after Gatineau after Prai after Decleor etc etc etc. Q is a shop, pure and simple.

i have ordered a dining suite that has to be paid for soon. sometimes i just toot money on bits and bobs. saving for a major purchase curtails me somewhat. stockpinling beauty items taht i will never use is a massive waste of money

Keep off the Vino when sitting watching with laptop (or some high tech implement in hand!) I recently clicked & bought the huge PK Elastisizer only to think WHY?when I still have some left from the last one & I like but not one of my 'HERO' products.So decided this time I would return via Hermes total cost of around £10 but better than paying over £60 in the end on EZP!!
Must sign the Pledge in more ways than one.

I've culled my QVC spending too. I have as much jewellery as I could wear, the fashions aren't my cup of tea and I'd never buy food off te tely. Add to that the ridiculous comments from idiot presenters about value and the famed MBG. I don't think I'm missing out at all.

Hearing Chuntley justifying the P&p by saying how much it would cost us to actually go to an Apple store was enough to put me off Q If I wasn't already p**ed off with them.

Latest posts

Back