Qvc rings/jewellery

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lucy-loo

Registered Shopper
A few years ago when QVC began I used to buy a lot of things, small understatement, any way I accumalated quite a few rings and earings which at the time I thought were so expensive looking, I dont buy hardly anything these days and certainly no rings, though I did succombe to some ammethyst earings at Christmas, and although I do like them they did look more substantial on the telly.

The other day I got out the box out with my treasured rings inside I havent worn much for ages, inside the box were one or two of my rings engagement,and a couple others and the QVC rings, and have to admit my ones did sort of still look quite valuable, but the ones i thought at the time were so good looked decidedly cheap, and even when I tried then on there was just no wieght to them, certainly not heirlooms of the future

So I dont think sons will be making much on Dickensons real deal from them,.

I've bought some lovely jewellery from QVC and there are some pieces that I wear almost every day ... two silver bracelets in particular. BUT hand on heart none of them are heirloom pieces, well actually there are two that could be in time. There is a beautiful rose gold bow that was about £200 and a three stone morganite that was about £300.

To be fair though most of what I buy is silver and semi-previous stones. And I'm not sure whether they would be heirloom pieces regardless of where I bought them.

Much as I love jewellery QVC, and Gems TV etc, have changed how I view buying jewellery. Years ago it was only something I bought or was bought for a special occasion. And some of those pieces could be heirloom pieces. Not least because they cost way in excess of what I pay for QVC jewellery.

I buy jewellery with my heart. If I love it and I can afford it I'll buy it but it's for me. I don't think about the value as such or think of it as an investment for the future.

I was lucky enough to inherit quite a lot of jewellery last year. There are some gorgeous and expensive pieces but actually the pieces I love are the ones I remember the person wearing when I was a child. Never underestimate the emotional value in jewellery. My most treasured piece is a Mexican hat charm. I wanted it so much as it held so many memories of childhood days but it's worth very little.

Interestingly, I have charms from my aunt who purchased them from a Romany who called door to door, fearful of a spell being cast if she didn't purchase anything (going back 50 years). They are lovely quality and I treasure them, and they remind me of my lovingly superstitious aunt.

I've been buying from Q for the last 7 years. My preference is now for silver jewellery. Years ago, I 'received' jewellery as gifts (hubby, parents) and would never buy anything but costume jewellery. To buy a ring for myself was unthinkable. Times change and me, too. I grew up without an extended family, so loveinamist, your story was like food-and-drink to me. Thank you for sharing. ;-)

ooh..I bought LOADS of jewellery in my early years with Q, mostly silver, mostly rings, mostly Eek...but necklaces and bracelets too. I sold 99% of it recently for about £1800 so God only knows what I paid out over the years for it, but at least I can say I had the pleasure of wearing it and then got something back on it!

As to treasures, my Mum never had expensive jewellery..simply couldn't afford it..but I have her jewellery box and all the Bet Lynch earrings, the poppet beads, and one or two nicer pieces in the form of rings, (too small for me) but my absolute favourite is a pair of dangly creole earrings, faceted, the sort you'd put round your lobe and screw up to the required tightness..I always called these her "gypsy earrings" and I have a photo of us, in Blackpool, on a dismal rainy day, me about five years old, and Mum in these earrings...I still well up when I see it, and to this day I can't look at these pieces of jewellery without crying. I'd never part with them, even tho to be absolutely honest nobody else would want them anyway! But there are so many lovely memories in that old jewellery box.

I have a set of three chunky sterling silver and marcasite rings from QVC that my mum bought for me for my 25th birthday, back in 2004 - we'd only been watching the channel for a few months then. I wasn't expecting them, but fell in love with them on sight and have worn them almost every day for the following eight years. They've not tarnished or spoiled - they're so pretty to look at and they won't date. They'll also be nice to hand down (not that I'll ever be a mum, but nice to give on to other family members). Probably the one and only jewellery purchase I've had from Le Q that might be an heirloom piece.

I grew up in a time when "real jewellery" was made out of gold & anything else was considered to be costume jewellery.
Gold plate wore off & silver tarnished. Pearls were worn by old dears and the big 4 - ruby, sapphires, emeralds & diamonds - were usually confined to engagement/ eternity rings and perhaps a few chips in a locket.
How times have changed - for the better. I love white metals whether they be white gold, sterling silver, platinum clad or steel. Now they are set with semi and precious stones. Fabulous!
I wish Q would revive their jewellery department. I feel beauty has taken over.

I love marcasite barbedwire, but I've never seen it on Q.
I've got two rings, both came from the States.
My mother had an unusual rounded (halo profile) marcasite band ring that sadly went missing after her death and I've always looked out for a replica.

Minim q have done marcasite, Ive got a lovely charm ring I bought a few years ago, it still looks great. I too love marcasite, always sparkly and never cheap looking. Looking on there now seems to be only 2 pieces. I would love to see more marcasite especially now that Past Times has closed, they had tons of it lol.

Minim, I've seen marcasite jewellery, some time ago, when I bought some magnetic jewellery from billythetree in Florida. Excellent prices, super delivery and unusual items - my kinda heaven. Mine went through without customs $£ etc! I've a gold/silver-toned heart magnetic bracelet worn every day, that still looks great over a year now. Sears and JCPenney, department stores, may have some marcasite on their sites, too ... Enjoy!

I watched part of the Diamond show last night, and was staggered at how much they were asking for a diamond and 9ct gold ring - almost £500. We all know how much gold has risen, but even so, the profit margin must be enormous, as similar rings just a few years ago were around the £150 mark. AND they are STILL offering them with hollowed out insides. Go to a jewellery and spend £500 on a ring and it will be solid.

I've stopped buying quality jewellery now, no one to leave it to, so what I've got can be sold to help pay for care home fees, IF that time ever comes !!!!!!!!........................

I love marcasite barbedwire, but I've never seen it on Q.
I've got two rings, both came from the States.
My mother had an unusual rounded (halo profile) marcasite band ring that sadly went missing after her death and I've always looked out for a replica.

TJC have marcasite jewellery Mim? - starts around £10 on the website.

I've bought all sorts lots of jewellery from Q and been very pleased with it. The quality is not as good these days but I still get tempted by the odd thing, silver or fashion jewellery. I don't own any of their gold diamond jewellery, they have some nice designs but way too expensive and poor quality stones.

Thank you ladies! Guess what I've been doing for the last x hours. Found exactly what I wanted. The halo profile is EXACTLY like my mother's ring.

JudithJackMarcasiteRing.jpg

They are a set of 3 stacking rings by Judith Jack

sob Can't find any stock in size J, in fact I can't find them in stock in any size! This is the second time I've depressed myself today.

Keep looking Minim. I had a sensible moment on holiday a few years ago and didn't buy a daisy ring I loved. God knows why because it wasn't expensive but I was being good. I have searched for this ****** ring or something similar for years.

I went to a street market at Christmas in a small village about 20 minutes from where I live. All the local shops were open and there in a jewellers that I have never been in, in fact I didn't know it existed!, was almost exactly the ring I'd lusted after!! My partner bought it for me for Christmas and it is beautiful. He's buying me the matching pendant and earrings for my birthday.

Everything comes to she who waits.

I like marcasite too. I've inherited two marcasite 1930s watches which are just lovely. And also inherited some flower earrings and a brooch. All very pretty.

Latest posts

Back