QVC Valentines surprise

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They’ve said that it the first time they’ve ever done 5 EZPays. They should look at IW who do more than that on a regular basis on something called OpenPay, so I don’t really think it was worth all the secrecy. 🙄

I never buy anything on EZPay or credit so I’m not the least bit interested although I’m sure many customers will be.

I thought there was some legal reason that the 4 easy pays was the cut off point - something to do with the Consumer Credit Act. - at least that was what they always said when they went into raptures at offering 4 instalments.

I don't like to be in debt for months, so don't like any easy payments - although sometimes I've been caught out with the default payment setting, which really pi.....ses me off, as I've had the choice made for me.

I thought there was some legal reason that the 4 easy pays was the cut off point - something to do with the Consumer Credit Act. - at least that was what they always said when they went into raptures at offering 4 instalments.

I don't like to be in debt for months, so don't like any easy payments - although sometimes I've been caught out with the default payment setting, which really pi.....ses me off, as I've had the choice made for me.
Again I had a momentary blip, where I actually considered RL's handbag. This would've meant breaking my "No Q promise" despite that I still considered it. I looked at the bag again and noticed the price had gone up from £149 to £152.01 (weird £3.01 price hike) but then I guessed it must be to cover the cost of the custard creams, the tissues, :poop: bags etc left inside by the previous owner. 5 Ez pays - that's £35 coming out of my bank account today, then £30 for the next 4 months. Considering I've just paid off one of my credit cards, and settled another direct debit a couple of months early in order to save myself about £45 a month -I snapped back into my senses - Ruth/QVC 🖕 you can keep your bag!

Lets be honest, if you carry a bag by Chanel / Gucci / YSL / Lulu Guinness / Radley etc etc most women would be aware of the brand, especially the young and fashionable, and would believe quite rightly that a fair amount had been paid for it.

Start flashing a bag with the Ruth Langsford logo on, and I think the young and fashionable (or those like me who never watch the type of programmes she presents) would either say 'who ?" or start laughing and presume it was bought from a supermarket.

Lets be honest, if you carry a bag by Chanel / Gucci / YSL / Lulu Guinness / Radley etc etc most women would be aware of the brand, especially the young and fashionable, and would believe quite rightly that a fair amount had been paid for it.

Start flashing a bag with the Ruth Langsford logo on, and I think the young and fashionable (or those like me who never watch the type of programmes she presents) would either say 'who ?" or start laughing and presume it was bought from a supermarket.
I would be well embarrassed to admit I was wearing/carrying anything with Ruth Langsford's name on it, despite not being bothered about "names" in the least. The branding on this bag has a removable tag with RWL inscribed on it and tbh I doubt whether anybody would remotely interested in what it stood for, let alone ask. I guess if somebody did, I'd say I haven't got a clue and tell them it was a present! However if the tag actually said Ruth Langsford, different story, it would be removed immediately!
I just like the look of the bag, the quality looks great, the size looks great, and looks as though I could actually be organised with it but at the end of the day it's waaaaay too expensive and despite what I said before I do resent paying for Ruth Langsford's name, she is not a designer. Ok you could pay a few hundred pounds more for a real designer bag which possibly wouldn't even be made from leather, but imo her bag shouldn't be in the same price bracket as well known brands like Radley!

Again I had a momentary blip, where I actually considered RL's handbag. This would've meant breaking my "No Q promise" despite that I still considered it. I looked at the bag again and noticed the price had gone up from £149 to £152.01 (weird £3.01 price hike) but then I guessed it must be to cover the cost of the custard creams, the tissues, :poop: bags etc left inside by the previous owner. 5 Ez pays - that's £35 coming out of my bank account today, then £30 for the next 4 months. Considering I've just paid off one of my credit cards, and settled another direct debit a couple of months early in order to save myself about £45 a month -I snapped back into my senses - Ruth/QVC 🖕 you can keep your bag!
Don't by Ruth's bag. People will point.

I would be well embarrassed to admit I was wearing/carrying anything with Ruth Langsford's name on it, despite not being bothered about "names" in the least. The branding on this bag has a removable tag with RWL inscribed on it and tbh I doubt whether anybody would remotely interested in what it stood for, let alone ask. I guess if somebody did, I'd say I haven't got a clue and tell them it was a present! However if the tag actually said Ruth Langsford, different story, it would be removed immediately!
I just like the look of the bag, the quality looks great, the size looks great, and looks as though I could actually be organised with it but at the end of the day it's waaaaay too expensive and despite what I said before I do resent paying for Ruth Langsford's name, she is not a designer. Ok you could pay a few hundred pounds more for a real designer bag which possibly wouldn't even be made from leather, but imo her bag shouldn't be in the same price bracket as well known brands like Radley!
Pretend it's Ralph Lauren :LOL::LOL:

I am rather disgruntled :(

The torch I ordered with 20% off yesterday was black, but they also had an orange one which I would have much preferred, but it was £10 more, so I bought the black one.

Today everything is back up by 20% EXCEPT that for a short period the orange one now has much more than 20% off, and is now £10 less than the black one I bought yesterday!!!

And as it has already been despatched, there is nothing I can do about it.

And to cap it all, it seems that I will NOT be getting a free £20 torch after all, but I am disputing that. Luckily I made a screenshot of this offer, so will have to see what happens.

Getting as bad as QVC with meaningless or misleading offers.

That is the main point - she isn't a designer.

They’ve said that it the first time they’ve ever done 5 EZPays.
Did they really make that claim? I ask because I've just had an email reminder the the fourth of five EZPays is due on the December L'Occitane TSV...

One of the presenters did, but I can’t remember who it was. It was said with great pride ….. “This is the first time we’ve been able to offer you 5 EZpays.” 🙄

Mind you, half of them don’t seem to know what’s going on even though they are supposed to prepare for their shows.

IW offer 10 easy pays on some items, so QVC aren’t “all that.”

I always prefer to pay in one go, irrespective of expense, although I don’t buy much from them nowadays.

Latest posts

Back