Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh you've got to try that cleanser, try the foot cream too £4.99 for two 100ml if you like the smell of camphor you'll love that, and it sinks in leaving no residue either, it's lovely. That's what I've been saying about Elizabath Grant and QVC France prices too, I'd be gutted if they poached them like M Asam. I'm hoping Elizbeth Grant stay with IW rewarding their loyalty. What makes me laugh though, no one wants to try it yet if it appears on QVC for twice the price, everyone will want it, it's hilarious.

Sorry for misspelling your name shopperholic. If it's the stripey tube then I already have it and use it on my hands with cotton gloves, the camphor is really refreshing but our cats don't like it.

Sorry for misspelling your name shopperholic. If it's the stripey tube then I already have it and use it on my hands with cotton gloves, the camphor is really refreshing but our cats don't like it.

Aw please don't worry about the spelling...........No the ones I've got are in a black tube with gold lettering. The smell is strong but doesn't linger, best not though if the kitties don't like it, you only have to look at our kitty sideways and she gets a strop on, she's a right little Diva. :mysmilie_17:

Right now there's a programme on called 'Collectable Timepieces Half Price'.

Why not pick up this watch, as you can there's a Half Price banner proudly emblazoned on the price details.

Our Usual Price £1199.99 now £999.99

image.jpg

And they're seling a line of watches called 'Hugo Schwarze' that look uncannily like our old friend Christin Lars Timepieces.

image.jpg

Good grief, were these the watches they had on last night? I only caught one of the items...a black watch that had a dial that looked like an explosion in a pickle factory, and everything about the watch was black (with, I think, just a couple of touches of red on the dial), and how you could see anything on the dial I do not know - and yes, the price was over 900 quid!! The presenter was an Irish lady, don't know her name, and the guest was the bloke usually on with these watches when the Pope is presenting in his own inimitable way (i.e. useless). But, of course, she told us that over a quarter of the stock had gone (gone where, she didn't specify). There's a stall in a market nearby that sells very similar....for £6. (OH recently bought a new watchstrap there for £5).
Right now there's a programme on called 'Collectable Timepieces Half Price'.

Why not pick up this watch, as you can there's a Half Price banner proudly emblazoned on the price details.

Our Usual Price £1199.99 now £999.99

View attachment 11137

And they're seling a line of watches called 'Hugo Schwarze' that look uncannily like our old friend Christin Lars Timepieces.

View attachment 11138

Good grief, were these the watches they had on last night? I only caught one of the items...a black watch that had a dial that looked like an explosion in a pickle factory, and everything about the watch was black (with, I think, just a couple of touches of red on the dial), and how you could see anything on the dial I do not know - and yes, the price was over 900 quid!! The presenter was an Irish lady, don't know her name, and the guest was the bloke usually on with these watches when the Pope is presenting in his own inimitable way (i.e. useless). But, of course, she told us that over a quarter of the stock had gone (gone where, she didn't specify). There's a stall in a market nearby that sells very similar....for £6. (OH recently bought a new watchstrap there for £5).

I agree with everything you say, these watches were indeed on last night.

Putting aside the fact that these watches weren't anything approaching half price despite the programme title and on screen graphics (disingenuous?) it seemed to me that the main argument used to support the utterly preposterous prices is that they weighed approaching 300 grams.

The Irish lady is utterly, utterly dreadful, unwatchable. The man with her was the personification of schlocky, it could be quite easy to think he was a little bit less than plausible.

Another less than plausible expert on Ideal World I hear you say? It's only my opinion :mysmilie_13:

IW must be employing the same twat from bidtv, that ruined bidtv. And now iw is going the same way as bidtv.

Last edited:
IW must be employing the same twat from bidtv, that ruined bidtv. And now iw is going the same way as bidtv.

Ideal World are on record as saying that they have absolutely no connection whatsoever with what was Bid Shopping. That's good enough for me.

I'd like to go on record as saying that I consider GOLLUM to be demonstrably transparent, completely unambiguous and a pleasure to watch :mysmilie_59:

Ideal World are on record as saying that they have absolutely no connection whatsoever with what was Bid Shopping. That's good enough for me.

I'd like to go on record as saying that I consider GOLLUM to be demonstrably transparent, completely unambiguous and a pleasure to watch :mysmilie_59:

Yep, apparently nothing to do with Bid........they're wrecking their credibility all on their own.

As for Gollum, he is the most aggressive, arrogant, vile presenter to ever grace shopping tv, oh and he won't be picking up an Oscar, for his faux look of shock and amazement, anytime soon.

Yep, apparently nothing to do with Bid........they're wrecking their credibility all on their own.

As for Gollum, he is the most aggressive, arrogant, vile presenter to ever grace shopping tv, oh and he won't be picking up an Oscar, for his faux look of shock and amazement, anytime soon.

He's foul isn't he?

Paul Becque was selling Mattresses earlier. He has not 1, not 2 but 3 of them. One in his bedroom and one in each spare bedroom. He swears by them.

A mere two hours later he was selling 'Bonded Leather' (tiny pieces of often waste, shredded leather brushed up off a factory floor and glued to plastic) Chairs for £500. He said when he get's home from an early shift it's 'perfect' for him to use to relax on for a afternoon nap.

Silly question I suppose but why not just use one of those 3 beds he was screaming about two hours earlier? Take your pick fella.

And that ghastly woman who guests on these shows ought to be really careful with those pointy high heels when putting them on the footrests. Rip 'Bonded Leather' and you can't repair it, it's shot.

And it's shot because it's sh......:mysmilie_59:

Talking about Gollum, for those who might be interested in his nocturnal habits, I have it on good authority that the 'Mason Method' is "Seven days a week and twice on Sunday"Nosferatu-the-Vampyre-009.jpg...it's a doubled-edged phrase that he uses in his sales pitch, closely followed by a reference to 'the goddess':wink:

It's Senna Pod shilling those Mattresses now. He knows 'lot's of people who can't sleep' and added, perhaps unsurprisingly, 'the first thing you should rule out is a bad mattress'. The first thing i'd rule out, in fact cut out, is shoving all manner of Chips, Burgers, Pies, Curry, Puddings and the rest down my grid, blugh.

I wonder how many Hotels (with their Hotel Quality Bedding) have Memory Foam Mattresses? I've never come across one.

On another point has anyone else noticed the way Howard chews? It's like Steptoe sucking on a mint when he didn't have his dentures in.

He puts me in mind of Mr Ed :mysmilie_59:

:mysmilie_17::mysmilie_19:Couldn't have put it better (PS: is that Mr Ed the horse? If so, I think it's unfair to the horse..)
It's Senna Pod shilling those Mattresses now. He knows 'lot's of people who can't sleep' and added, perhaps unsurprisingly, 'the first thing you should rule out is a bad mattress'. The first thing i'd rule out, in fact cut out, is shoving all manner of Chips, Burgers, Pies, Curry, Puddings and the rest down my grid, blugh.

I wonder how many Hotels (with their Hotel Quality Bedding) have Memory Foam Mattresses? I've never come across one.

On another point has anyone else noticed the way Howard chews? It's like Steptoe sucking on a mint when he didn't have his dentures in.

He puts me in mind of Mr Ed :mysmilie_59:

Personally, I want a watch that allows me to read the dial so I can tell the time - completely unreasonable, I know, but hey, that's me, and I was under the impression you buy a watch to be able to tell the time? I can't comment on all of the watches they showed, as I only saw one watch on a small bit of the programme, but the look of the thing seemed rough and unfinished, in my opinion, and it made me strain my eyes looking at the screen, to see where the time actually appeared! All I could see at a glance was a black watchface. In my opinion, it looked cheap - and the worse thing was the dial, which I thought looked a real mess. £900 worth of watch? Hmm, not in my opinion. Agree with your comment about the lady presenter - when I was watching she seemed to be struggling to find something to say - but I felt a sneaking sympathy for her, because if it was me in her place I'd be stumped what to say as well. I just cannot work out who would pay that kind of money for what I saw last night....and if it was "an investment piece", I'd take some convincing..

I agree with everything you say, these watches were indeed on last night.

Putting aside the fact that these watches weren't anything approaching half price despite the programme title and on screen graphics (disingenuous?) it seemed to me that the main argument used to support the utterly preposterous prices is that they weighed approaching 300 grams.

The Irish lady is utterly, utterly dreadful, unwatchable. The man with her was the personification of schlocky, it could be quite easy to think he was a little bit less than plausible.

Another less than plausible expert on Ideal World I hear you say? It's only my opinion :mysmilie_13:

Personally, I want a watch that allows me to read the dial so I can tell the time - completely unreasonable, I know, but hey, that's me, and I was under the impression you buy a watch to be able to tell the time? I can't comment on all of the watches they showed, as I only saw one watch on a small bit of the programme, but the look of the thing seemed rough and unfinished, in my opinion, and it made me strain my eyes looking at the screen, to see where the time actually appeared! All I could see at a glance was a black watchface. In my opinion, it looked cheap - and the worse thing was the dial, which I thought looked a real mess. £900 worth of watch? Hmm, not in my opinion. Agree with your comment about the lady presenter - when I was watching she seemed to be struggling to find something to say - but I felt a sneaking sympathy for her, because if it was me in her place I'd be stumped what to say as well. I just cannot work out who would pay that kind of money for what I saw last night....and if it was "an investment piece", I'd take some convincing..

It's funny you should say that about struggling to have something to say. I was thinking just the same about Howard and the Mattresses.

You should have heard the drivel he was coming out with about being proud to be Half Welsh, Half English, British, He loves England, Wales, Northern Ireland, Scotland, ROI, he's proud of Britain, proud that people want to come here to live, proud this, proud that.

All because these, let's face, large sponges are made, wait for it, in Britain.

They are nothing more than a big lump of Spontex that make you sweat like a Weight Watcher in a Cakeshop :mysmilie_59:

They're selling those dreadful watches again, for £999.99

You'll be wanting to form an orderly queue when I tell you that the expert guest proclaimed:-

You're guaranteed to get 5 years battery life (it's a Quartz Watch)
The strap is guaranteed 'to be comfortable'

Add such exclusive features to the fact it weighs nearly as much as a can of Heinz Beans and you must be able to see, its real quality.

That Gen woman says 'it makes a powerful statement', indeed.

That you have no taste whatsoever :mysmilie_59:

I read your post to my mum this morning - every time we see a watch show and all you can see are the workings my mum shouts at the television "but you can't see the time!!!!!" She agreed with every word you said about the watches!!!!!

I remember Mikey Boy selling some mega flash looking watch and saying you will walk in a pub, and everyone will stop talking and just stare at your watch. People probably stop and stare at him when he walks in a pub (but for completely different reasons!!!!)

PS - haven't watched much IW lately or been active on this forum as work has been very busy. That is my defence your honour and I hope to increase my viewing shortly (if I can stand it!)

They're selling those dreadful watches again, for £999.99

You'll be wanting to form an orderly queue when I tell you that the expert guest proclaimed:-

You're guaranteed to get 5 years battery life (it's a Quartz Watch)
The strap is guaranteed 'to be comfortable'

Add such exclusive features to the fact it weighs nearly as much as a can of Heinz Beans and you must be able to see, its real quality.

That Gen woman says 'it makes a powerful statement', indeed.

That you have no taste whatsoever :mysmilie_59:

I like the quote "guaranteed to be comfortable" - how can that be proven - surely "comfort" is a relative thing. I mean the strap may be soft leather but it may not be comfortable on your wrist.

Latest posts

Back