Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ideal World are on record as saying that they have absolutely no connection whatsoever with what was Bid Shopping. That's good enough for me.

I'd like to go on record as saying that I consider GOLLUM to be demonstrably transparent, completely unambiguous and a pleasure to watch :mysmilie_59:

Have you visited a doctor recently? I am concerned about your health...

I like the quote "guaranteed to be comfortable" - how can that be proven - surely "comfort" is a relative thing. I mean the strap may be soft leather but it may not be comfortable on your wrist.

I think it's what's called saying anything to try and justify the jaw dropping price in the absence of a precision automatic movement, any precious metal or a brand name of a Luxury Watchmaker instead of the licensed brand name of a Car.

Having a Lamborghini Watch is a bit like some nerd always carrying a Crash Helmet with him when he dosen't actually own a Motorbike :mysmilie_59:

I think it's what's called saying anything to try and justify the jaw dropping price in the absence of a precision automatic movement, any precious metal or a brand name of a Luxury Watchmaker instead of the licensed brand name of a Car.

Having a Lamborghini Watch is a bit like some nerd always carrying a Crash Helmet with him when he dosen't actually own a Motorbike :mysmilie_59:

Obviously we are meant to think that the brand name is of a flash car therefore the watch must be amazing. Would you spend that money on a watch without examing it and more importantly trying it on.

I have to say that the guest selling Car Polish is as appealing as standing in something.

I'm thinking yet another 'entertainer' who miraculously morphs into a brand expert when the work dried up? (in 1985) The tall, somewhat camp man who guests on the furniture shows is just as mediocre.

They must absolutely crave some kind of stardom so I applaud their enthusiasm, it's admirable.

On the Thomas Sanderson blinds hour.

Mr Sales Rep says "dont just get a brochure, get a rep round as they could help you save money and give you great ideas" Its unreal they really do think the public are mugs, what Mr Sales Rep should have said is "I want someone in your house to put as much pressure on you to buy these blinds"

Oh and once again as always in this hour..........Not one iota or anything close to a price guide being mentioned, ok I understand its not a mass produced item for sale but come on gives us mugs an idea....please?? oh daft me.........sorry........forgot.......thats why you want someone in my home, so you can screw as much coin out of me as possible.

The whole hour and tone just screams out to me 1980s / 1990s double glazing sales approach :puke:

The Williams Waterless Car Cleaner is a favourite with the Presenters, they all seem to use it.

They must have put their Karcher's on ebay which isn't surprising, it sounds like using water is now evil.

Until the X-Hose next appears, or a Wolf Pressure Washer :mysmilie_59:

Now this really is Bid Deja Vu.

Becque is shilling some more watches, there's no price on screen. He says, direct quote:- 'So, have you got a price in your mind? What price are you thinking?, what are you thinking?, are you thinking £200, £300, £500, £1000?'

It was £139.99

It's utterly ridiculous, no wonder people are suspicious of the 'no connection with Bid' claim :mysmilie_59:

This is the worst I have heard yet from that bald bloke!!! Its a disrgace infact!!!

Selling a carpet cleaner with that scare tactics woman Bev........the bald bloke says and I quote, Bev the scare tactic once again trots out the old and worn norovirus tale and how our carpets can contain it blah blah blah,...............now heres the line from the bald bloke "Ohhh yerrrr love that virus almost took my family out".....Really did it?????

Get a grip, dear me will you just say anything to TRY and get a sale??? It must be great being in a job when you can say anything without having any factual foundations to prove the tale.

Jesus, what a shady creepy man he is. No better than a door to door salesman intimidating pensioners until they buy his mobility scooter or vacuum cleaner... :taphead:

***STOP PRESS***

Amazingly I have actually seen Paul Becque sell an item which he DIDN'T claim to own himself OR claim that he's going to order.

Snore Wizard :mysmilie_59:

***STOP PRESS***

Amazingly I have actually seen Paul Becque sell an item which he DIDN'T claim to own himself OR claim that he's going to order.

Snore Wizard :mysmilie_59:

When PB is on, it's everyone else who needs the Snore Wizard. Hey, I wonder if the Wizard could make all the exBidders vanish elsewhere? We can but dream :mysmilie_17:

The Motormouth Extaordinaire Hayley is selling a Tower Soup Maker which is miles better than one she paid over 3 times as much for. She stressed how healthy Soup is, perfect if you're trying to lose weight.

She clearly didn't reckon on BIG BRODEL, he made Potato & Leek Soup and at the end of the cooking time he added a mere 400ml of Cream :mysmilie_59:

image.jpg

The Motormouth Extaordinaire Hayley is selling a Tower Soup Maker which is miles better than one she paid over 3 times as much for. She stressed how healthy Soup is, perfect if you're trying to lose weight.

She clearly didn't reckon on BIG BRODEL, he made Potato & Leek Soup and at the end of the cooking time he added a mere 400ml of Cream :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 11144

Good grief that woman can talk. Don't know why she paid three times as much for one IW have always sold a sold a similar priced soup maker while she's been there...............silly cah. :mysmilie_17:

Good grief that woman can talk. Don't know why she paid three times as much for one IW have always sold a sold a similar priced soup maker while she's been there...............silly cah. :mysmilie_17:

She didn't name the brand but she said it cost £150 but has recently seen it for £120.

I seem to remember she also has a NutriMaster Blender which is also a Soup Maker. She's in Soup Clover :mysmilie_59:

I remember Mikey Boy on Bid. Everything they sold he had just bought one last week elsewhere and always paid a lot more for it. He said it so often it was comical. And I believed him...

I remember Mikey Boy on Bid. Everything they sold he had just bought one last week elsewhere and always paid a lot more for it. He said it so often it was comical. And I believed him...

I'm sure they are relying on the fact that most watchers are not regular viewers... so they don't spot the patterns.

Most of us who visit this forum are fairly regular (past or present) viewers of one or more selly telly channels... so you could say we've seen it all. Doesn't stop us being appalled at some (most?) of the tactics used to convince viewers that the offer is an exceptional bargain even when it isn't. They don't seem to have made any changes to acknowledge that a shopper armed with a search engine is a force to be reckoned with. Disingenuous spiel and claims to own enough stuff to need a warehouse to keep it in are all part of the stock in trade of all too many presentations...

The target is often the naive, and the lazy. The wiser shopper listens, does their own homework - a web-search or more - and then determines whether something is genuinely a bargain, or weighs up the advantages of the money back guarantee for an item which is a bit of an unknown quantity.

All they are aiming at is ensuring there are some shoppers to get the goods home... knowing procrastination and inertia will mean that many who are not satisfied with the goods either won't take advantage of the MBG, or will miss the deadline. If everyone who didn't like an item did take advantage of the MBG I doubt it would have survived so long.

View attachment 11144

I wonder if he takes it on holiday with him?

I wouldn't mind being Hayley's neighbour, she buys her loads of stuff, including a halogen oven!

I wonder if he takes it on holiday with him?

I wouldn't mind being Hayley's neighbour, she buys her loads of stuff, including a halogen oven!

He takes 3 of them!

And I know, Hayley is really kind isn't she? She also buys her Mum loads of things too, which is nice.

The hard sell seems to have stepped up significantly. It appears harder than any 'proper' shopping channel I've ever known. Paul Becque seemed terribly pressured, almost rattled, when selling those watches last night. He may as well have been telling the guest to belt up at times, so much was he in a rush.

And we know from experience what can happen under such pressure :mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back