Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

He used to get very narky if a co-presenter didn't laugh at his gags on Bid: they'll be trying canned laughter next, in sheer desperation.

Even Goddess' knackered old Donkey's put on a miraculous turn of speed and leg it when he's around :mysmilie_59:

Has anyone noticed that, despite claiming to be a massive tablet fan, (he always has one in his hand when selling them) Paul Becque seems to favour a good old fashioned clipboard when NOT selling them?

Just sayin :mysmilie_59:

image.jpg

Worry not, Muttley. Your details have been passed to Pope Pete, who will be contacting you personally to invite you along to IW as his special guest. This is a drastic measure, we know, but we think it's the only way you will ever be fully cured.:mysmilie_17::mysmilie_19:

Blimy, that is drastic!!!!!! I'm feeling better already and I haven't even got there yet!

He used to get very narky if a co-presenter didn't laugh at his gags on Bid: they'll be trying canned laughter next, in sheer desperation.

And his "Mr Nice Guy Act" used to slip if the co-presenter used to answer hin back. I actually heard him say once "alright darling, time of the month is it" in a nasty tone of voice, which I should have complained about. Vile man.

And his "Mr Nice Guy Act" used to slip if the co-presenter used to answer hin back. I actually heard him say once "alright darling, time of the month is it" in a nasty tone of voice, which I should have complained about. Vile man.

He's a sexist ahole who thinks he's funny..........think again Gollum!!! :doh:

I see yet another 'Commercial Presentation' has appeared on Ideal World but this one is for Damart Ladies Clothing.

Very interesting, it's one thing them having such broadcasts for Healthcare Providers, Blinds & Conservatory manufacturers, Solicitors, Tour Operators, Recruitment Agencies and Mobility Providers but clothing, one of their core product lines?

Hmmmm, remember when Bid all of a sudden was awash with 'direct delivery' items taking 14 working days to arrive? How long before we see this?

Exactly - he's everyone's "mate" with his Del Boy persona until such time as he's contradicted or someone makes a funny quip (a genuinely funny one, unlike his own) - then the claws come out. I heard him make nasty asides several times, at least once to Marina, he doesn't like anyone to 'top' his comment or to take the limelight. Why, of all the ex-Bidders, they employed him I cannot think - James Russell or Perfume Pete would have been preferable, and I never thought I'd say that, so things must be bad.

Exactly - he's everyone's "mate" with his Del Boy persona until such time as he's contradicted or someone makes a funny quip (a genuinely funny one, unlike his own) - then the claws come out. I heard him make nasty asides several times, at least once to Marina, he doesn't like anyone to 'top' his comment or to take the limelight. Why, of all the ex-Bidders, they employed him I cannot think - James Russell or Perfume Pete would have been preferable, and I never thought I'd say that, so things must be bad.

Maybe they hired him as they knew what direction they were heading? A downmarket, often disingenuous but not quite dishonest track. There is nobody more suited to such a style that this wretched creature.

I totally understand that all businesses evolve but this channel is totally unrecognisable to what it once was and not for the better. It's presentation standards are appalling and I sense it's a business very much in decline.

It reeks of struggling.

Maybe they hired him as they knew what direction they were heading? A downmarket, often disingenuous but not quite dishonest track. There is nobody more suited to such a style that this wretched creature.

I totally understand that all businesses evolve but this channel is totally unrecognisable to what it once was and not for the better. It's presentation standards are appalling and I sense it's a business very much in decline.

It reeks of struggling.

I agree Wirral......and I am struggling to watch much of it lately

Maybe it'll pick up Sunday when you know who is back!!

I agree Wirral......and I am struggling to watch much of it lately

Maybe it'll pick up Sunday when you know who is back!!

It had honestly been ages since i'd watched much of the shopping channels but, as you know, I used to be quite a fan of Ideal World but I am amazed at what it has become. Don't get me wrong, it was always cheesy and a bit naff but it was mostly decent and fun. What we have now is like those ghastly hard sell people who try to stop you in shopping malls.

The days of it being featured on The Apprentice seems a very, very distant memory. It has clearly been polluted by the toxicity of Bid Shopping (and I suspect by not just the on screen ghouls). Sadly the established Ideal World presenters are mostly shocking too.

It is verging on unpleasant (or when GOLLUM is on, beyond unpleasant). Then it's just unwatchable. :mysmilie_59:

It had honestly been ages since i'd watched much of the shopping channels but, as you know, I used to be quite a fan of Ideal World but I am amazed at what it has become. Don't get me wrong, it was always cheesy and a bit naff but it was mostly decent and fun. What we have now is like those ghastly hard sell people who try to stop you in shopping malls.

The days of it being featured on The Apprentice seems a very, very distant memory. It has clearly been polluted by the toxicity of Bid Shopping (and I suspect by not just the on screen ghouls). Sadly the established Ideal World presenters are mostly shocking too.

It is verging on unpleasant (or when GOLLUM is on, beyond unpleasant). Then it's just unwatchable. :mysmilie_59:

You're so right Wirral.

It has become almost unwatchable, for me, with the constant interruptions of the dreaded stock updates. Is it really necessary to stop a guest in full flow to give a '5% sold out and gone already' warning? Ok, when it's getting near the wire, it would be understandable to warn people that it's diminishing. But on it's first airing, with many more hours of shows ahead, they start.........and it's making me turn off! I liked the kitchen hours but the interruptions are really frustrating.

I think it's only Loen that doesn't do it half as much as the others. She is the only one worth watching lately imo, at least she makes me laugh.

You're so right Wirral.

It has become almost unwatchable, for me, with the constant interruptions of the dreaded stock updates. Is it really necessary to stop a guest in full flow to give a '5% sold out and gone already' warning? Ok, when it's getting near the wire, it would be understandable to warn people that it's diminishing. But on it's first airing, with many more hours of shows ahead, they start.........and it's making me turn off! I liked the kitchen hours but the interruptions are really frustrating.

I think it's only Loen that doesn't do it half as much as the others. She is the only one worth watching lately imo, at least she makes me laugh.

Loen is a star, she hasn't changed at all for me. I know she's a motormouth and full of it but I don't mind Hayley, Rachel is OK too.

But Shaun, DeeNeece, Howard & Gen are, for me, unbearable. And of course all of the Bid lot, including Paul Becque, are beyond the point of redemption.

I will not be watching Peter Simon for a single minute, genuinely. That he is 'trusted' enough to sell to their audience suggests to me they have very little respect for the viewers.

It's the 'experts' that provide the entertainment. The sight of Rick Hay in shorts conducting a Workout Class is beyond parody, and the 'Chefs'.................. :mysmilie_19:

Oh, and it's not just Trust Pilot that has utterly lamentable reviews for Ideal World.

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews87736.html

It's a shame it really is, there must be hundreds of presenters out there that IW could've gave a chance and are likeable. I've just bought the Cougar hand cream, daft name I know but its absolutely brilliant, £12 all in (it's £47 on the Cougar website, and well worth that price too) I bought it from IW website but if Pervy Pete or Gollum were on selling it, I'd never have taken the chance and bought it because I can't bear to watch them. Comes to something doesn't it when you'd sooner take a chance buying it blind from a website, than watching certain presenters tell you bout it.

Last edited:
I was watching IW earlier today and foolishly still had it on when I nodded off. I began having a hideous dream that I was on a day out at the seaside which I couldn't escape from with a bunch of lairy geezers selling things out of the back of a van... woke up in a shock. Guess who was on air?

Yep - the fragrant Mike, with a garden "expert" woman who has also done the rounds of selly telly. You normally get woken up by fear in your dream...

Just watching the Melitta Barista coffee machine for the real bargain price of a measly £799.99, which is a £200 saving! Yes £200!!!
How can we afford NOT to purchase this????? Just an easy x4, flexi pay of £200. You'd be a numpty not to get a couple. Just a note - for that price, I would have expected free p&p, but alas it is a snip at an extra £9.99 delivery.
I ordered one for myself and one for the postie as a Crimbo prezzy.

Latest posts

Back