Refresh Your Garden TSV 13/03/22

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Anyone going for those T&M begonias pick of the month? Are they too pricey? You do get 30. I've had De Jager begonias before and they were spectacular but they were tubers. The T&M ones are plants.

CC

I lived in London 1983-1992 and I remember huge snow storms, the Hurricane and also baking hot summers. I loved it, I had a wonderful job in the city but sadly I'd never live there again. I think I probably grew out of it and returned home to God's Country 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

CC
I worked in the City for nearly 40 years until I retired. I do miss the place but not the 3 hours per day commuting, nor the office politics !

I worked in the City for nearly 40 years until I retired. I do miss the place but not the 3 hours per day commuting, nor the office politics !
Where were you EM? I lived in Woolwich (awful place actually lol) I worked at the old Woolwich Arsenal but then I got a job with an insurance company in Poultry, just round the corner from the Bank of England. I loved it. It was the 80's though, lots of very long lunches 😁🍷🍷🍷 and bosses that never went back to work after them. My commute was about an hour door to door so not bad.

CC

Where were you EM? I lived in Woolwich (awful place actually lol) I worked at the old Woolwich Arsenal but then I got a job with an insurance company in Poultry, just round the corner from the Bank of England. I loved it. It was the 80's though, lots of very long lunches 😁🍷🍷🍷 and bosses that never went back to work after them. My commute was about an hour door to door so not bad.

CC
I worked for Nat West, Threadneedle St for 15 years, then NW Tower until the 1993 bomb and in various buildings thereafter. The rot set in when RBS took us over. I could tell you (but I won’t !) stories about them that would make your hair curl,

Anyone going for those T&M begonias pick of the month? Are they too pricey? You do get 30. I've had De Jager begonias before and they were spectacular but they were tubers. The T&M ones are plants.

CC
I love Begonias. Its nice that they are trailing rather than upright and you do get a nice show until the first frosts.Getting ready to grow plants is good VFM 30 will do quite a few baskets and window box. You will get a few corms to grow on for next year but its not guaranteed

CC
I too commuted and worked in the city from 75 to 80. Yes, those long boozy lunches!! Remember them well, and fab gifts from suppliers!( Worked for the Iranian Oil Co in Finsbury Sq) loved it, best job I have had, until the Shah was deposed and it all came to an end. Commuted from Braintree to Liverpool St. Happy days 😀

Always enjoy garden shows when showing various plants etc but always mute when Jill Gauntlet is on that woman gets on my thrupenny bits
Totally agree with you! Everything is "fantastic, fabulous or brilliant! 😁

Her dad, whose age she always mentions, must have a balcony that’s on the point of collapse as he also owns a lot of products. 🙄

Attachments

• Wall TSV 1.jpg
    Wall TSV 1.jpg
    293.7 KB · Views: 90
  • Wall TSV 2.jpg
    Wall TSV 2.jpg
    343 KB · Views: 90
  • Wall TSV 3.jpg
    Wall TSV 3.jpg
    419.4 KB · Views: 94
  • Wall TSV 4.jpg
    Wall TSV 4.jpg
    342.8 KB · Views: 91
  • Wall TSV 5.jpg
    Wall TSV 5.jpg
    454.8 KB · Views: 94
I like these but I guess that your lucky to have them for 2 winters then they will be knackered. I have bought some of these and I can't rate them highly enough they look fantastic up and will last for years. Bundleberry-by-Amanda-Holden-English-Garden-Living-Wall.product.717593.html

With the trellis frame being twigs in real wood they will rot even if the greenery lasts a long time.

I too commuted and worked in the city from 75 to 80. Yes, those long boozy lunches!! Remember them well, and fab gifts from suppliers!( Worked for the Iranian Oil Co in Finsbury Sq) loved it, best job I have had, until the Shah was deposed and it all came to an end. Commuted from Braintree to Liverpool St. Happy days 😀
I worked in an international payments dept and dealt with Iranian payments and as you say, they just stopped after that.

I bought a trellis the first time they ever aired on QVC (not the Bundleberry ones) to add ”greenery” to the side of a small flower bed at the bottom of the garden. It’s been there for a lot longer than 2 years and still looks like it did when I first got it. They have a willow backing and there’s been no degradation to them.

I wouldn’t know as haven’t been for years but the outlet have had in the past loads of those greenery trellis on offer.

I bought a trellis the first time they ever aired on QVC (not the Bundleberry ones) to add ”greenery” to the side of a small flower bed at the bottom of the garden. It’s been there for a lot longer than 2 years and still looks like it did when I first got it. They have a willow backing and there’s been no degradation to them.
Thats good news. I always wondered about the wooden twigs rotting x

I like these but I guess that your lucky to have them for 2 winters then they will be knackered. I have bought some of these and I can't rate them highly enough they look fantastic up and will last for years. Bundleberry-by-Amanda-Holden-English-Garden-Living-Wall.product.717593.html

With the trellis frame being twigs in real wood they will rot even if the greenery lasts a long time.
I bought something similar from The Range and they lasted about two years. The wood does give way in the end just leaving the plastic leaves on the ground.

I wasn’t sure if I liked these when I first saw them and I thought they were expensive but they are growing on me - not literally 😂 I can see a use for them in my garden.

We framed a garden window Brick wallall the way round with this its fabulous. I have two more boxes to do a fence but it would only do part of it fence and I know I would like the whole fence covered. May have to get 2 more boxes which will be £250.00

Latest posts

Back