Refunds

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

rosylee

Registered Shopper
I sent back a necklace to QVC by recorded delivery on 17th August, it was delivered on 18th August before 12noon, it still has not been credited to my account,it is now 6 days. when I send any jewellery back without recording the delivery, it is always received and credited in 2 days, so dont know why it takes so long when it has been recorded.

That's not good :doh: have you rung them? May give them a bit of a nudge :talking:

On the flip side of their customer service, I just received a call asking if my Lulu Guinness bag had been collected by the courier yet. I said yes, Saturday. She asked me to read out the number on the receipt and advised she would process the refund straight away, refunded in full including the P&P :mysmilie_466: Gobsmacked wasn't the word!!! I have never heard of this happening before. They obviously don't have the item there, very odd. Am not complaining though :happy:

I sent an item back on 14 Aug (I ordered some Birkies and QVC sent me the wrong style :dull:) and still no refund or confirmation that they have received the sandals. I phoned again yesterday and was told it takes about 21 days for things to process so to call again in Sept.

I know the prepaid label is second class post but I would have thought it would have got to Liverpool by now. I just hope the package hasn't got lost somewhere - I don't want hassle for something that wasn't my fault :sad:

i cancelled an 'in process' order on sunday, my card had been debited and when i emailed them to find out how long it would take to refund, they replied that the payment hadn't been taken???? eh? is it just because the payments been authorised? do i have to wait ages for it to show back on my card balance or what?

totally mystified.....

I guess I must be lucky as I usually get them inside a week from the day of sending them back via pre-paid label.

With regards to the payment authorisation athena in my experience it will be about 5 working days to come back. As far as I'm aware (has happened to me before) it's down to the bank keeping the money reserved for QVC to take. Obviously they won't and eventually the money will be re credited back automatically.

Hope that helps,

Babe Rainbow xx

so if i cancelled my order on sunday, it's going to be friday/monday before the refund is back?
thanks for the info, at least it puts my mind at rest for now. :happy:

I sent something back on August 18th (first class) It's shown up in my account as 'returned' today (and I've been checking daily.) I'm not expecting refund to arrive in my bank account for at least 5 days. However, I may be pleasantly surprised.

I sent back a necklace to QVC by recorded delivery on 17th August, it was delivered on 18th August before 12noon, it still has not been credited to my account,it is now 6 days. when I send any jewellery back without recording the delivery, it is always received and credited in 2 days, so dont know why it takes so long when it has been recorded.

Well I have just realised why this has not been credited to my account yet, I ordered 2 necklaces the same on cheque hold, one of them I converted to visa and received it, this is the one I have sent back, but on the slip of paper I sent back with it, I have put the cancelled order no. on it by mistake, so in effect I have returned the one I have not received, I had lost the original invoice with the right number on, I have informed customer services but am not getting anywhere, does anyone know who I should send a letter to regarding this.

well i have since found out that my refund will not be applied back to my card until 6th september! someone's making plenty of interest out of us customers!

That's terrible. I'd definitely complain as it's totally unacceptable for your money to be held for such a long time (I thought it was bad enough when my bank messed up an authorisation and it took 5 working days for my money to be returned)

Although in saying that QVC and the bank will probably blame each other.

Babe Rainbow xx

That's terrible. I'd definitely complain as it's totally unacceptable for your money to be held for such a long time (I thought it was bad enough when my bank messed up an authorisation and it took 5 working days for my money to be returned)

Although in saying that QVC and the bank will probably blame each other.

Babe Rainbow xx

they already have! :headbang:

Sorry to hear that hun *HUGS*

When it happened to me the bank told me to get Amazon to fax them requesting the hold be lifted. You could try doing that although I somehow doubt QVC will be as helpful.

After this happening I'll definitely think even harder about any QVC purchases if this is what is going to happen should I get them to cancel an order before it is sent out.

Hope it gets sorted out for you soon.

Babe Rainbow xx

I sent something back on August 18th (first class) It's shown up in my account as 'returned' today (and I've been checking daily.) I'm not expecting refund to arrive in my bank account for at least 5 days. However, I may be pleasantly surprised.

I'm pleasantly surprised. :blush:The money went back into my account yesterday .. that's 3 days after it showed up as returned.

Other than that, I've recently sent back a Diamonique ring that they charged £2.95 P&P and it cost me 64p first class!!

The problem with that is, if it goes missing you would have no insurance as they don't cover any jewellary on normal first class post.

Well I am furious with QVC, I have just received a letter telling me they have no confirmation in their warehouse of my returned item, but they are refunding me as I requested, they also inform me that I must send things back as signed for post otherwise they will not be able to refund if it is not received, well the item I sent back was in fact recorded delivery and according to royal mail was delivered to them the very next day after I posted it, I feel mad with this apparent 'slap on the hand', and dont feel like ordering from them again, although I have been with them since day 1.

I always send stuff back by recorded delivery - I thought that was more than adequate? considering the lady in the post office,always suggests I'm mad to do this and "plenty of other people send it normal post and its fine"??

Well I am furious with QVC, I have just received a letter telling me they have no confirmation in their warehouse of my returned item, but they are refunding me as I requested, they also inform me that I must send things back as signed for post otherwise they will not be able to refund if it is not received, well the item I sent back was in fact recorded delivery and according to royal mail was delivered to them the very next day after I posted it, I feel mad with this apparent 'slap on the hand', and dont feel like ordering from them again, although I have been with them since day 1.

I thought recorded delivery WAS signed for post - i.e. you have to sign for it to record the delivery has taken place??

I thought recorded delivery WAS signed for post - i.e. you have to sign for it to record the delivery has taken place??

Recorded delivery IS signed-for delivery. Unfortunately, in my experience, some Recorded Delivery items are delivered to QVC with the ordinary mail and fail to get booked in.

I tend to return things that cost £40+ via special delivery and all of the rest via Recorded Delivery.

In my experience, items sent via SD or RD from the same post office, at the same time, are not always 'returned to the warehouse' - as the call centre operatives term it - at the same time, despite Royal Mail having delivered all of the returned items to QVC at the same time! Reportedly, different departments are more efficient than others when dealing with returns. I have found the beauty department to be decidedly tardy.

Last edited:
Special Delivery mail is, at all stages of it's journey, trackable and kept separate from the ordinary mail. Whereas Recorded Delivery travels with the ordinary mail; it's only trackable once the postie has obtained a signature. You can also get proof of posting for ordinary post and I can't understand why QVC think Recorded Delivery is better. Either way you can show the returned item has been posted; RD doesn't give the addressee any guarantees or insurance (as any ebayers will know).

Rosylee if you wanted to respond to their letter I'd quote the recorded delivery reference which they can track for themselves on the royal mail website and see that it's been scanned into their returns depot (they don't physically sign for every package). They could have checked this for themselves and phrased their letter without sounding suspicious or as though they're doing you a favour refunding your money.

I recently had problems with an item not delivered; because I'd ordered 2 versions of the same item number I couldn't get them to trace the actual literal missing one. I emailed them 5 times to correct their mistake but still had two letters showing the signature for the received item (No sh!t Sherlock!) with a rather nasty tone saying that was the end of their investigation. It took nearly 2 months to get a refund because they sent me yet another declaration to fill in and I argued that I'd already done one AAAAaaaaargh. :sweat:

The only thing this has taught me is that I'll never buy 2 of the same item number on a single order number, ie. checked out in the same basket. They just couldn't tell their @rse from their elbow :wonder: if anything goes astray.

Jude xx

Thanks Akimbo, I dont know why they have not checked the barcode, bec ause they would have seen it had been delivered back, it has obviously gone missing in their warehouse, dont think I will order from them again, I have made my mind up now.will be better for me, I will save hundreds of pounds.

Latest posts

Back