Return by Courier

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Chrissi

Registered Shopper
This is the first time I have had to arrange a courier collection for a return to QVC (bliddy awful Big Shot Express machine that almost screams everytime I use it, which in turn launches the dog...my neighbours must love me!), so called up today after one final try with it last night, anyways, long story short, woman at Customer Services was not happy I was returning it because of the God awful noise it makes (did say to her I would be happy to swap it for a Big Shot, but they didn't appear to have any in stock...shame) and when I asked her when it would be collected I was told 5-7 working days! Excellent.

Thank God I live with my Mum and she can actually stay in until it's collected, well she doesn't really as we know our Hermes courier so if he doesn't get us we can just give him a call.

Moan over...

Return by courier

Our Hermes lady usually comes to collect the day after we have phoned to arrange the return even though they quote 5-7 working days. In fact the first time I had phoned early morning and she came in the afternoon and it wasn't ready for her.

Our Hermes lady usually comes to collect the day after we have phoned to arrange the return even though they quote 5-7 working days. In fact the first time I had phoned early morning and she came in the afternoon and it wasn't ready for her.

Same here with my Hermes Lady, she's very efficient. I think it's just a matter of luck as to how good your local courier is.

Last edited:
Oh 'eck I hope he doesn't come tomorrow, it's the only day there won't be anyone in! Mind we know him anyway, his relatives just stay down the stairs from us, so it's not the end of the world.

Most collections are manifested the day after you request it.
Couriers get really cross because it seems most of the time customers are told it will be about 5 days time and we turn up the day after the request was made - and the items are not ready, so we end up having to make another trip or hang about while things are wrapped and forms filled in.

So my advice is, get it ready to go back and then ring up for the collection :up:

Oh 'eck I hope he doesn't come tomorrow, it's the only day there won't be anyone in! Mind we know him anyway, his relatives just stay down the stairs from us, so it's not the end of the world.

Chrissi, as you say you won't be in tomorrow and you have the courier's phone number, do them a favour and give them a call to let them know the best time to call :happy:
That way there won't be a wasted journey.

Latest posts

Back