Returns

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

janie

Registered Shopper
apologies if it's been done to death before but i was inspired to start a thread by all the comments on the waitlist thread.

basically, 1. why does qvc consider it normal to recycle items? their prices aren't exactly cheap and the p&p is horrendous so how can they expect us to pay that with no guarantee of a new unused item? (i still would think it was wrong if they were cheap or if it's clearance).

and 2. who/how do they decide if the item has been used/worn etc? what right do they have to send it off to another customer?

i just don't get it - why is this considered acceptable?

Is that what happens? I think I have received an item which loooked as if it had been with someone else previously once or twice, which is still too often IMO.

Noooo!....they never send out returned items :angel:

I was told quite firmly the Bissell carpet shampoo machine that arrived with water in the tank and with no packing, just floating around in the box was in fact one they had tried out in the factory ! :happy:

The rubber stamp set in which one had been inked was also one that had been factory tested.

They almost held up their hands on the Anna Griffin card set with 1/3rd of the stickers missing..?? ..they sort of fobbed me off with "don't understand how that could possibly happen..as we never send.. etc.. etc will send you some vouchers. (they never materialized ) :wonder:

Moral is, never accept a one off from waitlist, check if item is back in stock, if not, almost cetainly a return!

daydreamer

When placing an order, and indeed purchasing anything online or from a store, it is completely illegal to receive a used item unless warned before placing the order that it may not be new!

Last edited:
louise

many MANY years ago - maybe about 15, i used to order quite a bit of clothing. they actually had some nice stuff in those days and reasonably priced too. i got returns over and over again. they're not remotely subtle about it - they don't even bother repacking. you get a plastic bag that's crumpled/ripped with used sellotape all over it, just stuck back down with a bit more tape! if it's anything that would be packed in tissue paper, the paper is all crumpled and stuffed back in the bag or box. boxes themselves, including jewellery boxes, are often grubby, sellotaped and obviously been round the block a few times.

daydreamer

because it's happened to me countless times and is so obvious, i'm stunned to hear they deny it!! that's why i asked why they considered it acceptable!
i'm a ditherer and all the time i'm dithering i'm aware that if i don't order it, NOW, chances are i'll get a return and it REALLY puts me off.

stumpy

that is VERY interesting information. at that rate, qvc break the law as a matter of routine, day in, day out.

Found this here... http://www.independent.co.uk/news/consumers-warned-over-used-goods-sold-as-new-1345914.html

The Trades Descriptions Act and the Sale of Goods Act both say that goods have to be as described. Therefore for a product to be called "new" there should have been no transfer to anyone else between the shop and the purchaser. "Even if something is bought and then brought back the next day it is still second-hand," said a spokeswoman for the Department of Trade and Industry.

Found this here... http://www.independent.co.uk/news/consumers-warned-over-used-goods-sold-as-new-1345914.html

The Trades Descriptions Act and the Sale of Goods Act both say that goods have to be as described. Therefore for a product to be called "new" there should have been no transfer to anyone else between the shop and the purchaser. "Even if something is bought and then brought back the next day it is still second-hand," said a spokeswoman for the Department of Trade and Industry.

that's how i see it - i object to paying full price for something that's second-hand. ok, things get returned to shops as well but at least you get the chance to look at it before you buy and make your own mind up. also, you then don't have to pay to return it.

Latest posts

Back