Reviews

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes and yes. If it's clothes I look to see what size people have bought if they are a similar shape/size to me. If it's household stuff I look to see what kind of quality the item is. That said, everyone's idea of everything is different so it's always a bit hit and miss. If everyone thinks something is rubbish then I steer well clear lol.

CC

Like CC said I look to get idea about sizing but in all honesty most reviews are as much use as an ashtray on a bike.

There is no point in saying it is too small/too big if they don't say what their usual size is.
Or just that they luvvvve it (WTF use is that)
Or thanking Q for SELLING it to them you would think they had been especially picked out to be allowed to buy.
Or the stupid bints who leave a review for a completely different item in another brand.

Where clothes are concerned its always helpful when buyers say what their high street size is and how their QVC items compare ..think it would be helpful if QVC asked reviewers to review the fit and sizing. ...and i agree some reviews are worthless in helping one to decide

Yes & yes. I always try to leave them too, because I'm so grateful to read others.

I always take a look at the reviews for things, find them really useful, but I must admit I've never left one for anything in my life!

Like CC said I look to get idea about sizing but in all honesty most reviews are as much use as an ashtray on a bike.

There is no point in saying it is too small/too big if they don't say what their usual size is.
Or just that they luvvvve it (WTF use is that)
Or thanking Q for SELLING it to them you would think they had been especially picked out to be allowed to buy.
Or the stupid bints who leave a review for a completely different item in another brand.

The eBay ones are the worst. If you sell in any volume it's pretty much impossible to hang on to your 100% positive feedback, irrespective of the level of service you provide. I've seen people leave negative feedback for a DVD with the comment "Rubbish film" and, best of all, those who accompany their negative feedback with the comment "Great eBayer, would recommend"!!

Last edited:
Not any more . .......Most seem to write them as soon as they receive something or use it once ,or they hate something and send it back straight away. I think reviews should only be put up when things are used and tested for a period of time.

With some companies as soon as the item arrives ,I'm being bombarded with requests for a review.Often I haven't even used the product ,so I never bother and I take other reviews with a pinch of salt.

Yes, I like to read the neg ones to see why the person did not rate the product. They do have them on QVC!!

Ebay I read, Minx In Space the neutrals and negs I do read as well. Some are genuine reasons fake etc, others are just down right silly sometimes. I then make a decision to buy or not. I had something arrive yesterday, well Burberry lipstick. The seller was pretty new to it all and had the lipstick wrapped in newspaper, then a plastic box(the ones you get with carry out food, unused), and finally a padded envelop!!!! I was tempted to message her and explain a bit of bubble wrap and the padded envelop more than enough, also save on her postage costs which to me free.

If buying from online I do also like to read the reviews of sites, recently bought from parfuMaria in the Netherlands. Glowing reviews from many all over the world on different forums. These were 100% right.

We are big Skegan fans in our house and I've purchased both from Q and on DHS. This week I placed an order directly from Skegan and I've got say it was a pleasure. Free postage (on the value of order) despatched immediately, kept informed all the way, delivered promptly and packaged correctly (safe and sound but not in a box 3 times the size). All from Germany.

A whole different ball game compared to Q. Not a bit wonder I hardly order anything now.

Yes, I like to read the neg ones to see why the person did not rate the product. They do have them on QVC!!

Ebay I read, Minx In Space the neutrals and negs I do read as well. Some are genuine reasons fake etc, others are just down right silly sometimes. I then make a decision to buy or not. I had something arrive yesterday, well Burberry lipstick. The seller was pretty new to it all and had the lipstick wrapped in newspaper, then a plastic box(the ones you get with carry out food, unused), and finally a padded envelop!!!! I was tempted to message her and explain a bit of bubble wrap and the padded envelop more than enough, also save on her postage costs which to me free.

If buying from online I do also like to read the reviews of sites, recently bought from parfuMaria in the Netherlands. Glowing reviews from many all over the world on different forums. These were 100% right.

Yes, I always go straight to the neutrals and negatives. It's not usually hard to work out which ones have a legitimate grievance! You can get some great bargains on eBay.

good for sizes. bought a pair of dg jeans and luckily read all the reviews had to go down 2 sizes so saved me a lot of irritation

Latest posts

Back