Richard III

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My elder son followed after me and did his history degree at Newcastle, Art Deco. I got the love of history from my Dad, who inspite of his chemistry degree had a real love of the subject.Would also love to meet Rupert of the Rhine.

It was really good - I just look forward to the Beeb version which is sure to follow - without the adverts!

He looked quite striking, I didn't think his face was a million miles from the picture.

The description of his death at the end hit home, what brutal times they were, there again not much has changed in some places thoughout the world.

Lots more fascinating stuff to come for sure. I'd also like to know more about the modern day ancestry. It must feel very strange today to know you're related to someone so important from the past.

They're arguing were he should be buried now!

I thought because they had a licence to exhume that it had to follow that and it was stated that it had to be Leicester. I would like the Josephine Tey book to be dramatised on TV.

Yes, you're right FP, but because of the links via wedding, coronation etc, Yorkshire now are putting in a claim for him to be buried at York Minster - watch this space!

I thought because they had a licence to exhume that it had to follow that and it was stated that it had to be Leicester. I would like the Josephine Tey book to be dramatised on TV.

That would be good - in the past I've seen Brat Farrar and The Franchise Affair, the Daughter of Time would be a brilliant one to do next!

wondered if that might be it LEL..!

have now watched the prog - fascinating! Really enjoyed it, and as mentioned earlier, a dramatisation of the Josephine Tey book would be brilliant. And I vote Richard Armitage for the part - he can bring his own nose!

sublime it's true I promise. Nick Wotsit did a majorly in-depth investigation into this Leicestershire woman's clothes line. They had experts in birds nesting habits on live links from the Outer Hebrides, the lot. Kept the entire community in giggles for days...
You don't mean the Look North "that is presented tonight by Harry Gration and Judith Stamper" do you? That was the Yorkshire one when I was a kid, but think there's a number of them, Cumbria, North East etc. Wonder if Tyne Tees is still going...wandering off topic and down memory lane now!

I didn't disbelieve it, AD, in fact, it rang a bell hidden deep in my memory. It also kept me laughing like a hyena for hours afterwards, and thank you, I really needed it!

'Twas indeed Harry and Judith I spent part of my young life watching. Oh, and Tyne Tees TV is still going, and it merged with Yorkshire, if memory serves.

PS I just went to google Tyne Tees and their top story tonight is 'We want Richard! We want Richard!' Leicester's refusing to hand over the bones. I foresee another right royal battle ...

Latest posts

Back