Rosemary & Craft

• Thread starter Deleted member 3549
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

D

Deleted member 3549

Guest Shopper
Sorry as I know its been mentioned on other craft type posts but just got an email from Rosemary's craft shop re her not appearing, this is what the website is saying. Sounds like she was expecting to be on.

Not quite sure how a huge organisation like QVC will feel with someone providing the contact details for people to contact them with feedback re the cancellation...

A Message from Rosemary

Hi everyone

A lot of people have been asking why I wasn’t on QVC craft day on 21 January, and have speculated that I may have still been performing in pantomime. I was actually due to be on air for two hours, and I was fully available to do whatever they required of me on that day. However, QVC decided two weeks ago to withdraw those shows. They have also cancelled two hours I was due to present in February. For now that’s about as much as I know but if you have anything to feed back to QVC, this is the place to do it:

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.a...CustServ,html?cm_re=Footer-_-Help-_-ContactUs

Thank you all for your interest and support
Love, Rosemary x

I don't see any problem with that, as long as it's the truth-and I respect Rosemary enough to think it is.
Rosemary and her husband have drummed up a lot of extra publicity for QVC over the last couple of years, and I think they had hoped that they were getting somewhere with persuading QVC to provide more scrapbooking stuff. The stuff they have offered (QVC, I mean) unfortunately has been a bit repetative ( Lisa Bearnson/Cosmo cricket bumper packs, anyone?) and hasn't been very current on the whole, so that I don't think it has always sold well-hence the constant rehashing of old stock. I have got some really lovely kits reduced heavily in the last clicks-have no idea why they were sold off so quickly. Basically I don't think the buyers get the right stuff, then it looks like no-one wants scrapbooking stuff, so they will concentrate on the shows that make most money-which appears to be the card making. It must be annoying for her to have been dropped-especially if she had been asked to work on samples. I know Marion who has done 2 new shows presenting stamps, and she has said that she has literally been given only a week to produce samples for the show she just did, so it looks as though QVC have been making some snap decisions about what shows to run-it looks to me, as if they may have cancelled Rosemary at around the same time Marions first show was such a success. It's ruthless- why shouldn't Rosemary give people a link to make comments, especially as there was very very little scrapbooking this tme (no dedicated show, anyhow.)

In the past, I have bought a lot of scrapbooking kits from QVC, as they had a better selection of papers and embellishments than the card making kits. Also, I found them to be better value. I miss Rosemary's hours, they were a breath of fresh air. I'm gradually weaning myself away from QVC crafts. It's more geared up for the beginners now...too many peel and stick kits. There's a wider choice and much better prices online, and at craft shops.

Maybe Rosemary has been cancelled as she isn't a member of the Bibby family.
Perhaps Amy will now be the resident scrap booker with all her years of crafting knowledge. :cheeky:

Latest posts

Back