Ruth's Cotton Cardigan

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Perhaps Ruth was a bit pissed off with Catherine's smugness now that she loves to tell us she's "lost four stone". Yes well bully for you and you look nice but we all have an idea how you lost it and that gets my goat actually as some diabetics are now on insulin because their injectable prescription just wasn't available anywhere. Ah well as long as you look good in a pair of jeans eh?

CC (sorry, in a mood tonight)
I can't get my Liraglutide/Victoza Ozempic for diabetes because of these weight loss people

This is a genuine question, not a snipe, why are you on liraglutide and not just metformin
Not sure I just take what I'm told to by the diabetes clinic I also take gliclazide 2 x 80 twice a day & 54 units of tresiba insulin once a day

God I'm nosey, sorry, liragulutide is for weight loss and the other 2 for blood sugar/insulin levels?
Going back to paying for the drugs, Ruth and of course catherine are and where bigger than you.

Not sure I just take what I'm told to by the diabetes clinic I also take gliclazide 2 x 80 twice a day & 54 units of tresiba insulin once a day
As a nurse, I feel really angry that people who need these medications can’t get them because of shortages caused by individuals who think that this is a quick fix. Not only are they depriving people of their medications, I’m concerned as to how they are obtaining them, who is prescribing them and tge long term damage that their impatience will cause them.

As a nurse, I feel really angry that people who need these medications can’t get them because of shortages caused by individuals who think that this is a quick fix. Not only are they depriving people of their medications, I’m concerned as to how they are obtaining them, who is prescribing them and tge long term damage that their impatience will cause them.
A program I watched on the BBC showed people were not even buying pre filled pens they were having to mix thier own solutions if you google ozempic for example it is frightening

Most type 2 diabetes is self inflicted
Oh really what do you know about type 2 diabetics, I assume absolutely nothing from your crass comment but more likely stuff you've seen on tv. Rubbish type 2 is not self inflicted, I would be very guarded unkess you really know what you're talking about, attitudes like yours make me so angry. I am type 2 have been since I was 69, 8 years ago. I was not someone who ate rubbish, had takeaways and slim. Type 1 and Type2 run in my family and not one of them had poor lifestyle or eating habits, but ate a mediterranean diet, I personally have not eaten meat since I was 5 years old. Hiw dare you tell me that mine is self inflicted. 😡😡😡

Last edited:
Most type 2 diabetes is self inflicted
I don't have diabetes but Mr CC does. He tells me pregnant women can get type 2, nothing to do with being fat in that case and usually disappears after birth. Yes Mr CC was fat and lost stones on the injectable drugs. Maybe in his case it was self inflicted but I think your comment is a bit of a sweeping statement. He can't get Liroglutide now for love nor money and now has to take insulin.

I've got heart failure. If my drugs were suddenly proved to aid weight loss would I be unable to get them? Quite frankly I'd be dead within a year. People with genuine medical need should be given priority for medication surely?

CC

I read a piece in The Guardian online about, in England, it seems there are major shortages of certain meds. Diabetes, HRT and sorry forget the other one.

Two years ago, I could not get my asthma inhaler here in Northern Ireland, it is the most common one. Even the alternative one I could not get. I started freaking out! I remember Sazza who is in Scotland used the same inhaler and never had a problem getting it. Fortunately it did come back in stock, I was down to the last one I had which was half used. Since then, I order one every month even if I don't need it, sorry, but it makes me feel safe to have an extra two on stand by.

Prescription meds are like currency to some people. When I worked at the hostel it was amazing how many people sold or bought meds, anything from diazepam to antibiotics, painkillers or cough medicines and the problem worsened when Doctors stopped seeing people face to face and prescribed simply after a phonecall or zoom call.
They stopped prescribing weekly or monthly amounts of methadone and made it a daily script so the user had to take it in front of the pharmacist and collect it each day. In the past they often sold much of their methadone which some people bought as a recreational drug and then they used the money from selling their methadone to buy heroin.
Non addicts often made a small fortune selling their prescription pain killers or valium or even antibiotics when addicts had an abscess or toothache and couldn`t get a dental appointment. Plus prescription cough treatments were popular too.
When people lead chaotic lifestyles, often homeless or with health or mental health issues they`ll buy anything from anybody if they think it will help feed their cravings or health problems, usually because they aren`t even registered with a GP or trying to hide their addiction issues. A bottle of valium could make you 100 quid when sold as individual tablets.

Pregabalin is the big one here. There have been a number of deaths, the addicts buying what turn out to be fake ones and ODing. People even selling their genuine Pregabalin for £20 a tablet.

Pregabalin is the big one here. There have been a number of deaths, the addicts buying what turn out to be fake ones and ODing. People even selling their genuine Pregabalin for £20 a tablet.
Pregabalin and Gabapentin are controlled drugs, they became so about 5 years ago, doctors can only prescribe one months worth at a time and prescription has to be dispensed within 28 days of the prescription being written.

Pregabalin and Gabapentin are controlled drugs, they became so about 5 years ago, doctors can only prescribe one months worth at a time and prescription has to be dispensed within 28 days of the prescription being written.
I know, not sure if only N.I.? They stopped prescribing it for many conditions. A friend takes it, she had to sign for her prescription each month. I did ask how she continued to Pregabalin? She said it was the hospital, not her GP, who prescribed it for her anxiety. I did not know you got it for that, thought it was pain?

Just goes to show how entitled and selfish people at QVC are!
If what is being said on here is correct?
If it’s true the damage they could cause themselves,in later life (self inflicted) no sympathy from me,sympathy for those who need to have that particular drug now for their condition👍

Latest posts

Back