Samantha Ovens

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think she’s doing a great job! Sensible , calm and informative. I remember some time ago they tried desperately to make model Frankie into a fashion presenter. What a car crash that turned out to be. She was hopeless, tongue tied, and self conscious. It was embarrassing to watch. I think we will see more of Sam.

I think she’s doing a great job! Sensible , calm and informative. I remember some time ago they tried desperately to make model Frankie into a fashion presenter. What a car crash that turned out to be. She was hopeless, tongue tied, and self conscious. It was embarrassing to watch. I think we will see more of Sam.
I hope so. She has a musical voice, unlike so many shriekers.

Me too! I think she's great,sent her a tweet saying so and she was thrilled! She loves her little doggy so much💛🐾

I swear I’ve saw Frankie on a Virgin Atlantic advert not long ago?

The theme tune is “I am what I am” and she appears as a glam character who open her mouth and sticks out her tongue to show it full of bling piercings?!

I swear I’ve saw Frankie on a Virgin Atlantic advert not long ago?

The theme tune is “I am what I am” and she appears as a glam character who open her mouth and sticks out her tongue to show it full of bling piercings?!
Yes she was. I thought it looked awful, and I noticed that they took that bit out of the advert quite quickly.

There was a bit on that ad I didn’t understand. Everyone was what was once perceived as different, trans, piercings, female pilot etc but I couldn’t figure out what was different with the middle aged woman looking out the window. However our TV is quite modest in size and my eyes aren’t as good as they were plus I’m usually doing something else at the same time.

Talking about adverts have you noticed that vegan chicken dippers cartoon ad where the child is asking the mother why they don’t have them, has deleted the bit where the child says mother was worried they would all laugh about the night mummy served up the rubbish meal. What is left is still sick bucket making and I can’t imagine what binlid thought that any of it would appeal to a mother.

Last edited:
I don't understand the majority of ads these days, which is why I do a lot of recording so I can f/f the ads. Shreiky voices, rap music, kids that say "can I have" without so much as a 'please'. Then its garden centres, chatty cups of coffee with granny, and beach scenes advertising all forms of funeral plans for my age group. I just think "oh, f.... off ! "

There was a bit on that ad I didn’t understand. Everyone was what was once perceived as different, trans, piercings, female pilot etc but I couldn’t figure out what was different with the middle aged woman looking out the window. However our TV is quite modest in size and my eyes aren’t as good as they were plus I’m usually doing something else at the same time.

Talking about adverts have you noticed that vegan chicken dippers cartoon ad where the child is asking the mother why they don’t have them, has deleted the bit where the child says mother was worried they would all laugh about the night mummy served up the rubbish meal. What is left is still sick bucket making and I can’t imagine what binlid thought that any of it would appeal to a mother.
I tried them they are horrible.

I have a total girl crush on Sam Ovens! She is so professional, calm and believable when presenting that I find myself wanting to purchase!
Helps that’s she’s ****** stunning and classy with it.
Don’t think I’ll end up looking like her if I buy an Ashwood Hannah tho!! 😂😂

I have a total girl crush on Sam Ovens! She is so professional, calm and believable when presenting that I find myself wanting to purchase!
Helps that’s she’s ****** stunning and classy with it.
Don’t think I’ll end up looking like her if I buy an Ashwood Hannah tho!! 😂😂
She does well. So much calmer and more relaxed than many of the women presenters at QVC who often sound like excited parrots.

She was indeed. She would make a great QVC presenter, assuming she would be “allowed” to present as she is doing as a guest.
P.S. just googled her (I’m bored), she’s in her late 40’s.
Why would she not be allowed to present as she is doing now as a guest?

I don't understand the majority of ads these days, which is why I do a lot of recording so I can f/f the ads. Shreiky voices, rap music, kids that say "can I have" without so much as a 'please'. Then its garden centres, chatty cups of coffee with granny, and beach scenes advertising all forms of funeral plans for my age group. I just think "oh, f.... off ! "
That just made me laugh out loud and almost snort my tea. I always long to SAY to tedious folk that exact phrase, but I don't.

I once sat next to a very rude young woman on a flight who insisted on getting up and down and up and down and again and again (she was window I was middle and a man on aisle), never said excuse me, just got up and started moving and expected us to. "What's the problem?" she asked me. I said (through gritted teeth) "It's called manners and you've none". She had no clue what "I was on about" 😁. Spilt my red wine on her when she was asleep 😇😇

CC

Latest posts

Back