Samantha Ovens

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That just made me laugh out loud and almost snort my tea. I always long to SAY to tedious folk that exact phrase, but I don't.

I once sat next to a very rude young woman on a flight who insisted on getting up and down and up and down and again and again (she was window I was middle and a man on aisle), never said excuse me, just got up and started moving and expected us to. "What's the problem?" she asked me. I said (through gritted teeth) "It's called manners and you've none". She had no clue what "I was on about" 😁. Spilt my red wine on her when she was asleep 😇😇

CC
Naughty, CC! Red wine stains are difficult to get out. She must have wondered how it happened.

That just made me laugh out loud and almost snort my tea. I always long to SAY to tedious folk that exact phrase, but I don't.

I once sat next to a very rude young woman on a flight who insisted on getting up and down and up and down and again and again (she was window I was middle and a man on aisle), never said excuse me, just got up and started moving and expected us to. "What's the problem?" she asked me. I said (through gritted teeth) "It's called manners and you've none". She had no clue what "I was on about" 😁. Spilt my red wine on her when she was asleep 😇😇

CC
What a relief when she fell asleep. You must have been glad you had that rag and ampoule of chloroform in your flight bag.

Naughty, CC! Red wine stains are difficult to get out. She must have wondered how it happened.
I care not :D Despite hating flying, I have been on many many flights in my life because I love travelling. Some of the folk I've had to sit beside . . . well, I could write a book. That particular passenger was one of the worst. I mean HOW MANY TIMES DO YOU NEED TO LOOK IN YOUR ****** HAND LUGGAGE????? Tosser. Can women be tossers? She was.

CC :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure I've sat next to HER on a night flight back from America, except we didn't have to get up..she literally climbed over both of us each time! There was no shut-eye on that flight!
It was her. Pain in the ****** arse woman. I don't even know why I'm getting cross about it as it was years ago lol.

CC

I sat next to a young woman with her 3 or 4 year-old son on the flight to Antigua about 15 years ago. I was in the window seat, thank goodness. She was a nurse working in the UK, heading home to Antigua to see her family. We had barely taken off when a glass of champagne was delivered to the woman from “the gentleman in row xx”. After a short while she asked if she could leave the child with me for 5 minutes (it was more like 15) - obviously heading back to thank and chat to said gentleman, whom she had met in the airport lounge. On her return with replenished glass of fizz, she tried to get the kid to sleep but he was having none of it. He had already discovered that I was “delighted” to be interrupted from watching the film I’d started and was showing me how his toys went round and round the fold-down tray and how he could touch the overhead lockers when he jumped on the seat. Realising he was entertaining himself with me, she then disappeared for absolutely ages and didn’t even ask me if it was ok this time. I assume she was “thanking” the gentleman again. When the kid went quiet and looked at his book, I pretended to be asleep so he’d leave me alone, but he started pinching me. A lovely flight. One good thing, however: going through the drawn-out process at Arrivals, I joined the back of a very long queue at Immigration and was looking at a good 40 minute wait by all accounts. All of a sudden, the woman appeared and led me to another queue but with about 3 people in it, where she took me through with her, a National, as her friend. She obviously knew the people manning it and they pretty much waved me through! It was almost worth the child-minding!

CC
You did what?????? No shitting?

CC
You should have pointed out that an aisle seat would be appropriate next time.

I sat next to a young woman with her 3 or 4 year-old son on the flight to Antigua about 15 years ago. I was in the window seat, thank goodness. She was a nurse working in the UK, heading home to Antigua to see her family. We had barely taken off when a glass of champagne was delivered to the woman from “the gentleman in row xx”. After a short while she asked if she could leave the child with me for 5 minutes (it was more like 15) - obviously heading back to thank and chat to said gentleman, whom she had met in the airport lounge. On her return with replenished glass of fizz, she tried to get the kid to sleep but he was having none of it. He had already discovered that I was “delighted” to be interrupted from watching the film I’d started and was showing me how his toys went round and round the fold-down tray and how he could touch the overhead lockers when he jumped on the seat. Realising he was entertaining himself with me, she then disappeared for absolutely ages and didn’t even ask me if it was ok this time. I assume she was “thanking” the gentleman again. When the kid went quiet and looked at his book, I pretended to be asleep so he’d leave me alone, but he started pinching me. A lovely flight. One good thing, however: going through the drawn-out process at Arrivals, I joined the back of a very long queue at Immigration and was looking at a good 40 minute wait by all accounts. All of a sudden, the woman appeared and led me to another queue but with about 3 people in it, where she took me through with her, a National, as her friend. She obviously knew the people manning it and they pretty much waved me through! It was almost worth the child-minding!
Sounds like she knew it was an imposition and at least found a decent way to make some small amends.

“What's the problem?" she asked me. I said (through gritted teeth) "It's called manners and you've none". She had no clue what "I was on about" 😁. Spilt my red wine on her when she was asleep 😇😇

CC

I would add that I suggested to someone similar that perhaps it was their upbringing (that made them so rude) to which she replied….’huh I go to confession every week’…no answer to that 😳

Sounds like she knew it was an imposition and at least found a decent way to make some small amends.
Yes, she probably felt bad and had told the little boy to say thank you for playing with him when we parted ways on the plane earlier, so she wasn’t an ignorant madam like the one candycane encountered. She didn’t have to help me through Immigration at all and could have run off and forgotten me, but that little gesture from her meant a lot to me.

You did what?????? No shitting?
No shitting indeed and it warmed my heart that she had a white top on as well :D

On a flight thing. I once sat next to a very well dressed young man - 8 years old maybe? Flight from Heathrow to Edinburgh. We were chatting and the trolley came round and this little chancer ordered pop and crisps and everything and I ordered wine and nuts as I do. I was charged for the whole lot!!! Eh? "he's not my child" said I. Oh well he's an assisted passenger said they. Yes, And? ****** cheek. To be fair though he was a delight and I could have stolen him to live with me forever.

CC

No shitting indeed and it warmed my heart that she had a white top on as well :D

On a flight thing. I once sat next to a very well dressed young man - 8 years old maybe? Flight from Heathrow to Edinburgh. We were chatting and the trolley came round and this little chancer ordered pop and crisps and everything and I ordered wine and nuts as I do. I was charged for the whole lot!!! Eh? "he's not my child" said I. Oh well he's an assisted passenger said they. Yes, And? ****** cheek. To be fair though he was a delight and I could have stolen him to live with me forever.

CC
If he was as nice as you describe, I would gladly have paid for his drink and snacks as well but the airline should not assume that you would, knowing you were unconnected.

If he was as nice as you describe, I would gladly have paid for his drink and snacks as well but the airline should not assume that you would, knowing you were unconnected.
Oh yes, the air hostess knew!! I think he was a regular flyer (BA, mum in london, dad in scotland). He had a badge on. Loved him though. Had I had a child it would be him :D

CC

Oh yes, the air hostess knew!! I think he was a regular flyer (BA, mum in london, dad in scotland). He had a badge on. Loved him though. Had I had a child it would be him :D

CC
He probably ran to meet his mum/dad at the airport and said, “Got another sucker - paid for the pop and crisps and everything. I’ve got enough BA teddy bears now so didn’t try and get another today.”

Latest posts

Back