Sbc Tsv 23/7/08

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Are SBC gels really good quality products or are they simply overpriced products full of water? I want to like them but am anxious not to waste my money on more things to clutter my home. :confused:

Yup full of water and alcohol....much better getting other products, for instance arnica & aloe vera gels/creams, get them at healthfood stores, you'll get more active ingredients, you can 99% pure aloe vera gel as opposed to the pidddling % in SBC.

Oh dear, I've never tried SBC and I am now beginning to think I ought to go for this TSV... This forum will lead me to total poverty!

I know! I've bought skincare / cosmetics I've hardly used in the past but am tightening my belt now due to the credit crunch. We need a recovery group, LOL! 12 steps to help you resist a TSV you don't really need.

I know! I've bought skincare / cosmetics I've hardly used in the past but am tightening my belt now due to the credit crunch. We need a recovery group, LOL! 12 steps to help you resist a TSV you don't really need.

PLEASE can I join?

I can't take to this brand simply because of the fact that each product is chock full of alcohol and that is not a great ingredient for the skin. One minute Ali Young is saying, don't spray perfume on your neck because the alcohol in it will react with sunlight and age the skin, the next she's telling us to smear a load of gel containing at least as much alcohol as most perfumes all over our faces. Is it me?

I can't take to this brand simply because of the fact that each product is chock full of alcohol and that is not a great ingredient for the skin. One minute Ali Young is saying, don't spray perfume on your neck because the alcohol in it will react with sunlight and age the skin, the next she's telling us to smear a load of gel containing at least as much alcohol as most perfumes all over our faces. Is it me?

Alcohol??? That doesn't sound good at all, I for one can't even use alcohol-based toners because my skin just can't take it! I was just so intrigued by the very positive reviews, especially the propolis gel (I think) which is meant to help keeping spots at bay, but not sure about it now... Thanks iclaudipuss!

sillysausage, the propolis gel would be very good for spots because alcohol will help dry them out along with the propolis which is anti-inflammatory in appropriate doses. My problem is wondering how the moisturising products can hydrate when alcohol dries the skin.

sillysausage, the propolis gel would be very good for spots because alcohol will help dry them out along with the propolis which is anti-inflammatory in appropriate doses. My problem is wondering how the moisturising products can hydrate when alcohol dries the skin.

Ah, I see... Though I am not 100% sure that tight skin (which is what I get when I use alcohol toners) is really what I'm after... might be too a high a price to pay... Oh, dilemmas, dilemmas! What a way to while away a saturday night!:)

Well, sillysausage, if you look at some of the celebrity gurus on QVC, you'll quite clearly see that beauty is rarely skin-deep but quite often skin-tight...

On the website just now

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.225759

SBC Top to Toe 5 Piece Cleanse & Moisturise Collection

Today's Special Value Price
£29.26

QVC Price
£35.00

Item Number

Availability
In stock

UK P&P
£5.45

Overall Rating no ratings no ratings
Be the first to write a review.
Write a review

Enriched with a sumptuous blend of essential oils and extracts, this five-piece SBC selection is not to be missed. The top-to-toe cleanse and moisturise collection contains SBC favourites collagen and arnica gels (500ml each), which are great for moisturising and soothing your body. The set also contains a time-saving 3-in-1 cleanser (250ml), soothing arnica shower gel (250ml) and a full-sized collagen hydra serum (30ml) for intensive facial moisturising. This great-value set is suitable for all skin types and can be used by the whole family.

Hmmm, I've had a look at the website, and I'm actually thinking that, as an introduction to SBC, this SBC 4 Piece Facial Collection might be even better than the TSV... Has anybody tried this?

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.223454

I'd been deliberating on this brand for ages but I finally took the plunge earlier this year on an 8 peice offer that doesnt seem to be available currently, but have since gone for another 8 piece:
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.224892/walk.yah.UKHB-U072

Love the propolis, doesn't feel astringent like many spot remedies and has been keeping mine down nicely, have used it on the kids cuts and grazes as well. I really like the vitamin e one (not in this set) gives me lovely smooth arms.

i loved the serum i tried it in a try me but I really don't need the rest got a couple of bottles of each stored away. Feel I might succumb and buy.

i loved the serum i tried it in a try me but I really don't need the rest got a couple of bottles of each stored away. Feel I might succumb and buy.

I have not tried the serum but feel I might be tempted even though I have collagen and arnica "in stock"
It looks like a good value kit :D

My mum gets through arnica by the gallon so will probably get the TSV and add the arnica items to her birthday prezzies next month.
I use all the SBC products and fortunately have no problems with the alcohol. I needed the aloe vera yesterday for sunburnt shoulders and it did a great job. Another favourite is the echinacea gel for when my sinus problems start.

I also loved the serum, here it is on it's own.

SBC Collagen Serum
QVC Price £21.25
Item Number 225603
Availability In stock
UK P&P £3.45

Get smoother, softer skin with the Intensive Collagen Hydra-gel serum from SBC (30ml). With its non-greasy, water-based consistency it's easily absorbed and will complement your daily skincare routine perfectly. It boasts 10% Marine Collagen and will help to smoothe your skin and temporarily minimise the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.

I also loved the serum, here it is on it's own.

SBC Collagen Serum
QVC Price £21.25
Item Number 225603
Availability In stock
UK P&P £3.45

Get smoother, softer skin with the Intensive Collagen Hydra-gel serum from SBC (30ml). With its non-greasy, water-based consistency it's easily absorbed and will complement your daily skincare routine perfectly. It boasts 10% Marine Collagen and will help to smoothe your skin and temporarily minimise the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.

It just shows you how good value the TSV is because for an extra £10 you can also have the collagen gel, arnica gel and shower gel and the cleanser

Well my friend says she will have the arnica and collegen gel so I may order.

Latest posts

Back