school bag almost sixty pound Jill Franks!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tilley

Registered Shopper
She never ceases to amaze with what she says. She suggests a Kipling bag costing almost sixty pounds is ideal as a school bag. Maybe where she went to school with her ballet and tap shoes she said she carried but apart from the fact a lot of schools have standard bags it would either get stolen or lost and wouldn't fit many books etc in.

I guess its like asking a non animal lover how much it takes to take care of a dog, they would be clueless and of course dead inside if they hate animals :mysmilie_59:

I have a few friends who have bought Kipling backpacks for their daughters - they may be expensive BUT they have lasted longer than cheaper versions. Plus they are washable too.

I think they're ideal for the job.

My Kipling work bag carried heavy files and books all over the country and was shoved in and out of luggage racks and served me well for years - sometimes it pays to spend more on one item than less on something that needs to be replaced over and over.

Blimey getting ready with my

41Pvi2168gL._SX342_.jpg

I have never seen an adult use one of these bags but they are very popular and practical for Primary School pupils.

I don't like Jill but on this occasion I do agree with her.
Buy cheap, buy twice.

No one is doubting the quality, it's the fact that it won't actually last the child five minutes will it if it gets stolen.

Probably in the world of Q all kids are at schools where theft is unknown - or even if it got stolen, you could always buy another one, (or take one from your present drawer?). Daft as a brush springs to mind and yet another example of presenters talking through their rear end, IMO.

She never ceases to amaze with what she says. She suggests a Kipling bag costing almost sixty pounds is ideal as a school bag. Maybe where she went to school with her ballet and tap shoes she said she carried but apart from the fact a lot of schools have standard bags it would either get stolen or lost and wouldn't fit many books etc in.

She doesn't live in the real world IMO. Parents struggle to buy School uniforms and shoes etc without spending that amount of money on a bag. Obviously those who are spouting this rubbish either haven't any children or have money to waste on unnecessary items.

My son has kiplings for school.

A batchel style that he has had and used practically everyday for about 4 years and a backpack that he uses on PE days and had about 2 years. They are excellent as school bags. They were expensive compared to many school bags but I hunted down and waited for bargain prices on Amazon they have more than paid for themselves.

My son has had a Nike backpack for the last 4 years bought for £10 from Sports Direct. Spending £60 on a school bag is over the top especially with fashion conscious girls who like to swap and change with the lastest styles, Having to buy £60 bags is going to be very expensive over the years.

I would have thought durability was secondary to 'things getting lost'. It's all very well for a Kipling bag to be durable, but the likelihood of its being lost/stolen/damaged at some point during the year is so high that durability is irrelevant, surely. And what about the poor kids whose parents couldn't possibly spend such money on a school bag, and who have to make do with something from down the market. I suppose the bag is the same as the iPhone and expensive jewellery that these stupid parents shower their kids with so they grow up thinking that money grows on trees and people who can't afford such trinkets are second-class citizens.

Last edited:
I would have thought durability was secondary to 'things getting lost'. It's all very well for a Kipling bag to be durable, but the likelihood of its being lost/stolen/damaged at some point during the year is so high that durability is irrelevant, surely. And what about the poor kids whose parents couldn't possibly spend such money on a school bag, and who have to make do with something from down the market. I suppose the bag is the same as the iPhone and expensive jewellery that these stupid parents shower their kids with so they grow up thinking that money grows on trees and people who can't afford such trinkets are second-class citizens.

This is Selly Telly - the presenters are there to sell stuff. To offer suggestions about how a product might be used.

If they applied your argument of 'what about the poor people who can't afford it?' then they might as well shut up shop and go home.

Is it really so bad for a presenter to suggest that a (durable, washable) bag could be used as a school bag? Really?

to break up this debate.... I originally thought the post was going to be saying that Jill Franks is literally the size/weight of a school bag.

I'll get my coat.

to break up this debate.... I originally thought the post was going to be saying that Jill Franks is literally the size/weight of a school bag.

I'll get my coat.

No way - have you felt the weight of those text books? Heavy, heavy.

Kipling is not a brand to show off in our house. We bought in black so it looks like any other school bag and removed monkeys. It was bought for practical reasons only. As well as being strong, long lasting and organised it sits really well on his back which is especially important now he carrys around a lot of weight. As for losing it, as it is with him all day that's not an issue. My older sons had PE kit bags stolen with expensive kit in but only because they had a seperate bag for PE kit and left it lying around.

This is Selly Telly - the presenters are there to sell stuff. To offer suggestions about how a product might be used.

If they applied your argument of 'what about the poor people who can't afford it?' then they might as well shut up shop and go home.

Is it really so bad for a presenter to suggest that a (durable, washable) bag could be used as a school bag? Really?

Yes, you're absolutely right.

Latest posts

Back