shame on you, people who hate basso and yet eat meat and wear leather

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Incidentally, as my good friend Yaz knows, I would be first there with her on any protest, but being incapacitated with cancer rather puts a dampener on such things, since I cannot even get out of the house now. I have, however, always been involved in protests and pro-active ways of bringing cruelty, in whatever form, to the notice of as many people as possible. One of the advantages of working in journalism for so long was that I was able to write about issues involving exploitation of people/animals and resources.

Yo honey you don't need to explain yourself to idiots on the forum who only post to sh*t stir. Ignore their inflammatory ramblings and treat them with the contempt they deserve. :mysmilie_12:

Well, that's fine, BFT, if that's the way you want to live, it's your call. I'm simply stating how I feel and how I live my life, and I couldn't give the tiniest mouse-sized shite whether people follow my way of thinking or not.
Best quote of the thread IMHO :mysmilie_17:

Well, that's fine, BFT, if that's the way you want to live, it's your call. I'm simply stating how I feel and how I live my life, and I couldn't give the tiniest mouse-sized shite whether people follow my way of thinking or not.

Yo, I dont think i could have put that any better myself! You my dear are a true inspiration x

I suspect you think I was probably having an argument with you here? On the contrary,I have no problem AT ALL,with how you choose to live your life,I just responded to you because you actually submitted a post with some actual thought,that is all.I am generally receptive to those,whatever the content,so there was no ill-meaning intended on my part.

As for those ignoring me,I REALLY,REALLY wish you were capable of that:mysmilie_17: and you would direct your considerable energies, which are clocking my every move, to the cause of taking Basso down,this would be time better spent.:mysmilie_696:

That being said,I don't expect to read anymore indirect slights or cowardly rebuffs.For those superior beings who are above such things as my posts,your superiority should allow you direct those comments RIGHT AT ME,or IGNORE ME FULL STOP.I'd prefer the latter.

Thank You.

Incidentally, as my good friend Yaz knows, I would be first there with her on any protest, but being incapacitated with cancer rather puts a dampener on such things, since I cannot even get out of the house now. I have, however, always been involved in protests and pro-active ways of bringing cruelty, in whatever form, to the notice of as many people as possible. One of the advantages of working in journalism for so long was that I was able to write about issues involving exploitation of people/animals and resources.

I don't know woman, you get a slight headache or tummy pain and you fall apart at the seams. Do I need to remind about the time I stubbed my toe and went about the day as per usual? honestly such dramatics is only capable of an Oscar :mysmilie_82::mysmilie_17:

Truely, it would have been lovely to have your support Puss but I know you are far to sickly to attend. xxxx

Yes,you'd love that wouldn't you? unfortunately it's not going to happen,why?because I haven't said anything which crosses the line

You say you've been reading ST for over 10 years but you're under the delusion you have to cross a line to get banned ???? :mysmilie_11:

I wear silk and thank my lucky stars for it as it is so kind to my rotten eczema infested skin but the silk worms haven't exactly got the greatest of existence which I do feel bad about. I have tried the synthetic alternatives (disaster) and do wear plant fibres but for warmth and non irritation the damn silk wins by a country mile :(

Is this silk undies then ? :mysmilie_12:

You say you've been reading ST for over 10 years but you're under the delusion you have to cross a line to get banned ???? :mysmilie_11:

Aw knickers to you:mysmilie_820:

I don't know woman, you get a slight headache or tummy pain and you fall apart at the seams. Do I need to remind about the time I stubbed my toe and went about the day as per usual? honestly such dramatics is only capable of an Oscar :mysmilie_82::mysmilie_17:

Truely, it would have been lovely to have your support Puss but I know you are far to sickly to attend. xxxx

What can I say, Yaz? I'm just a big jessie who can't handle pain. How you managed to get through that traumatic day with a stubbed toe has left me in awe ever since. Eeee, you're that 'ard.

It is simple really. If you are happy with the methods used to obtain his fur ( whether he had the scalpel in his grimy little hands or not ) then you have no argument with him appearing on the most popular shopping channel in the UK and USA.

If you do, then do as much as you can to shout and stamp your feet until someone who has the power to get him off our screens takes notice.

We can't all come to London to protest as ideal as that might be. I regularly email QVC each time he is featured and I get the usual stock reply. It will not stop me.

Don't allow yourself to be made to feel guilty if you are unable to physically do something.

It is simple really. If you are happy with the methods used to obtain his fur ( whether he had the scalpel in his grimy little hands or not ) then you have no argument with him appearing on the most popular shopping channel in the UK and USA.

If you do, then do as much as you can to shout and stamp your feet until someone who has the power to get him off our screens takes notice.

We can't all come to London to protest as ideal as that might be. I regularly email QVC each time he is featured and I get the usual stock reply. It will not stop me.

Don't allow yourself to be made to feel guilty if you are unable to physically do something.

I am afraid that is the norm though isn't it.

Absolutely and well put too, just because you cannot attend or do not want to attend doesn't mean you should feel guilty or be made to feel guilty, it is an idividual chioce that we all should make. I am more than willing to make the journey down but if enough cannot attend then I wont be doing it alone I can tell you, no matter what my beliefs. I would then choose other options like emails and letters.

Am under no such delusion but seeing how this thread wasn't closed after page 1,the times may be a changin':mysmilie_1735:

So I am right to assume that Basso is just another designer obtaining his pelts in the same way as millions of others then. Which makes him no better....but no worse, and before I get verbally slapped for this, think.....if you have so much as ever bought a pair of Gucci sunglasses you may as well have bought a Basso coat.

I just think protesting at QVC at a man that is there to sell artifical fur is a bit daft. OK, so he has other business seperate from QVC, and lets say you finally get what you want and force QVC to terminate whatever agreement they have, what then? Basso goes back to America and continues to make real fur items for the rich and famous, that very thing that has made him where he is today.

I would rather see some effort put into getting some ethics put into the auction house system as to me this is where the problem is. Sadly no one else seems to have seen the programme that I did. The auction houses do not care where the pelts come from and have furs from barbaric sources in the same lots as humane farms and trappers.

It would surely be a step in the right direction to encourage a system that ostracised pelts from certain places, dealing only with farms that were regularly checked for their practices and that were making full use of the entire thing? This way at least it could almost outlaw such cruelty as skinning alive, which no one in their right mind really finds acceptable.

I'm not very keen on physical protests outside of other peoples property, it is too much like stamping your feet to get what you want, a form of bullying. QVC are entitled to sell these items and deal with Basso if they choose to, I think emails are as far as it should go.

So I am right to assume that Basso is just another designer obtaining his pelts in the same way as millions of others then. Which makes him no better....but no worse, and before I get verbally slapped for this, think.....if you have so much as ever bought a pair of Gucci sunglasses you may as well have bought a Basso coat.

I just think protesting at QVC at a man that is there to sell artifical fur is a bit daft. OK, so he has other business seperate from QVC, and lets say you finally get what you want and force QVC to terminate whatever agreement they have, what then? Basso goes back to America and continues to make real fur items for the rich and famous, that very thing that has made him where he is today.

I would rather see some effort put into getting some ethics put into the auction house system as to me this is where the problem is. Sadly no one else seems to have seen the programme that I did. The auction houses do not care where the pelts come from and have furs from barbaric sources in the same lots as humane farms and trappers.

It would surely be a step in the right direction to encourage a system that ostracised pelts from certain places, dealing only with farms that were regularly checked for their practices and that were making full use of the entire thing?
This way at least it could almost outlaw such cruelty as skinning alive, which no one in their right mind really finds acceptable.

I'm not very keen on physical protests outside of other peoples property, it is too much like stamping your feet to get what you want, a form of bullying. QVC are entitled to sell these items and deal with Basso if they choose to, I think emails are as far as it should go.

You can get the ball rolling on that then.:mysmilie_696:

Emails and letters only get the standard response. Emails can be deleted without opening and letters get shredded.

I don't really like to protest outside other peoples/companies properties either but without these types of protests we wouldn't have womens liberty, decent pay, decent working conditions etc etc etc.

If we all just sat their writing letters and emails the human world would never change. It is very easy to have high standards from the comfort of a chair.

You can get the ball rolling on that then.:mysmilie_696:

Emails and letters only get the standard response. Emails can be deleted without opening and letters get shredded.

I don't really like to protest outside other peoples/companies properties either but without these types of protests we wouldn't have womens liberty, decent pay, decent working conditions etc etc etc.

If we all just sat their writing letters and emails the human world would never change. It is very easy to have high standards from the comfort of a chair.

which, i think, was my original point. a good time to close this thread maybe.

What if we all bought a spiffy macintosh or faux fuzzy coat from the big ol Basso to promote his nonfur business?..

..Hypothetically, if Basso were to desist and denounce his involvement in the fur trade to concentrate on his fabric lines, would that be enough to redeem him and his products on QVC? Or is he damned for all time?

I suggested both these ideas on a long-past thread, but was howled down by the harridans of puritanism - hence my having left the site.

Glad my judgement proved correct..

I suggested both these ideas on a long-past thread, but was howled down by the harridans of puritanism - hence my having left the site.

Glad my judgement proved correct..

Far out that has never happenend on here before :mysmilie_17:

Think the original poster was just trying to make a point. I totally abhor any kind of cruelty to any animal, yet I have a few leather and suede jackets, plus I will not wear anything but leather shoes. But really, it is up to the individual. Fur trading went on for centuries, it is warm and soft to wear. But in 2010, there are man-made materials that are every bit as good, if not better than genuine fur.

I hope no donkeys were harmed in the making of it Snoops!! :mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back