Skechers TSV 10/5/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've bought Sketcher boots size four that were too big and Sketcher shoes size four that were too small, learnt my lesson know so it's either buy them from places that offer free returns or get them from the shop. That applies to any shoes/pumps/boots I buy now.

Thankfully, I'm so old, I don't care what others might think about my shoes! They look comfortable & practical to me, and I like the silvery bits for summer, so that's my boxes ticked! Looking forward to receiving and heading straight to the airport in them :mysmilie_14:

I bought a pair of Pavers own brand Mary Jane style pumps last week and they are comfortable and much cheaper than Skechers.

I also saw Clarkes lightweight cut out style (IYKWIM) trainers which I would have bought but they didn't have my size in stock.

They are not really my style but I have ordered a black pair to try. They are mainly for taking on holiday for walks and bike riding rather than trainers in hot weather.

I like them. I've ordered in the grey. (And no I'm not very old and yes I am quite style conscious!!) I think they're quite funky.

I'm not interested in the tsv but out of interest how do Sketchers compare with fitflops are they similar?

I'm not interested in the tsv but out of interest how do Sketchers compare with fitflops are they similar?

Totally different concept I'd say. Skechers did do a range called something like shape ups which were along the same tone-up-your-legs-while-you-walk fandango, but all the rest are focussed on comfort and lightness.

I have several pairs of Merrell Mary Janes. Walked 16k in them today and my feet are fine. Not even tired or sore.

Navy Skechers have arrived and they are Fab! Really comfy and supportive, the size 7 (my regular size these days) fits perfectly and makes my feet look tiny.
Really pleased with them and even more chuffed that I pre-ordered the taupe ones too. :mysmilie_47:

Navy Skechers have arrived and they are Fab! Really comfy and supportive, the size 7 (my regular size these days) fits perfectly and makes my feet look tiny.
Really pleased with them and even more chuffed that I pre-ordered the taupe ones too. :mysmilie_47:

Mine have arrived this morning too and I also really like them. I agree with you on the thing about making your feet look smaller, I'd thought the exact same thing! The only thing I can think of as a potential teensy criticism would be that the memory foam inside seems different than another pair of Skechers synergy I have, its much less squishy. Don't know if that's just because the other ones I have are more of a sports shoe or whether these have been 'made for qvc'. I'm still happy though. :up:

I hate Mary Jane styles, well on me.

I wear socks, children's as I am a size 3 so that style not a good look with socks.

I agree that it is not a great look with socks but I am wearing socks with them until the weather warms up. I have Merrell Mary Janes and they are so comfortable

Received my TSV and they are very nice, I agree they do make your feet look smaller and they are quite wide but very light. My only problem is my right foot must be slightly smaller than my left because it is slipping slightly and might get on my wick. I will wear them and see how I get on.

Mine arrived yesterday and I'm keeping them. I can usually tell immediately whether I'm going to get on with a pair of shoes or not and these were comfortable as soon as I put them on. I got the grey ones and the silver thread isn't too obvious so I won't feel like a 'disco diva' when I wear them. I also wanted a pair of comfortable shoes, having just had a total knee replacement a couple of months ago, and these give me the support that I need at the moment.

Received my TSV and they are very nice, I agree they do make your feet look smaller and they are quite wide but very light. My only problem is my right foot must be slightly smaller than my left because it is slipping slightly and might get on my wick. I will wear them and see how I get on.

I didn't buy these but I've just been looking at the reviews and a few people have mentioned that the left shoe seems smaller than the right shoe. I was considering a trip to the outlet shop to see if they had any of these and from the reviews it seems like quite a few have been returned.

I didn't buy these but I've just been looking at the reviews and a few people have mentioned that the left shoe seems smaller than the right shoe. I was considering a trip to the outlet shop to see if they had any of these and from the reviews it seems like quite a few have been returned.

Thats why mine are sliping dooh well mine are going back because it is driving me mad. They are sending me a label what a shame another own goal for Q and Sketchers. The reviews are not very good for this TSV.
The last Diane Gilman TSV reviews are even worse..

Everyone has one foot/hand/breast/eye etc smaller/higher than the other. None of us are perfectly symmetrical. For some people the difference is more pronounced than for others. I suspect that is the reason some people find the slip on shoes tricky as there's no way to tighten the strap.
Personally, I'm thrilled to bits with mine, and also with my Diane Gilman jeans, but you can only really tell by trying - which means for expensive returns if they aren't suitable.

I've tried Sketchers leisure type shoes on a couple of occasions and can't wear them because they don't come up high enough around the heel. Any new winter shoes/boots I buy are adapted by our local disabled services. Some shoes just need a specially made insole, of course, that pushes the foot up so there needs to be plenty of height in the back of the shoe. I am interested in the memory foam. I don't think it would be any good for me as my feet don't stay in the correct position, hence the adaptation etc. I can't go without shoes at all and haven't walked bare foot for years, even just getting out of bed. Birkenstocks have been my saviour for the summer months for years and if I'm anywhere with a Birkenstock shop, I'm straight in there. I've worn them for such a long time I don't need to break them in, but I know that many people find them uncomfortable. Being stylish ceased to be an issue years ago. It's being able to walk that's important for me. Anyone with plantar fasciitis, ankle instability or any other foot problem who has tried memory foam, I would be grateful for your views.

Just recently I have found that when I wear shoes - with a small heel - I get a sharp shooting pain in the ball of my foot, as if something is being pulled. I have no idea what is causing it, but finding shoes now that I can wear, is very hard. I have some fly flots that I purchased last year and these are great for me in the summer. Struggling to find suitable shoes though for winter.

Latest posts

Back